What's new

Indian FGFA will be real challenge for American F-22 : German Defense Expert Helmut

yes...in the year 1950 when F-22 for USA would be like today's Mig-21 for us....I read in today's Asian Age, indian minister has asked ADA chief to scrap LCA project...for me LCA and MCA are just a night fancy of DRDO imposed on Indian people and policy makers....scientist invloved have spent their whole life on LCA earning them regular salary from tax payer money and now on the verge of retirement they can enjoy pension from tax payer money....BUT where is LCA? I will not accept LCA as a sucess of indigenous efforts until it uses Indian engine....waste of money...better concentrate on PakFA and Sukhoi MKI...scarp all other deals/birds...

Chest thumping patriotism aside, I find this tough to believe. Sure, we have some great engineering talent but we neither have the monetary resources nor the pedigree in avionics. How much is the LCA delayed by?

Secondly, it could be a defense scam at the highest levels. There is the technology available to build a 5th generation fighter, there are companies building it - why don't we just buy the products with complete Transfer of Technology? Why the need to re-invent the wheel?

WHAT IS INDIAN IN FGFA????

India’s work-share for the joint fighter programme, according to HAL officials, will amount to about 30% of the overall design effort. This will centre on composite components and high-end electronics like the mission computer, avionics, cockpit displays and the electronic warfare systems. Additionally, India will have to redesign the single-seat PAK-FA into the two-seater fighter that the IAF prefers. Like the Sukhoi-30MKI, IAF prefers one pilot flying and the other handling sensors, networks and weaponry.

I think FGFA will have Indian,Isreali,French Avionics,Indian Composites,Russian Engines,Less manoverable,But more stealthy...
I think Hal will get the best world class systems for FGFA and money is not a problem here....
I beleive FGFA will not has Engines nozzles like PAK FA,But it may have like F-22...making it more stealthier...

yes...in the year 1950 when F-22 for USA would be like today's Mig-21 for us....I read in today's Asian Age, indian minister has asked ADA chief to scrap LCA project...for me LCA and MCA are just a night fancy of DRDO imposed on Indian people and policy makers....scientist invloved have spent their whole life on LCA earning them regular salary from tax payer money and now on the verge of retirement they can enjoy pension from tax payer money....BUT where is LCA? I will not accept LCA as a sucess of indigenous efforts until it uses Indian engine....waste of money...better concentrate on PakFA and Sukhoi MKI...scarp all other deals/birds...
Do u know that Misnister name,IT's the Great Suresh KALMADI,The scamster in CWG and now he has been sacked off and U must be a fool to beleive him,coz the whole nation didn't beleive him...

check out the @&&holes brain:Suresh KALMADi

Nov. 10: Weeks before the IAF inducts India’s indigenous light combat aircraft, it has come to light that Congress leader Suresh Kalmadi, who quit as secretary of the Congress parliamentary party in the aftermath of allegations of financial irregularities in the recent Commonwealth Games, was ironically concerned about public funding for the ‘Made in India’ light combat aircraft ‘Tejas.’

He told defence scientists to scrap the project well before the jet had even made its maiden flight. The scientists, according to former science adviser to the defence minister V.S. Arunachalam, held on despite threats by Mr Kalmadi that he would ask the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) to probe the accounts of the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), the nodal organisation for the project. He did not stop with such threats, but moved a private member resolution in Parliament asking the Union government to scrap the project.

Mr Kalmadi’s moves to ground the project when it was in its infancy in 1980s was fuelled by his belief that it was wasteful.

Look who called Tejas black hole | Deccan Chronicle | 2010-11-10

I think FGFA will have Indian,Isreali,French Avionics,Indian Composites,Russian Engines,Less manoverable,But more stealthy...
I think Hal will get the best world class systems for FGFA and money is not a problem here....
I beleive FGFA will not has Engines nozzles like PAK FA,But it may have like F-22...making it more stealthier...
Israel and France are not members of PAK-FA programme in first place. How do you think we'd be going for their stuff? The aim is to get in as much local stuff as we can alongside Russian one which is since Russians are still very much ahead of us in aeronautics.

Israel and France are not members of PAK-FA programme in first place. How do you think we'd be going for their stuff? The aim is to get in as much local stuff as we can alongside Russian one which is since Russians are still very much ahead of us in aeronautics.

Just like what happened with Su- 30 MKI

to incorporate needed parts Israel and France don't need to be the members in PAK-FA programme we just buy what ever is needed and incorporate into FGFA. just as we did for SU30MKI there will be a separate agreement in parallel with the Russian one for the equipments needed

Last edited:
it can never be entirely indigenous .. What engine does India plan to power it with? air to air missiles? fire control radaR? perhaps in the next 30 years.?

Engine:

Kaveri-- being tested in Russia and so far not a single glitch after the tweaking GRSE gave it last year. Currently produced 80Kn wet thrust which will be tweaked to 100Kn for AMCA.Check the pics of IL-76 LL testing it in Kaveri thread.

Radar: DRDO's working on AESA radars already. The one that Tejas MK-2 is getting is also not 100% Israeli as its a hybrid with 50% Indian contribution. We already have AESA radars since beginning in land use. But the challenge till now was to miniaturize it. by 2014 DRDO claims to have AESA ready.

Missiles: Read about Astra BVR? It will be inducted next year ending and range improvements are already planned in advanced versions.

Mission computers: We already make it locally and that's what is Indian made in MKIs even now.

In the coming decade, all this will be possible.

Yes my friend i know their working on each of these systems.. :) a bit more detail please.. Kaveri is a sad story.. What aesa are they working on? I highly doubt India will ever be able to produce an engine.. the idea of an completely Indigenous fighter seems like a fairly tale after KevAri.

remember one thing dude this is going to be the second aircraft that india is going to develop and u cant have work all done in india even china depend on russia for engine so do Sweden for their jas39 grippen use a american engine and that the aircraft is been in service since 90's u cant change every thing over night it will take time for kavery first it has to be installed in Tejas and then the upgraded or may be new engine for AMCA or it can be the engine used in FGFA.............. Here is a group of scientist who are trying to build an advanced engine from the scratch and that is under the cloud of technical denial regime........... u will understand if ur country tries to develop something high tech indigenous...........

Last edited:
India’s work-share for the joint fighter programme, according to HAL officials, will amount to about 30% of the overall design effort. This will centre on composite components and high-end electronics like the mission computer, avionics, cockpit displays and the electronic warfare systems. Additionally, India will have to redesign the single-seat PAK-FA into the two-seater fighter that the IAF prefers. Like the Sukhoi-30MKI, IAF prefers one pilot flying and the other handling sensors, networks and weaponry.

dude dont feed the troolers let em bark!!! you have wasted 8 lines of your explanation , and you wont hear from him, not in this tread.. they flame get together in a joint:smokin: and plan their future troles

Back
Top Bottom