What's new

India's 1st Pilatus PC-7 Mk.2 Trainer Emerges

sudhir007

Reaction score
Livefist: India's 1st Pilatus PC-7 Mk.2 Trainer Emerges

IMG_2260.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

Here's a photo of what is said to be the first Pilatus PC-7 Mk.2 basic trainer aircraft for the Indian Air Force. The photo from this blog, identifies itself as the first PC-7 aircraft under flight test for the IAF (note the IAF roundel under the wing -- thank you, Carpe Noctum, for pointing me to this photo!).

The IAF signed a contract with Switzerland's Pilatus for 75 PC-7 Mk.2 aircraft worth on May 24 this year, with deliveries to begin early 2013.

That was quick. And how come there's IAF roundel under-wing and Swiss flag on the tailfin?

Maybe this'll be shared by IAF and Swiss AF, haha.

That was quick. And how come there's IAF roundel under-wing and Swiss flag on the tailfin?

Its something to do with made in Switzerland Tag

Even my Tissot watch has a Swiss flag ,That doesnot mean that it is part of the Swiss Army

Deliveries are to start from jan 2013, so I would say it is on time...

When it is delivered in IAF livery the Swiss flag might be taken off, I think it should be..

Its something to do with made in Switzerland Tag

Even my Tissot watch has a Swiss flag ,That doesnot mean that it is part of the Swiss Army

That was sarcasm dude :D he was kidding

Cool but the paint scheme is a bit odd it doesn't fit the past metallic silver of the DeepKs nor the new low-vis grey of the AJTs. It seems to be a completely new livery. Also there is no way the IAF would induct the plane with the Swiss flag on the tail.

Cool but the paint scheme is a bit odd it doesn't fit the past metallic silver of the DeepKs nor the new low-vis grey of the AJTs. It seems to be a completely new livery. Also there is no way the IAF would induct the plane with the Swiss flag on the tail.

Don't worry abing, we have masters of the paint job all around us :P :D

I don't think this is the final paint scheme...maybe just factory paint, common to
all Pilatus-built ac.

Can it drop bombs ??? :taz: coz i would love that..

The Brazilian-made Embraer EMB-314 Super Tucano could do that and in considerably bigger capabilities. But our dumb top brass didn't select it while many air forces around the world are inducting them as a dual-use training/counter-insurgency fighter jets.

IMG_8229%2B%25282%2529-756813.JPG

_DSC0119%2B%25281%2529-758949.JPG

_DSC0117-761159.JPG

_DSC0101-763831.JPG

_DSC0096%2B%25281%2529-766042.JPG

The Indian Air Force has received the first lot of the new basic trainer aircraft 'PC-7 Mk-II' produced by the Pilatus aircraft company of Switzerland, which arrived today at the Air Force Academy, Dundigal near Hyderabad. The first lot of aircraft were flown in by the Swiss pilots and received at Air Force Academy by Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Training Command, Air Marshal Rajinder Singh PVSM AVSM VM and Commandant AFA, Air Marshal RG Burli VM. The aircraft 'PC-7 Mk-II' is a modern trainer aircraft, equipped with the latest navigation system and training aids, and is being used by many Air Forces around the world. The IAF is to get 75 such aircrafts in the coming months. With the induction of the 'PC-7 Mk-II' aircraft, the IAF will be able to meet the long standing need of having a basic trainer aircraft post grounding of HPT-32 in July 2009.

IMG_8229%2B%25282%2529-756813.JPG

_DSC0119%2B%25281%2529-758949.JPG

_DSC0117-761159.JPG

_DSC0101-763831.JPG

_DSC0096%2B%25281%2529-766042.JPG

The Indian Air Force has received the first lot of the new basic trainer aircraft 'PC-7 Mk-II' produced by the Pilatus aircraft company of Switzerland, which arrived today at the Air Force Academy, Dundigal near Hyderabad. The first lot of aircraft were flown in by the Swiss pilots and received at Air Force Academy by Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Training Command, Air Marshal Rajinder Singh PVSM AVSM VM and Commandant AFA, Air Marshal RG Burli VM. The aircraft 'PC-7 Mk-II' is a modern trainer aircraft, equipped with the latest navigation system and training aids, and is being used by many Air Forces around the world. The IAF is to get 75 such aircrafts in the coming months. With the induction of the 'PC-7 Mk-II' aircraft, the IAF will be able to meet the long standing need of having a basic trainer aircraft post grounding of HPT-32 in July 2009.

I don't know if these are actually the IAF's- they've got the Swiss flag on the tail.

I don't know if these are actually the IAF's- they've got the Swiss flag on the tail.

May be paint job done here,read this

The first lot of aircraft were flown in by the Swiss pilots and received at Air Force Academy by Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Training Command, Air Marshal Rajinder Singh PVSM AVSM VM and Commandant AFA, Air Marshal RG Burli VM.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...-pc-7-mk-2-trainer-emerges.html#ixzz2JliB616P

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom