What's new

Indian man went on rampage with bus, hits 40 vehicles, 9 dead, 30 injured

EndoClock

BANNED
Reaction score
For a half hour, a bus in Pune lurched through the city's streets, hitting one vehicle after another and running into pedestrians. Nine people have died and nearly 30 injured. A total of 40 vehicles were mangled.

Santosh Mane, an employee of the state transport corporation, had a valid license and a master-key to public buses. He grabbed an empty one at the Swargate bus depot and hit the road, often driving on the wrong side of the street. Traffic marshals fired at the bus to force Mr Mane to stop. According to some reports, the 30-year-old driver was eventually stopped by a college student who managed to overpower him. (Watch: How Pune driver went on the rampage)

Eyewitnesses say they flung schoolchildren out of his way as he steered maniacally through sections packed with morning commuters from 8.15 to 8.45 am.

"I go jogging every morning. I saw a bus driver racing towards me and I managed to jump out of the way. This is my second birth. I thank God," said a man who survived Mr Rane's rampage. (Watch)

Mr Rane faces murder charges. Till as recently as yesterday, he drove a bus on official duty.

Pune man 'steals' bus, hits 40 vehicles, 9 dead and 30 injured

I was on the same road an hour later. Total traffic jams everywhere even then. So many people stopping and staring ( at what, I don't know).

Good for the kid who caught the driver!

This is not road rage nor an accident. If he had a Glock, he woud be the Norway guy.
a piece of info for u
"Road rage is an aggressive or angry behavior by a driver of an automobile or other motor vehicle. Such behavior might include rude gestures, verbal insults, deliberately driving in an unsafe or threatening manner, or making threats. Road rage can lead to altercations, assaults, and collisions which result in injuries and even deaths. It can be thought of as an extreme case of aggressive driving."
that is exactly the case happened there...
got it Einstein? :)

This is not road rage, its not a heat of the moment act, this is cold blooded murder. He got in that bus with an intent to kill or cause mayhem.

He was in a hurry to get his wife tampons. That's a real life or death situation.

What if he would have had a Tank ? Would a Tienanmen have occurred again ?

No, fewer than 9 people actually died in TNM according to Wikileaks, but if he had a tank of gasoline (get it) he could burn alive 26,000 Sikhs like in 1984.

Back
Top Bottom