What's new

Indian nuclear submarine programme

I think India should get 15 nuke subs within 2025 -

> 2 x Akula SSN
> 3 x Arihant SSBN
> 3 x Arihant-II (improved) SSBN
> 6 x Indigenous SSN

We should aim for more of these...especially SSBNs to intensify our nuke triad and threaten
long-range land targets (i.e. cities) from the water

Pakistani take on Indian Nuke Subs:

Nice vid, but I would hasten to say that the admiral and the other speaker have got a myopic view of Indian Naval strategy. They are hemmed in by their age old paranoia about India arming itself with nuke subs with the sole purpose of countering Pakistan with the nuclear TRIAD.

The nuke TRIAD is needless to say, necessary for that all important second strike capability against Pakistan. But the doctrine also envisages a truly blue water navy dominating the sea routes in the greater Indian Ocean as part of Carrier Strike Groups consisting of aircraft carriers, supported by missile boats, destroyers, cruisers, and so on. Nuclear subs form an important part of these strike groups.

Secondly, the Indian Navy task forces would be able to operate as a combined force with other allied navies like the U.S for providing greater punch if ever an adverse situation arises, not only in the Indian Ocean but elsewhere too.

In other words, our doctrine is not Pakistan centric.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom