What's new

Indian poverty levels higher than Pakistan's, says UN report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indian poverty levels are higher than that of pak's?? Cool... so now it's ok for pak to reel under poverty. :cheers:

But one thing pak must realize is that Indian economy is robust and doing pretty good when world is suffering recession. But pak's economy is pathetic and even lesser than the nigerian economy where as poverty has declined approximately 30% in India.

29.8% decline in poverty in India: Planning Commission | iSikkim

But who cares...still Indian level his higher than Pak's. So sleep peacefully tonite. :)

About 70 per cent of India is poor: N.C. Saxena - Economic Times

NEW DELHI: Debunking the government's claim that the number of poor in India has come down, a top adviser has claimed that around 70 per cent of the country's 1.2 billion population is poor, and stressed the need for a multi-dimensional assessment of poverty.

"The government claim that poverty has come down is not valid... there is a need for a multi-dimensional assessment of poverty as around 70 per cent of the population is poor," National Advisory Council member N.C. Saxena told reporters in an interview.

Yes, poverty is big problem for India; however, I would have liked the post if it were not a comparison between India and Pakistan. India poverty is India's problem and not any way related to Pakistan

I wish that both Indians and Pakistanis would not use this as something to try to score points about like that IPL5. Guys do you not see the futility??

IPL5 are you happy now?? Or do you really just want to discuss poverty in Pakistan and knock Pakistan.

The fact is poverty is the symbol of southasian countries . We must give our share to eradicate poverty in our region rather than interpretting that u have four people under poverty and i have three.
I'm happy that finally huge steps are taken from GOI to eradicate poverty however it will take time .

Yes, poverty is big problem for India; however, I would have liked the post if it were not a comparison between India and Pakistan. India poverty is India's problem and not any way related to Pakistan

Agree - poverty is the sadly an issue in both of our lands and to compare the stats to each others isnt helpful. Its as if a Pakistani child starving is any different from an Indian child starving. It hurts - wherever it is.

Aryan_B why you presenting 2005 data and still dwelling in the past. Poverty in pakistan is 45.7% in 2012.

BISP report says something else.....lolz...45% below povert line in Pakistan.

Mate what is funny about poverty anywhere??

The data showed food prices rose 10.49% in April with the price of vegetables surging ahead at more than 60%.

Fuel and electricity inflation rose to 11.03% in April compared with 10.41% in the previous month.

BBC News - India inflation rate rises faster than expected

There needs to be an holistic approach to this problem.

I agree and we need to look outside the box. This evil be it in India or Pakistan needs to be eradicated

Aryan_B why you presenting 2005 data and still dwelling in the past. Poverty in pakistan is 45.7% in 2012.

The BISP is fudging the figures, to get more from the treasury - the UN figures are more accurate, because many of our rural people where the majority of the population live, are self sufficient in food production, the high support prices of crops has ensured that poverty has been pushed back.

Solace among confusion: 5% decline in poverty

Stop being petty and fussy there is lots of hunger and poverty even today and unless we do something it will be there tomorrow as well

The BISP is fudging the figures, to get more from the treasury - the UN figures are more accurate, because many of our rural people where the majority of the population live, are self sufficient in food production, the high support prices of crops has ensured that poverty has been pushed back.

Solace among confusion: 5% decline in poverty

BISP has been exposed as a corrupt organisation just google it. I think we just rely on UN reports which is the thrust of this thread

this debunks those indians who think that their india is shining and over all percentage wise they have less poverty :lol:

41.6% cant believe it:what:

To all Pakistani brothers… Both Pakistan & India have to work hard on poverty issue, fighting in this forum is not the solution . However All Chinese are Millionaires if not Billionaires………………………

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom