What's new

Indian FGFA will be real challenge for American F-22 : German Defense Expert Helmut

I don't know why everyone is complaining about the length of the LCA programme, and comparing it to programmes such as the EFT and
F-22, both of which were undertaken by experienced companies. F-22 had Lockheed Martin, Boeing and Pratt & Whitney, all very experienced aviation experts that have over 200 years of experience in this field, EVEN THEY had some MAJOR setbacks and the program took a quite considerable amount of time. How do you expect companies with little or no experience to produce the same or similar results?? It's completely absurd to do so as any rational person would agree.

We take EFT example for the time line of LCA which is more but with such an experianced team come up with something.

Yes...there is a strong possibility.....

India, Russia will start recieving 5th gen plane 2020-2025...

And America will start recieving 6th gen fighter plane between 2025-2030....They always think of far future....:coffee:

Ya, but it is not the old cash rich America, they need serious money for the research and they way their economy going, I seriously doubt it.

Ya, but it is not the old cash rich America, they need serious money for the research and they way their economy going, I seriously doubt it.

Mate, their economy is some 30 times the size of our economy with 1/4th the population. Trust me, they have the money.

naaah their economy is fine....i know its not improving as same rate as india and china but it is improving.
they sure have lots of debt but again every country has debt....

they spend $636 billion on their defence annually, thats roughly 50% of India's GDP.

as long as FGFA is comprehensively better than any 4 th generation aircraft and if matches f 35 its ok.....

we only dont want a expensive aircraft which can be beaten up by a 4 th generation aircraft

I hope in the FGFA the IRST found on the PAKFA is either gotten rid of, or better yet situated in a way that does not amplify the radar signature of the aircraft manifold.

the IRST(optical detection pod) is the semi globe like thing that is set near the edge of the canopy and the nose. This is not a good idea(stealth wise).

File:OLS-for-Su-aircrafts.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the radar signature can be drastically reduced by housing this thing somewhere inside the aircraft (maybe like the sensors inside the nose of the Kamov ka-50)

A globe is one of the worst possible offenders when it comes to radar visibility

Then I believe you just answered your own Indian friend... That is exactly what i was tryinng to tell him.. That you cant have a 100% indigenous airplane.. and if thatts the case then it would definately be prone to some sort of sanctions.

However, I understand that developing an engine from scratch "ON YOUR OWN" can take alot of time.. but the truth is that India always have Russia to help them who do indeed in every defence aspect.

But putting money in for 30 years without success.. dont you think its kinda hopeless and pathetic?

30 years we were under the technological denial regime.......... and the russian engines were too big for our LCA and "pathetic" is not the word.......... its "never give up attitude" is the phrase u should have been used.........

The fgfa will indeed be a tough competitor to the f-22.....

ulike the raptor which has only one x-band radar, the fgfa has 2 x bands (front and back) and two l-bands on the wings..which make it easy for it to detect stealth aircraft (or at least give it a better chance)

while its rcs wont be as low as f-22, it will be lower than anything else...

it has much better defensive measures

it also has larges internal storage bays...

there's gonna be nothing that can compare to it in south asia......and combined with the mki, the ef2000(which is frontrunner for the mrca deal)..its gonna give india a qualitative edge in the region

Back
Top Bottom