What's new

Indian Fighter Competition Nears Finals...

Like I said, it is the best shot for IAF, Rafale being a rather finely evolved air supremacy fighter from Dassault.

Further, IAF will find it easier to provide for operation & logistical req of Rafale, being similar to that of Mirage. Then, it is hundred percent French meaning sound ToT & no ITAR restrictions. And, they have also offered to integrate the Indian Kaveri on it...

As for Mirage 2000-5, IAF had almost gone that way in 2001, having been impressed by its Kargil exploits but as u said, production lines had closed & Rafale in the offing, which made IAF go for the MMRCA competition, instead: A very prudent move - Just imagine, what if IAF had contracted for 126 Mirage 2000-5...

Sidenote: Guys, Rafale will be having the RBE2-AA AESA radar & an awesome SPECTRA E Survival system.

Endnote: India's love affair with delta wing continues...

i don't have the link but i read in a recent report on the EFT with the MMRCA competition that with the EFT everything was "on the table" to go to India so technology situation is really not a problem but one reason for IAF picking Rafale is the similarity with the M2K

overall the EFT is best choice in terms of technical capability

rafale is the best choice for MMRCA i wana to see rafale on IAF color

how beautiful will be rafale on china border

i can't find anything on a French AESA radar for Rafale or for the EFT if a AESA radar is not ready for the fighter we should go for Israel for avionics like EW suite and radar if the OEM cannot provide a AESA radar then IAF should go for EL/M-2052

EL-M-2052.jpg

elm2052aesa.jpg

Do you know what is the reason behind this love affair?

Thanks in advance.

Sir, IAF loves it right from MiG 21 to Mirages to Tejas & now EF & Rafale...

I do not know the specific reason for which IAF loves it but delta wing jets have many aerodynamic advantages, I am listing some of them below.

> Allows higher speeds
> Useful lift to wings
> Better maneuverability to airframe
> Greater storage volume for say fuel
> Better stall angle during high angle of attacks
> Can be robust even when thin...

i don't have the link but i read in a recent report on the EFT with the MMRCA competition that with the EFT everything was "on the table" to go to India so technology situation is really not a problem but one reason for IAF picking Rafale is the similarity with the M2K

overall the EFT is best choice in terms of technical capability

EF is also more expensive while France is bending backwards for you guys, which means a hotter deal. Also, I am yet to come across a parameter where Rafale fails...

No doubt, both AC are very capable...

F-16 block 70 ?

MMRCA F-16 was a variant of Block 60

Yes, a customised varient, that was called IN, or block 70.

In what sense you think it has beaten f-16 block 52+ is the question to be asked. If you say that it was one on one b/w these two fighters to know there capabilities than sorry it wasn't the case . It remains to be seen whether Rafale really outclassed f-16 in the competition or was it just a political decision or a safety measure?...

The Block 52+ is no comparison for the Rafale F3+ offered to India, with AESA radar, SPECTRA, FSO, METEOR, Scalp, AASM... and the the Block 70 lost mainly in A2A performance, upgrade and future potential and especially critical ToT.

i can't find anything on a French AESA radar for Rafale or for the EFT if a AESA radar is not ready for the fighter we should go for Israel for avionics like EW suite and radar if the OEM cannot provide a AESA radar then IAF should go for EL/M-2052

You should search in these threads to get the necessary infos, especially on why the Rafale is more capable than the EF and why it is more suited for IAF:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/4347-mrca-news-discussions-363.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/105832-india-selects-ef-rafale-mmrca-shortlist-136.html

Btw, the EL 2052 is not ready, or operational on any fighter and what makes it more problematic, it includes US techs and that's why the denied it for LCA, or Gripen, so don't expect it to be available for EF, or Rafale.

EF is also more expensive while France is bending backwards for you guys, which means a hotter deal. Also, I am yet to come across a parameter where Rafale fails...

No doubt, both AC are very capable...

To my understanding, both are very good, But EFT edges Rafale out in most of the parameters.
EFT's advantage
1) Superior Air Frame
2) Lesser RCS
3) Powerful EJ 2000 engines
4) Compatibility with most of NATO's weapons system
Rafale's advantages
1) Superior Radar Tech
2) SPECTRA System

I would prefer EFT, but with the existing infra structure that Inda has for its MIRAGE can be used for Rafale, so INDIA might side with the Frence.

To my understanding, both are very good, But EFT edges Rafale out in most of the parameters.
EFT's advantage
1) Superior Air Frame
2) Lesser RCS
3) Powerful EJ 2000 engines
4) Compatibility with most of NATO's weapons system
Rafale's advantages
1) Superior Radar Tech
2) SPECTRA System

I would prefer EFT, but with the existing infra structure that Inda has for its MIRAGE can be used for Rafale, so INDIA might side with the Frence.

Sure. Fingers Crossed.

Back
Top Bottom