What's new

Indian Three-Star General Planned Suicide Attacks in Peshawar: Gabol

here comes Good person..
let me repeat, was Indian support to insurgents in East Pakistan justified?

Oh! I you misunderstood me I was pointing spello.

Once more BD did not get created because of India's support. Insurgency in BD always has fallout on India with so many immigrants.
Remember famous speech of ZAF calling Bangladeshis as "Suar ke Bachce" ?

Once more BD did not get created because of India's support. Insurgency in BD always has fallout on India with so many immigrants.

in Indian history Books there is nothing about Indian support for Mukhti Bahini

Indian prime minister Indira Gandhi declared war on Pakistan and in aid of the Mukti Bahini, then ordered the immediate mobilisation of troops and launched the full-scale invasion. This marked the official start of the Indo-Pakistani War.

Three Indian corps were involved in the invasion of East Pakistan. They were supported by nearly three brigades of Mukti Bahini fighting alongside them, and many more fighting irregularly. This was far superior to the Pakistani army of three divisions[46]. The Indians quickly overran the country, bypassing heavily defended strongholds. Pakistani forces were unable to effectively counter the Indian attack, as they had been deployed in small units around the border to counter guerrilla attacks by the Mukti Bahini.[47] Unable to defend Dhaka, the Pakistanis surrendered on 16 December1971.

The speed of the Indian strategy can be gauged by the fact that one of the regiments of Indian army (7 Punjab now 8 Mechnised Inf Regiment) fought the liberation war along the Jessore and Khulna axis. They were newly converted to a mechanised regiment and it took them just 1 week to reach Khulna after capturing Jessore. Their losses were limited to just 2 newly acquired APCs (SKOT) from the Russians.
Indian Armys T-55 tanks on their way to Dhaka. Indias military intervention played a crucial role in turning the tide in favour of the Bangladeshi rebels. Indias external intelligence agency, the R&AW, played a crucial role in providing logistic support to the Mukti Bahini during the initial stages of the war. R&AWs operations, in then-East Pakistan, was the largest covert operation in the history of South Asia.

Civil War | War 1971 Bangladesh

Indian Support of Mukti Bahini Guerrillas

• "Initially, the Indians are likely to confine their actions to expressions of sympathy for and perhaps support to East Bengalis. They will watch closely for signs as to the strength and prospects for success on the part of East Bengal dissidents. If the evidence indicates to the Indians that the East Bengal independence movement has reasonably good prospects for success, the GOI may do any of several things: tolerate privately provided cross-border assistance to the East Bengalis. This assistance could range from propaganda support to weapons and explosives; permit East Bengal dissidents to use India as a refuge and to conduct cross-border activities from within India; covertly provide supplies, including weapons, and perhaps some training, to East Bengal dissidents. (Indian Reaction to Pakistan Events, Mar. 29, 1971)"
  • "In addition to its concern about the refugee problem, the GOI has been taking steps to support the Bengali struggle for independence in the face of the military successes of the Pakistan Army. The BSF has established camps at which 10,000 Bengalis are reportedly receiving training in guerrilla and sabotage tactics. Limited quantities of arms and ammunition continue to be provided to the Bengali separatists and some Indian forces have infiltrated into East Bengal to provide assistance and training to the separatists. (Contingency Study for Indo-Pakistan Hostilities, May 25, 1971)"
  • "Two successive batches of insurgents have now completed training in India and have boosted number and quality of infiltrators. Number of Mukti Bahini have received training at Dehra Dun and been commissioned as officers. Additional numbers are now in training at various Indian centers. Meanwhile extremist elements including Naxalites have taken advantage of opportunity to step up their own activity, on the other hand, Hamid said, Mukti Bahini are not so successful as they would like to have people believe. (Conversation with Pak Army Chief of Staff: East Pak Situation, Aug. 11, 1971)"
  • They also portrayed 69 Indian-sponsored insurgent training camps bordering East Pakistan, with an estimated total of 30 – 50 thousand rebels in training. (Pak Military Intelligence Briefing for Congressman Frelinghuysen, Oct. 1, 1971)
  • We now have specific report (Calcutta 2605 – protect source) to effect that Mukti Bahini plans to inject as many as 40,000 armed men across border by October 15, with additional 20,000 to follow by end October. This action reportedly would be accomplished with support diversionary actions by Indian Army to keep Pak Armed Forces off balance while infiltration took place. We are not convinced that intensified guerrilla activity will achieve results compatible with India’s interests. (Risks of War in Indo-Pak Confrontation, Oct. 7, 1971)

