What's new

Indian defence minister

how do you rate A.K Antony as a defence minister?

• Total voters
if he's blamed,
1.he'll cancel the mmrca tender
2.he'll order the arrest of all officials involved in the deal(yes,including those of dassault,Lc etc for investigation+himself)
3.he'll resign the post

Then IAF have to wait for another 10 years to get aircraft, while seeing our young pilots die in the cockpits of vintage aircrafts. I would rather see some money lost in corruption rather than see 24-25 year old pilots die.

Like I said in another thread I would rather have some minister who will eat some money but get what our armed forces needs on time rather than a person with a 'holier than thou' attitude.

Then IAF have to wait for another 10 years to get aircraft, while seeing our young pilots die in the cockpits of vintage aircrafts. I would rather see some money lost in corruption rather than see 24-25 year old pilots die.

Like I said in another thread I would rather have some minister who will eat some money but get what our armed forces needs on time rather than a person with a 'holier than thou' attitude.

dude ur point makes no sence. mmrca is a 10 billion doll deal. 1000s of things need to be put into place to make it reality. corruption would not make it faster. it will happen at its pace. chill

dude ur point makes no sence. mmrca is a 10 billion doll deal. 1000s of things need to be put into place to make it reality. corruption would not make it faster. it will happen at its pace. chill

I was answering to acetophenol who said that if any allegation is raised against him, he will cancel the MRCA tender and start all over again.I don't think IAF can wait for another 10 years for their aircrafts.

Ofcourse corruption will not make it faster but I am against canceling the deal just bcs of some corruption.

Antony poorest of all Cabinet ministers; Kamal Nath richest
The Prime Minister's office on Saturday declared assets of each of the Cabinet Ministers included in the PMO.

Among these, Minister of Urban Development, Kamal Nath was the richest with Rs 263 crore worth of personal asets. The Prime Minister, in turn, owns a property worth Rs 5 crore.

Minister of Home Affairs P Chidambaram's property was declared as Rs 11 crore.

Defence Minister AK Antony was among the poorest ministers in UPA II.

On the other hand, Kapil Sibbal and MK Azhagiri have high value assets of over Rs 30 crore each.

Antony poorest of all Cabinet ministers; Kamal Nath richest - www.daily.bhaskar.com

all considered he is definitely the best we had till date . one just has to look at the record . we have made more acquisition's in his tenure than any other defense ministers one.
also its estimated that 70% of the capital outlay of the defense budget has been utilized every year , a huge increase from his predecessors.

Well, India has a lot more money to spend now...

Yaar ............ye kya pagalpanti hai ?

Saint Antony ne doorbin ka dhakkan to khola hota.......

Yahaan to Antony ka Popat ban gaya...........aise dekhoge to doorbins se din main raat ka andhera deekhegaa.....!!!

:no:

Thats HMD/ and probably night vision, not a binocular.
Seen such comments a lot of time...

Back
Top Bottom