What's new

‘Indians never knew Pakistan was so modern’

Lets not go there.....

Even you know that you would not be able to prove that statement...let alone handle the shitstorm from Indians you are about to invite...

I think you have simplied your statement...First of all to get an impression in another nation, it depends on what is the point of interaction between the people of India and Pakistan...Based on the point of interaction only people will get the perception...

Think rationally, since 1990 or you can say from our generation childhood, we saw that Pakistan diplomatically and militarily supported major anti national movement of India ..Like Khalistan and Kashmir movement....And apart from that all the fringe terrorism related cases and Mumabi episode only complicated the matter....Of course i also completely agree that Pakistan may have list of complains about INDIA too....

I think we should be thankful to Bollywood that some how due to Bollywood and Cricket the positive of Pakistan is reflected in Indian society...Unless other wise India and Pakistan do something positive that creates a significantly positive perception about each other...both of our nation will remain non friendly to each other....Take the example of recent years...definitely Pakistan is not considered as any kind of enemy as it was compared in late 90's or 2000...Now Pakistan is perceived as Non friendly nation but not an enemy one...

I think you have simplied your statement...First of all to get an impression in another nation, it depends on what is the point of interaction between the people of India and Pakistan...Based on the point of interaction only people will get the perception...

Think rationally, since 1990 or you can say from our generation childhood, we saw that Pakistan diplomatically and militarily supported major anti national movement of India ..Like Khalistan and Kashmir movement....And apart from that all the fringe terrorism related cases and Mumabi episode only complicated the matter....Of course i also completely agree that Pakistan may have list of complains about INDIA too....

I think we should be thankful to Bollywood that some how due to Bollywood and Cricket the positive of Pakistan is reflected in Indian society...Unless other wise India and Pakistan do something positive that creates a significantly positive perception about each other...both of our nation will remain non friendly to each other....Take the example of recent years...definitely Pakistan is not considered as any kind of enemy as it was compared in late 90's or 2000...Now Pakistan is perceived as Non friendly nation but not an enemy one...

My friend I think you're reading my note out of context...
I was simply responding to the fact that there is no way for the poster to make the claim that shalwar Kameez is more predominant in Pak and copied "Pakistani" design...

Though I concur that Bollywood gives Indians a lot of international exposure...something that the Pakistanis do not have...

I hope I answered your question....unless I missed the woods for the trees here

My friend I think you're reading my note out of context...
I was simply responding to the fact that there is no way for the poster to make the claim that shalwar Kameez is more predominant in Pak and copied "Pakistani" design...

Though I concur that Bollywood gives Indians a lot of international exposure...something that the Pakistanis do not have...

I hope I answered your question....unless I missed the woods for the trees here

Hey i am sorry...I was supposed to reply to a Pakistan poster...I think by mistake...I replied it to you...Sorry mate..

why should we try to change our image, no one knew Pakistan before all this started, now everyone in the world knows us and they know we are not Indians...not a bad trade off

wow.... so you are proud of being branded backward and extreme?

why should we try to change our image, no one knew Pakistan before all this started, now everyone in the world knows us and they know we are not Indians...not a bad trade off

wow.... so you are proud of being branded backward and extreme?

I know this statement was supposed to be positive but it comes off as being somewhat offensive.

Pakistan isn't like the US/Europe but its no Afghanistan either. Small towns/villages tend to be conservative but the major cities in Pakistan are pretty modern I would say.

It wasn't meant to be offensive, but I say this in a different sense than cyphercide has said it. Try to understand that to the Indian man (or woman) in the street, who has not gone to Pakistan as cricketers and other sportsmen, liberals, journalists and scholars, bureaucrats, diplomats and a handful of businessmen have done, Pakistan is completely unknown. All that we know about her is pretty terrifying and menacing. It is a country with guns, a country which sends dozens of gunmen into Kashmir on a regular basis, where they kill a few people, soldiers and policemen, as well as civilians, before being killed themselves; a country which sent terrorists to kill unarmed men, women and children in Mumbai, and in Bengaluru before that, and to attack Parliament, and who knows what else.

What views do you expect to prevail among people who have such images floating about in their minds?

The more the business and investment opportunities in Pakistan....the merrier Pakistan will be:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:.

Last edited:
General impression of Pakistanis is a big bearded man with an AK-47 in an ankle length shalwar kameez mouthing something about kafirs.

But then, these impressions will only change with more people to people contacts.
Its impression which your media and newspaper created in your mind. You need to change your mind as well.We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are. Its all about looking at half glass of water as half empty or half full

Its impression which your media and newspaper created in your mind. You need to change your mind as well.We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are. Its all about looking at half glass of water as half empty or half full
Are you telling me that you donot have this problem?

You are living in a country where in 2014, a Constitutional body - the CII, recommends to the Govt to remove the minimum age of marriage for girls because of Islam, and you are telling me that Pakistan is modern?

Yes, there are pockets of modernity in Pakistan, but Pakistan is not modern.

Are you telling me that you donot have this problem?

You are living in a country where in 2014, a Constitutional body - the CII, recommends to the Govt to remove the minimum age of marriage for girls because of Islam, and you are telling me that Pakistan is modern?

Yes, there are pockets of modernity in Pakistan, but Pakistan is not modern.

What is modernity? What minimum age for marrige has anything to do with modernity ? There is no one age for marrige in different countries. Is all india/Indians modern or westernised ? I was telling you that people love to keep negative impression of Pakistan because thats what gain their attention and thats what they are trying to find in Pakistan

What is modernity? What minimum age for marrige has anything to do with modernity ? There is no one age for marrige in different countries. Is all india/Indians modern or westernised ? I was telling you that people love to keep negative impression of Pakistan because thats what gain their attention and thats what they are trying to find in Pakistan
Are you seriously going to ask me this question?
Minimum age of marriage has a lot to do with modernity. In the early days, children were married off before they even reached 15 years of age. Heck they were married before 10 years of age.

Today, thanks to modernity and modern human values, girls (and boys) are barred from marriage till they reach around 18(in most countries).

You are right on one account though, we do love to keep a negative impression of Pakistan and that is what we try to find in Pakistan. And so, yes we are selective.

Back
Top Bottom