enough or you want more...

in Indian history Books there is nothing about Indian support for Mukhti Bahini
enough or you want more...

It started from your probable Spello.

Did you understand what I said? Pakistan's troubles with Erstwhile East Pakistan spilled over India. India did what it could to support East Pakistan people. How can you absolve Mainland Pakistan.

The famous speech of ZAF sums it all if you could find out whom he refered as "Suar ke Bacche or Pille" The Indians, Pakistanis or erstwhile Pakistanis ?

now look at that....
so your orgasm of supporting insurgency in East Pakistan is justified....
India's support for Bangladeshi freedom fighters was pretty much justified. The world at large doesn't disagree.

For anybody to believe that India does not unoffocially support insurgency against Pakistan is nonsense. After 26/11 India might now think it has some moral justification to support any form of insurgency in Pakistan. The degree of support is another thing. It may be just moral support or it may be total support with arms weapon and training. Recent news says that India is withdrawing large amounts of troops from Kashmir because the insurgency has dropped. When Pakistan has nothing to do they start flaming in Kashmir. Indian goverment could be thinking if we keep Pakistan busy in her back yard then she will stop placing the evil eye on her front yard neighbour India. Pakistan was unlucky in 26/11 that Kasab was captured and it was shown he is from Pakistani nationality. Otherwise it is very difficult to prove any nations involvement in terrorism which is the difficulty what Pakistan now faces. The Shipping Minister and the GoP knows they have no proofs but they will have to sing the song about India in the hopes that India will stop whatever support it is giving to the insurgents.

Has the army any role in such operations? I thought intelligence agencies do this sort of things. :undecided:

And yes, if you want to blame it without thinking a bit, they why blame Three-Star General, why not Indian PM? :lol:

I want to sort out few things before my future post.
1) The theory that US pressure is behind GOP not providing evidence is trash, how does there is no pressure in blaming but in providing evidence. If they really wanted to hide they will pressurize for even talking. The other thing is you are underestimating your leaders and Army they would not be silent either.

2) About Sharm-el-Sheikh evidence, I think it is wrong for us to start defending it without having any statement from GOP that they provided the evidence, so far all I have heard is stories in newspaper from reliable sources.

And all this blame started with the Sharm-el-Sheikh thing. I cannot rule out if it was planned by GOP to get a mention of Baluchistan in that statement so that they can proceed with the remaining plan to start blaming it on India. It works for them no one questions GOP.

Last edited:
India's support for Bangladeshi freedom fighters was pretty much justified. The world at large doesn't disagree.

By same logic supporting Kashmiri freedom fighters is justified. So I guess we can go all day, but we can agree that it was india who first starting funding insurgents.

I want to sort out few things before my future post.
1) The theory that US pressure is behind GOP not providing evidence is trash, how does there is no pressure in blaming but in providing evidence. If they really wanted to hide they will pressurize for even talking. The other thing is you are underestimating your leaders and Army they would not be silent either.

Again this has been talked about a few times. The blaming is done in replies to journalist questions. There are no formal press conferences to address this.

It must be true! After all, how much can one criticize "The most credible of all English newspapers in Pakistan"!? Isn't this what Pakistanis read to learn the gospel?

Not sure what parts the newspaper plays here. They are merely quoting officials here. Idiot.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom