What's new

Indians never win

You can't compete with China. China is a Communist State where what the Politburo does in Beijing is the law of the land.

So for China, its a matter of national prestige that their athletes do well. So they spared no expense in building the best facilities, creating academies, hiring foreign coaches, and coaching children from age 3 into their respective sports and giving them corporal punishment if they failed to perform.

Democracies don't operate like that. That is why Soviet Union used to dominate sports and now Russia comes in 4th or 5th. USA tops the medals given the diversity of their population and sheer resources at their disposal to create athletes.
I wanted to say the same, but thought most people will consider it as jealousy.
Many authoritarian regimes do great things that can show off the best about themselves.
I was reading an australian's comment (about their bad performance compared to UK), that unlike UK they did not spend millions but focussed on basics. If healthy society is our aim, I will follow the australians.
Here is the bbc article about the money spent.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19144983

You can't compete with China. China is a Communist State where what the Politburo does in Beijing is the law of the land.

So for China, its a matter of national prestige that their athletes do well. So they spared no expense in building the best facilities, creating academies, hiring foreign coaches, and coaching children from age 3 into their respective sports and giving them corporal punishment if they failed to perform.

Democracies don't operate like that. That is why Soviet Union used to dominate sports and now Russia comes in 4th or 5th. USA tops the medals given the diversity of their population and sheer resources at their disposal to create athletes.

china didnt use to dominate before as some member said they got 5 gold medals in 1988, now china givs loans to the US, so basically china has more resources than USA and still china gets 2nd

you are completely confused on real facts and doing what in punjabi is said 'bongian marna'

man u r seriously obsessed with India being a superpower :)

he said india is a super power :cheesy:

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3300621 said:
china didnt use to dominate before as some member said they got 5 gold medals in 1988, now china givs loans to the US, so basically china has more resources than USA and still china gets 2nd

you are completely confused on real facts and doing what in punjabi is said 'bongian marna'

he said india is a super power :cheesy:
Please read the BBC article. There is a strong correlation between the money spent and winning a medal. Some poor african country can win in specific sport(like say marathon) due to their genetic advantage, but rest is because of funding.

I think we should spend more on olympic friendly sports, and result will be there to see in rio.
BTW, the brits have started to prepare for rio already.

@ajtr
first pakistani flag , then indian and now both , are
you here do to some constructive or only destructive.....

we (indians) are happy with our olympic performance..
but are you happy with your(pakistan) performance??

Wow I thought the article was going to start develing in to racial superiorty and "athletic" races BS! The fact is Olympic success relates directy to investment and cold hard cash. The BBC published a graph that showed the amount the UKG spent on Olymians and their training and there was an incredibly close corrolation between spending and success= years spendin was less medals were less and vice verse. The article calculated that for every gold medla won by UK it cost the government £10 MILLION-PER MEDAL!

As India grows and gains wealth medal success will naturally follow but the GoI has to do more in terms of structure and intiatives-5/6 medals just isn't good enough.

Agreed, it is estimated that GOI spend around $ 49 million & Private sector around $11 million for the London Olympics prepration, that means $ 60 million for 6 medals, 1 medal cost for India was $ 10 million :woot: meaning if we want to win more medals than we need to spend more money, there will be no "free lunches" as far as Olympic medals are concerned.

Indians never win but pakistan always loses

India does not follow this

Gymnastics-Training.jpg

@westtowel that pic is shocking but i have seen worse on tv where they shown how china coaches train kids.... am happy india in shooting, boxing and wrestling.... People at age 16 to 18 joins the sport in india and still does well....

Ajtr start such trolls topic and then get disappear. Dont you know trolls crowds are always desperate to jump in such topics :no:

I see those who win gold medals and performed well are very humble but on the other hands those who don't perform well talk too much and criticise each others when we all know that both nations are not outstanding in sports department . may be because of this attitude we dont win much medals and if by luck we ever win few golds then i am sure we will start shouting it on faces of others that we are the winner ..i don't know when we will grow up

Pathetic excuse for 0 medal performance at Olympics.

oh this is pathatic, well then how about answer my few questions
- What is the population of India??
- How many Medals India won this Olympic?
- What is the population of China??

get where i am going??
now give me your pathetic excuse!!
for a country of 1.5 billion whose fastest blower ever was as fast a Afridi, you are not build for sports

oh this is pathatic, well then how about answer my few questions
- What is the population of India??
- How many Medals India won this Olympic?
- What is the population of China??

get where i am going??
now give me your pathetic excuse!!
for a country of 1.5 billion whose fastest blower ever was as fast a Afridi, you are not build for sports

well population has nothing to do with how well you perform in sports and it has all to do with sports cultures in country. Its also depend on how keen peoples are to take part in different sports as well as government funding , sponsorship , facilities and training etc.. If you dont play any sports on regular basis beside cricket then how you are going to perform well in swimming, athletes, boxing etc

These are the list of top 8 most populated countries

1 China
2 India
3 United State
4 Indonesia
5 Brazil
6 Pakistan
7 Nigeria
8 Bangladesh

I don't see any of them are outstanding in different spots beside china and USA and these two country play different Olympic sports on regular basis but if same two country participate in cricket and hockey then they will not going to get gold here because they don't play these sports

Back
Top Bottom