What's new

Indian Listening Station In Oman Monitoring Pakistan's Naval Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omani coastline is only 400kms away, no one needs to send an army there, this is not 1970s anymore, it can be blown up by stand off weapons, 50% of omani territory already falls within Babur's range if fired from the ground, surface vessels ie submarines will provide 100% territorial coverage, which means regardless of where the alleged Indian base hides, it will be bombed . Soon enough Babur cruise missile will be integrated on our naval assets both surface and submerged. Diplomatically we can simply get Riyadh to make them shut it down, again i highly doubt the credibility of this news.

For all who doesnt know, in an event of war UK will be supporting Oman. which is their agreements and that's why they have base in Masirah from where they operate fighters. They may have similar deal with United states as US military base is in Tumrait but I am not sure about it.

Omani coastline is only 400kms away, no one needs to send an army there, this is not 1970s anymore, it can be blown up by stand off weapons. Soon enough Babur cruise missile will be integrated on our naval assets both surface and submerged. Diplomatically we can simply get Riyadh to make them shut it down, again i highly doubt the credibility of this news.

& the right hounrable gentlemen thinks Oman is going to sit idle then

It doesnt work the way you want to make it sound.

It makes no difference whatsoever. By the same token if you think you can attack Indian assets in Russia during a war with us, you are welcome to try.

If the infrastructure is located in a third country and is actively not hampering your operations, any attempt to attack it will be construed as an act of war by any self respecting nation.

And i very seriously doubt that the Arab lovers in Pakistan would ever allow it. Secondly the blowback from this would be too severe when coupled with the biggest war Pakistan would be occupied with in its Eastern front and Indian Navy south of Karachi.

At best Pakistan will ask for it to be shut down during the war. Most likely it will be complied with. But then..our purpose would still be solved. As i said, these listening stations are for peace time intel gathering, not war time. It would have served its purpose already by the time war came.

@Contrarian; there seems to be a lacuna among many here (including the label-wallas) about how sovereign rights issue work in International Relations. Which is why there has even been a lot crowing and jumping about the Port facilities in Gwadar (automatically?) transforming itself into a PLAN Naval Base!
Its not as simple as that. :)

OTOH, we got somebody trying to tell us something about 'how only one kind of antenna' is suitable for electronic eavesdropping. When the fact is that: an antenna is simply a length of conductor that is used to act as a transducer. For reasons of convenience and efficacy, antennae are found in different forms; whether long-wire, whip, yagi, dish, slotted waveguide etc. etc. But that does not change the basic character of an antenna. Even a telephone line can act as an antenna.
Its as simple as that. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not an expert on such topics but I think the GCC, specially Saudis require the bomb too badly to counter Iran. And guess where would that bomb come from? I'm not sure how will they react but Pakistan too has some leverage over them.

LMAO. U guys gonna give saudis the nuke in return for taking out a SIGINT installation which had already served it's purpose ?

What a stupendous idea.. next time you gonna ask the iranians to close chabar please offer them nukes as a complimentary offer as well :lol:

LMAO. U guys gonna give saudis the nuke in return for taking out a SIGINT installation which had already served it's purpose ?

What a stupendous idea.. next time you gonna ask the iranians to close chabar please offer them nukes as a complimentary offer as well :lol:

Go to my post and read it again. You need a little more schooling I guess.

Some self bragging Indian blog. We have no such listening facility anywhere. Our navy is well equipped to intercept signals in IOR region.

Omani coastline is only 400kms away, no one needs to send an army there, this is not 1970s anymore, it can be blown up by stand off weapons, 50% of omani territory already falls within Babur's range if fired from the ground, surface vessels ie submarines will provide 100% territorial coverage, which means regardless of where the alleged Indian base hides, it will be bombed . Soon enough Babur cruise missile will be integrated on our naval assets both surface and submerged. Diplomatically we can simply get Riyadh to make them shut it down, again i highly doubt the credibility of this news.

Oman is a member of GCC, attack on Oman means attack on GCC, Saudi wont like it.
There are ramifications and implications. In this scenario, Pakistan has to consult Saudi first, which will never let this happen.

In extreme scenario, a GCC trade embargo on Pakistan.

Tauba Tauba...

I highly doubt the credibility of the news, however if this is true, By allowing the Indian intelligence post, Omani kingdom has just given us the right to take out that place in an event of hostilities, they will be considered responsible of any collateral damage.

listening stations wont be much of a help during wartime , obviously it will be targeted by pak hence it will be evacuated , but imagine its use during Peacetime ..:smokin:

I highly doubt the credibility of the news, however if this is true, By allowing the Indian intelligence post, Omani kingdom has just given us the right to take out that place in an event of hostilities, they will be considered responsible of any collateral damage.

You over estimate the ability of both your Govt & Armed Forces.

In any case unless a hostile act takes place from an establishment what reason can a nation attribute for striking another ?

Conjectures alone ?

Their was a Indian tele coup on Pakistan during Kargil, when Indians taped Pakistani military conversation from Chinese Hotel room!

"This is Pakistan. Give me room No 83315...'' Thus began the ill-fated telephone conversation between Lt General Mohammed Aziz, Pakistan's Chief of General Staff and his boss, the Army Chief General Parvez Musharraf. The General was in a hotel room in Beijing, speaking secrets on an open trunk line and somewhere in the skies above, the listening posts were whirring.

At least two conversations of May 26 and May 29 -- when the Kargil hills were afire -- between the two Pakistani Generals were picked up and ``bull's eye'' was the phrase resounding in the headquarters of the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW). By June 1, Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee and members of the Cabinet Committee of Security (CCS) had heard the tapes.

Imagin if Indians can do above, what they can not do on Oman issue.

I saw the 3 giant towers adjacent to each other on google sat with their expanded base station with parabolic antennas.

The presence of India in Oman and chahabar has nothing to do with Pakistan. India can counter PN if there is a war which I highly doubt in present scenario.
The presence of India has to do with countering Chinese moves in IOR, As China expands into IOR, India will take initiatives to counter those moves and this is one of them.
Chahabar port offers alternate supply route in case of blockade of our oil supplies and India do not treat the Iranian port as military base rather a life line in case of war with Chinese.

India also has presence in Horn of Africa and other oil choke points in IOR , It is natural and essential for us to make our supply lines safer and reliable.

A few wagging tails indians when a sensational article like this comes out

Oman wouldn't be so dumb to host enemy elements on its territory to spy on others. You would have already been reading about a "tragic accidental blast" in the Arabian Sea involving a fishing trawler by now

Some self bragging Indian blog. We have no such listening facility anywhere. Our navy is well equipped to intercept signals in IOR region.

No one is "self bragging" neither this blogger claims anything BS.

His source is a neutral French source as has been stated in the very first line itself:

As claimed by the France-based, privately-operated, global intelligence gathering organisation, Indigo Publications, in its 'Intelligence Online' publication.

Here is the link:

ASIA / UNITED STATES / MIDDLE EAST - Ears across the Arabian Sea - Intelligence Online

Now it's totally upto you to believe it or not, but if you want that GOI issues a Press Release in this regard than I am sorry but this will NEVER happen.

As it is well known, India-Oman relations are very deep indeed.

India and listening post in Oman joke of the year. :lol:
This is how India will counter Gawadar by fake news reports, let the munna bhai loog have some fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom