What's new

Indians arrested for Facebook post on Mumbai shutdown

The only thing unfortunate is Pakistan doesnt have any Hindus/Sikhs left in their lands. Whatever Hindus and Sikhs were left in your lands were either raped and converted like Rinkle Kumari, killed like the countless Sikhs in Lahore, or forced to flee to India, like the latest batch we receive every week through the trains running through Wagah of Hindu/Sikh refugee families.

At least Musllims still exist in India, unlike the non-existent minorities that will soon join dinosaurs in Lahore Museum as extinct species, so please dont lecture us on how to deal with minorities. Especially when you have conveniently ethnically cleansed of all the non-Muslims from once Hindu/Sikh majority lands. If we were anything like you, the 2011 census would show that Muslims are 2% of the population, just like your country.

Thank You.

All your arguments in the above post do not justify the arrest of girl

dahhh Shiv Sainks should read ToI comments section and they will find more taregts.

Seems with death of thackray Shiv Sena lost a big loud mouth and they will need such provocations for keeping the religious extremist party alive

No they won't. You definatly know who are the people commenting in TOI. They got replies there. I know it will be hard for you to understand but the common man in Maharashtra loved him. The people who had their benifit opposing him only opposed him.

If you want to know the feeling , it's something like your law which involves the action on the bad mouthing your god. He was God for some people.

He wasn't against Islam in general. I know you won't belive it still I write it cuz I know it

No they won't. You definatly know who are the people commenting in TOI. They got replies there. I know it will be hard for you to understand but the common man in Maharashtra loved him. The people who had their benifit opposing him only opposed him.

If you want to know the feeling , it's something like your law which involves the action on the bad mouthing your god. He was God for some people.

He wasn't against Islam in general. I know you won't belive it still I write it cuz I know it

oh bhai what about those who dont love him. you love him good for you i dont love him so dont force him down my throat. thats the point. you cant arrest someone for not liking him

No one forcing anything down anyone's throat.

I have Muslim friends who do not like Balasaheb either and said much the same as this silly girl.

But in private. Amongst friends who understood them.

Not for the whole world to see and hear at a sensitive time when passions are high.

And jeopardize the safety of millions.

Come on - you well understand this. You are only sticking to the evil Hindu Muslim-hating totalitarian Indian state line because you are enjoying it .....

oh bhai what about those who dont love him. you love him good for you i dont love him so dont force him down my throat. thats the point. you cant arrest someone for not liking him

Reminds me of the love thy prophet day in pakistan that killed 25 pakistanis, burned a church and vandalised a temple. I actually agree with the principle you propose, and in india we do follow it. There have been many many articles in mainstream newspapers against thakre after his death that have been highly critical of him. The case of the girl is an exception and cops played their role to safeguard peace. You are reading too much into it without either understanding or endorsing, let alone following the principles you so hypocritically selectively espouse.

No arrests here

The Hindu : Opinion / Op-Ed : An authentic Indian fascism
State honours, Tricolours for Bal Thackeray: What for? - Oneindia News

No one forcing anything down anyone's throat.

I have Muslim friends who do not like Balasaheb either and said much the same as this silly girl.

But in private. Amongst friends who understood them.

Not for the whole world to see and hear at a sensitive time when passions are high.

And jeopardize the safety of millions.

Come on - you well understand this. You are only sticking to the evil Hindu Muslim-hating totalitarian Indian state line because you are enjoying it .....

Mr. Thackray is made hero by Hardliner Hindus for his public extremists views putting the safety of millions of jeoprady and you are asking others to hold their views

Outrage in India over arrests for Facebook post.

NEW DELHI: Indian officials have arrested one young woman for a Facebook post criticising the shutdown of Mumbai for the funeral of a powerful Hindu fundamentalist politician. Another young woman was arrested simply for hitting the ”like” button next to the comment. :lol:

Analysts and the media Tuesday widely condemned the Maharashtra state government for what they said were attempts to curb freedom of expression.

Shops and transportation across Mumbai, India’s financial capital, closed Sunday for the death of right-wing leader Bal Thackeray.

The arrests of the two women Sunday were seen as a move by police to prevent violence by Thackeray’s supporters. Both women were released on bail Monday.

The women apologised, but angry supporters ransacked an orthopedic hospital run by the uncle of one of the women.

Outrage in India over arrests for Facebook post | DAWN.COM

Reminds me of the love thy prophet day in pakistan that killed 25 pakistanis, burned a church and vandalised a temple. I actually agree with the principle you propose, and in india we do follow it. There have been many many articles in mainstream newspapers against thakre after his death that have been highly critical of him. The case of the girl is an exception and cops played their role to safeguard peace. You are reading too much into it without either understanding or endorsing, let alone following the principles you so hypocritically selectively espouse.

No arrests here

Violence was and is condmned. Peaceful protest is not condmned. You can protest her comments, but can not arrest her.

Your example in this case is uncalled for but anyway since you want a justification for the bad action hence your comparing a moron like thackray with Prophet of billions of Muslims.

No arrests here

To add:

A probe has already been ordered

Probe ordered into girls' arrest for questioning Mumbai's 'Bal Thackeray shutdown' on Facebook

And those involved in vandalism been arrested

9 arrested for vandalising woman's uncle's clinic over Facebook post

Its total ludicrous, its not someone's kingdom to keep mum on events, so where is democracy, freedom of speech etc India and their citizen used to propagate!

India should leave to portray as liberal country, it still suffered with high rated conservatism, religious fanaticism and violation of freedom (in any issue or case) because people couldn't change themselves but want to be moderate in front of the world.

Mr. Thackray is made hero by Hardliner Hindus for his public extremists views putting the safety of millions of jeoprady and you are asking others to hold their views

His non-compromising style of politics has ensured that people in the state and especially Mumbai feel safer today than in the 70s and 80s.

States like UP, Bihar, Karnataka (getting there), Andhra and Kerala need such leadership. That is where the lives of millions are in jeopardy.

Your example in this case is uncalled for but anyway since you want a justification for the bad action hence your comparing a moron like thackray with Prophet of billions of Muslims.

There are only 1.6 billion of you. Not billions.

He was comparing sentiments and the example was very valid.

Not everyone needs to love Islam or your Prophet. And should have the right to say so.

Why force it down everyone's throats?

Turn some of your arguments around for the Blasphemy laws in your country, and you will see his point.

Even if you continue to not admit it.

Back
Top Bottom