What's new

Indian Court says premarital sex to be considered legal marriage

Common law under certain circumstances. Read the article again..there is a specific reason that this judgement has been given.

And under said circumstance IMO the judgement is NOT completely flawed.

The precedence only applies when the same circumstance prevails.

Having read this news in the morning paper, i was myself thinking of posting it in PDF for $h!t and Giggles.

The paper did not mention any exception or conditionality in the said judgement. If what is written in paper is true, then the judge has seriously victimized the male of homo-sapian family.

So what happens, if you have 5 affairs at the same time and are not legally married? If you replace girl friends you need a divorce? If you are married and have an affair with someone else, then you are married twice which again will be illegal. What a dumass judge. Needs an enema shot in the you know where region to remove the stuff from him.

In that case he will need a divorce from all these women to keep one. :D and in the process will pay .

Men are nailed

It is the law of universal partnership which is being applied here. The judge purely pointed out that staying with a woman (or man), begetting children, and living as man and wife will qualify a couple as being married and that the issues of mungal sutra and other ceremonial marriage issues are religious and will have no impact on the legal interpretation of a married couple. Offcourse if the man is already married for example then no sane judge will proclaim his relationship with another woman to be a marriage in law. Maintenance is payable to illegitimate children by a father. The issue of concern here would be other entitlements such as pension and division of estate when one of the parties die. If a man lived with a woman, had children with her and then pushed off to marry another woman by religious and civil rites with whom he has further children without the consent of the first woman, and he dies thereafter, the second "wife" may find herself and her children left without the benefit of the man's pension and property. Therefore guys, when in India beware where you test your dipsticks ;)

Which I pointed out as much though in less detail..and even clarified that the circumstance would need to be repeated for it to apply under common law.

But obviously we have lawyers and paralegals midst us here who seem to know more about the law than anyone else. :D

In that case he will need a divorce from all these women to keep one. :D and in the process will pay .

Men are nailed

Not very good with legal matters are we?

Having read this news in the morning paper, i was myself thinking of posting it in PDF for $h!t and Giggles.

The paper did not mention any exception or conditionality in the said judgement. If what is written in paper is true, then the judge has seriously victimized the male of homo-sapian family.

The guy in question was all but married but in name..read planetwarrior's post.

Actually a similar law exists in 9 States of United States called COMMON LAW STATES where a similar concept exists. It is called COMMON LAW MARRIAGE which states that if a man and woman cohabitate and present themselves to the public as Husband and Wife then they will be treated in the eyes of law as husband and wife. Common Law couples are required to get a divorce before they can remarry, even though they did not get a marriage license. In other words, even though they got married just by their actions, there is no such thing as a COMMON LAW DIVORCE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common-law_marriage_in_the_United_States

Actually a similar law exists in 9 States of United States called COMMON LAW STATES where a similar concept exists. It is called COMMON LAW Marriage which states that if a man and woman cohabitate and present themselves as Husband and Wife then they will be treated as husband and wife. Common Law couples are required to get a divorce before they can remarry, even though they did not get a marriage license. In other words, even though they got married just by their actions, there is no such thing as a COMMON LAW DIVORCE.

Sir ji, how is your school/college in Pakistan coming up?

Yaar, it will take another year before I return to Pakistan. Hopefully by next Summer, I should be going gangbusters with the project..:D

@anonymus @Pakistanisage : what if the kid was born without my consent.. and I leave the girl.

IF you don't know how to use a condom then you should not be having sex. :astagh:

IF despite all else by a freak accident you still conceive..then you are the unluckiest man alive! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yaar, it will take another year before I return to Pakistan. Hopefully by next Summer, I should be going gangbusters with the project..:D

Will you be funding the whole thing on your own?

Either way a HIGHLY commendable and praiseworthy deed in pursuing the goal of benefiting one's mother land. Respect. :agree:

this is unfair.. bringing a child should require consent of both, if one wants go go ahead alone..she should bear the consequence..

Life is unfair.:cry:

If you had sex with a girl, you better keep a proof like love letter or romantic message to prove that it was consensual or yoy would be charged with rape based on words of girl only.

NOooooooooooooo ....aisa hai tho mera 3 shaadi ho chuki hai :frown:

Back
Top Bottom