How is the plan?

• Good

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Average

Votes: 53 20.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 47 18.0%

• Total voters
I have mentioned it to you earlier, that the data for India is wrong and outdated. Comparing the data for India from year 1990, to Pakistan's latest data from year 2010. So the comparison is not valid.

Here's the educational attainment data for India from the year 2004, from another source, mind you the 2010/11 figures have gone up since. And its much better than the 3.9% figure for Pakistan.

23r507t.jpg

Source: Riboud, Savchenko and Tan (2006), based on various rounds of the National Sample Survey for India and on Barrow and Lee (2004) international data on education, for China.

Published here, http://economics.ouls.ox.ac.uk/12991/1/gprg-wps-071.pdf, on page number 4.

You can continue comparing India's old data to the latest ones from Pakistan, but you are only going to mislead your own readers

India has a big drop-out problem which data in your link does not address.

In fact. you are misleading your readers by offering this link to data which only deals with enrollment and attendance rates, not graduation rates.

IMF Estimaties for next 5 years
capturexhy.png

No point in showing him the charts..He will again comeout with some own created skewed chart and will give you a link to his blog...

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

In fact. you are misleading your readers by offering this link to data which only deals with enrollment and attendance rates, not graduation rates.

What does above Secondary mean ..?

No point in showing him the charts..He will again comeout with some own created skewed chart and will give you a link to his blog...

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

What does above Secondary mean ..?

I look at investment opportunities throughout the world for a living. Comparing world stats and digging them out when not accessible is what I get paid for.

I have a lot of copyrighted material which will probably bring this whole site down if posted due to its sheer volume.

...but I prefer to just lay back, laugh and enjoy this Haq guy's 'musings'. :lol:

I look at investment opportunities throughout the world for a living. Comparing world stats and digging them out when not accessible is what I get paid for.

I have a lot of copyrighted material which will probably bring this whole site down if posted due to its sheer volume.

...but I prefer to just lay back, laugh and enjoy this Haq guy's 'musings'. :lol:

This kind of "secret evidence" is of no value to any one, and the Wall Street types have a very bad track record anyway. They almost caused the collapse of US economy....and recovery still looks a long way off. And GS is laying off a bunch of such "smarties" as we speak.

Haq's Musings: Gaussian Copula: The Formula That Wrecked the World Economy

Good grief, do you know the definition of Education Attainment? Here, let me help you, "Educational attainment is a term commonly used by statisticians to refer to the highest degree of education an individual has completed."

2h89s1e.jpg

Page 5, Worldbank||The Knowledge Economy and Education and Training in South Asia:
A Mapping Exercise of Available Survey Data -Michelle Riboud, Yevgeniya Savchenko, and Hong Tan

And from page 4,

For India, the NSS defines the following education levels as follows: illiterate – not literate, literate through attending NFEC/AEC, TLC, others, literate but below primary; primary – primary or middle school completed; secondary – secondary or higher secondary; above secondary – graduate and above.

For Pakistan, the PIHS education categories are: illiterate – not literate, completed classes 1-4 (less than primary); primary – completed classes 5-9 (primary or middle school completed); secondary – completed classes 10-13 (secondary or higher secondary); and above secondary – BA, BS and above.

You are just clutching at straws mate, and as I said earlier misleading your readers.
=========================================================================

These are the gross enrollment rates.

2mz0dmv.jpg

352oemg.jpg

This is the figure, which includes the drops outs too, which is why its considerably higher than the educational attainment figures.

Good grief, do you know the definition of Education Attainment? Here, let me help you, "Educational attainment is a term commonly used by statisticians to refer to the highest degree of education an individual has completed."

2h89s1e.jpg

Page 5, Worldbank||The Knowledge Economy and Education and Training in South Asia:
A Mapping Exercise of Available Survey Data -Michelle Riboud, Yevgeniya Savchenko, and Hong Tan

And from page 4,

You are just clutching at straws mate, and as I said earlier misleading your readers.
=========================================================================

These are the gross enrollment rates.

2mz0dmv.jpg

352oemg.jpg

This is the figure, which includes the drops outs too, which is why its considerably higher than the educational attainment figures.

Now let's see who's misleading readers here.

Not only are you referring to old data, you are also confused about the difference between enrollment and graduation rates.

Here's the the latest data from Barro and Lee of Harvard University:

Barro-Lee-Ind-Pak.jpg

Education Level.......India........Pakistan

Primary (Total)........20.9..........21.8

Primary (Completed)....18.9..........19.3

Secondary(Total).......40.7..........34.6

Secondary(Completed)...0.9...........22.5

College(Total).........5.8...........5.5

College(Completed).....3.1...........3.9

Haq's Musings: Pakistan Ahead of India in Graduation Rates at All Levels

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Not only are you referring to old data, you are also confused about the difference between enrollment and graduation rates.

