What's new

Indian defence minister

how do you rate A.K Antony as a defence minister?

• Total voters

acetophenol

Reaction score
Country
India
who will be the future defence minister?
how will you compare the future defence minister with a.k antony?

INDUCTION%2BOF%2BMi-17%2BV5%2BHELICOPTER%2B%25284%2529.JPG

He's is one of the most honest Defence Ministers we've ever had.

People often blame him for the slow speed of the arms purchases but what they forget is that honesty has a cost which is paid in the currency of time.

i will also agree that he's honest.

How do you come with such weird ideas?.....Though good one...:cheers:

:sniper:

Reiterating what i said on another post, he is perhaps the ONLY politician who hasn't made a single dime in bribes or scam deals. His total assets amount to a very meagre 22 lakh Indian rupees. His only problem is, he likes to resign every now and then :lol:.

How do you come with such weird ideas?.....Though good one...:cheers:

:sniper:

;););)thanks bro!

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

Reiterating what i said on another post, he is perhaps the ONLY politician who hasn't made a single dime in bribes or scam deals. His total assets amount to a very meagre 22 lakh Indian rupees. His only problem is, he likes to resign every now and then :lol:.

aarengilum enthengilum paranjal appo chaadi kayari raaji vechukalayum!

He is very lucky to be heading MoD during peacetime..noteven artillery duel at the Indo-Pak Border.

I am even willing to bet that one day this guy just might become the prime minister of India.

When that happens, i hope he can complete his term without threatening to resign over some trivial allegation against his ministers.......like say a tractor deal....:sick:

Jaswant singh would be the best option for future defense minister. JS track record far more better than AK Anthony and JS is very bold to say his own opinion in addition he served as officer in Indian Army.

I agree age really matters but still he is the best option.

Yeah i must say he is honest but most importantly he is the only minister who is worried about his image every second of the day. I mean UPA has brought bad name to even MMS. The only problem is it has effected the decision making process. We can't compare the ministry to what was it a decade ago but still a lot of work is needed.

who will be the future defence minister?
I doubt you can answer it because you don't even know who will win. But according to me the ideal candidate will be someone who has worked in the armed forces for considerable amount of time and have at-least fought a war. Every where in the world, only the person who has served in the armed forces is given the job of defence minister not a lawyer who has no knowledge about what is happening on the front.

how will you compare the future defence minister with a.k antony?
Future ????/ If you want to compare with previous ones then he is one of the best .

For the flaws in that suggestion, look to our immediate western neighbour.

I can agree to that. Just bcs one isn't a soldier doesn't mean that he has no idea of how defense of a country works. Also if one is arguing that an ex soldier should lead MoD, one can also argue that an ex policeman should lead MoH, an expilot should lead MoAviation, an ex farmer should lead MoAgriculture, an ex accountant should lead Mo Finance etc .

Back
Top Bottom