Barro-Lee-Ind-Pak.jpg

@ Riaz : This is the India Economy Thread , you have a habit of derailing every thread with your India vs Pakistan BS.

Guys , lets get back to the thread ....

Honda starts work on 1,000-cr Kolar plant

BANGALORE: In Honda, Karnataka has managed to get another big automotive giant to drop anchor in the state after Japanese car major Toyota, and Swedish bus manufacturer, Volvo. Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HSMI) a whollyowned subsidiary of Honda Motor Company, Japan, has begun work in setting up of its 3rd manufacturing facility in India, at Kolar (near Bangalore ), at an investment of Rs 1,000 crore.

The facility, which is spread across 350,000 sq metres, will become operational in the first half of 2013 with an annual production capacity of 1.2 million units. Both scooters and motorcycles will be produced at this facility . HMSI's product line-up in India includes three automatic scooters, six motorcycles in the 110cc to 250 cc segment, and three superbikes in the 1000cc segment that are imported as completely built units.

Once the new plant becomes operational HMSI's total annual production capacity will go up to 4 million units per annum, including 1.6 million units at its first plant at Manesar, Haryana, and 1.2 million units at its second plant in Tapukara (Rajasthan). Speaking at the foundation stone laying ceremony of the new plant, Keita Muramatsu , president & CEO, HSMI, said the increase in capacity by the addition of the new plant would prepare the company for further growth, cut down the waiting period of vehicles, and cater to rising demand in India's 11.32 million units two-wheeler market . At present three products -- Activa, Shine and Unicorn -- have an average waiting period of three months, which the company wants to bring down to 15 days to 30 days.

"India is too big a market. We have two facilities in the north, but we needed a facility in the south and in particular Karnataka as it is one of the big southern markets for HSMI," said Muramatsu. The southern region is the largest for HMSI, accounting for 30% its total sales. Company officials said that a number of ancillary units will come up around its new plant, which will help them have a localization level of 80%. As of 2010, HMSI had a 13% market share in the Indian two-wheeler market, which it plans to increase to 14% (21 lakh units) by the end of December 2011.

While HMSI enjoys a 40% market share in the scooter segment, it has only a 7% market share in the motorcycle segment. HMSI sold 16.56 lakh units in 2010-11 , a growth of 30% over the 12.7 lakh units of the previous fiscal. Scooter sales account for 54% of the total sales.

Honda starts work on 1,000-cr Kolar plant - The Times of India

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

PowerGrid to start supply from Mundra

NEW DELHI: State-run utility PowerGrid has switched on a Rs 5,000-crore transmission line to wheel electricity from the Mundra power project in Gujarat. The completion of the link will pave the way for the Tata Group to crank up the country's first ultra-mega power project ( UMPP).

The 770-km line links Mundra-Bachau-Ranchodpura areas and has been laid across creek areas of the Arabian Sea.

Power-Grid faced problems of water-logging due to heavy rains and right-of-way issues during construction. It is ready to wheel power from two units of the Mundra project, each with 800 MW capacity.

PowerGrid to start supply from Mundra - The Times of India

Gujarat firing on all cylinders ....

IMF Estimaties for next 5 years
capturexhy.png

There is something called scavenging. A mad scavenging for numbers from anywhere, from any period and of any kind, to try and make a picture that one wants to create. This is what some pathetic unemployed bloggers seem to be doing, in addition to pathetically and shamelessly promoting their own blog and presenting it as some kind of source.

Alas, the picture doesn't fool anyone. The scavenging nature of the blog and the blogger is all too apparent.

Barro-Lee-Ind-Pak.jpg

:lol: Firstly I don't have any readers. I don't go around looking for any figure which shows Pakistan doing better than India, and put it up o my blog.

Secondly, do you ever bother to read at least?

From the world bank report, I quoted earlier,it clearly explains what they mean by educational attainment rates. I ll quote for you once again,

For India, the NSS defines the following education levels as follows: illiterate – not literate, literate through attending NFEC/AEC, TLC, others, literate but below primary; primary – primary or middle school completed; secondary – secondary or higher secondary; above secondary – graduate and above.

For Pakistan, the PIHS education categories are: illiterate – not literate, completed classes 1-4 (less than primary); primary – completed classes 5-9 (primary or middle school completed); secondary – completed classes 10-13 (secondary or higher secondary); and above secondary – BA, BS and above.

Now once you have read that, look at this chart.

2h89s1e.jpg

==================================================================

And I clearly understand the difference between Educational Attainment Rate, and Enrollment Rate, which is why I posted the Gross Enrollment Rate graphs in post#1882, to distinguish it from educational attainment rate. Its you who need to understand the meaning and definition of "educational attainment"

There is a reason why all these reports, categorically don't use the Barro-Lee figures for countries where the national household survey figures are available, which is more accurate.

Looks like you just want to take the Barro and Lee paper as the absolute truth, and all other reports/papers are worthless for you. If thats your mindset, then any further discussion is futile.

Back
Top Bottom