What's new

Indian colleges ban jeans to 'protect' girls

No it isnt right for colleges to have them. Colleges have no right to tell people how to dress.

its called grooming up - if the code is in professional col's (engg and medics)

say you are seriously ill .....and you go to a hospital associated with a medical col.... now would you even trust your health with a girl who comes with a mini's and jeans an claims to be a doc coz she has a steathascope in her hands ? ........

as for banning jean to prevent eve teasing - i am against it.....

True story.

A while ago, I and my friend traveled to a different town to play a soccer game. Halfway through the game he got kicked in the shins and broke his leg. Now this big huge dude started yowling and crying. We are all scared when he is taken to the hospital on a stretcher.

When he came back we asked him how he was feeling -- and the first words he said was "big green eyes". Apparently the nurses were all really pretty and he claims he did not feel any pain after he saw them.

So I wouldn't worry too much about doctors being too pretty. Works pretty well as an analgesic at least. And incidentally, the medical care he received was first class.

What happens after marriage is between wife and man. They can decide amongst themselves what proper dress code is. That issue is completely tangential to the issue.

I have heard a comment from a religious fellow who calls "women without pardha/burqha is like a piece of Flesh in Public-where Flies and Mosquitoes to Every Other scavangers contesting to eat it in dirty".

^So ,you now know what is the respect!:angry:

I feel such kind of justification still exists among certain communities.

I have a two young elementary daughters, and I was very surprised to hear that a public school in my county is starting a dress code for all the students. I as a father love it, because what this kids do is they mimic there superstar on tv and wear and act accordingly in the schools, instead of studing. Definitenly gets ride of the peer preasure.

i agree..... the concept of uniforms at school evolved in india to remove the rich -poor differences among school going children.

if it werent for uniforms in school , say a child from a poor family would start developing a inferiority complex when compared to a rich kid who would wear a costly dress to school...now this would be detrimental to the poor kid right from a tender age......leads to a lot of psycological problems .....

True story.

A while ago, I and my friend traveled to a different town to play a soccer game. Halfway through the game he got kicked in the shins and broke his leg. Now this big huge dude started yowling and crying. We are all scared when he is taken to the hospital on a stretcher.

When he came back we asked him how he was feeling -- and the first words he said was "big green eyes". Apparently the nurses were all really pretty and he claims he did not feel any pain after he saw them.

So I wouldn't worry too much about doctors being too pretty. Works pretty well as an analgesic at least. And incidentally, the medical care he received was first class.

thats probably becoz he didnt want to act like a cry baby infront of girls...... he was pretending to be a man enough (obviously he cant tell you this as you would start making fun of him) comm'n i would not cry infront of a gal no matter wat !!!!!!!:whistle:

i agree the dress does not influence the treatment but all patients are not like your friend;) (just for fun)...... my chiefs have always told me - establishing a patient's trust is most important for a sucessful outcome:enjoy:

Last edited:
I have a two young elementary daughters, and I was very surprised to hear that a public school in my county is starting a dress code for all the students. I as a father love it, because what this kids do is they mimic there superstar on tv and wear and act accordingly in the schools, instead of studing. Definitenly gets ride of the peer preasure.

Very rightly said, its same everywhere. They follow the the so called media stars. The Govts. in both the countries must control their electronic medias as this going out of hands.

For the time being the dressing on Pakistani media is well under limits but suprised to see the girls wearimg mini skirts on India channels.

For the time being the dressing on Pakistani media is well under limits but suprised to see the girls wearimg mini skirts on India channels.

They wear mini skirts and tight dresses in Big Cities of India.Infact ,they are not targetted by radical forces(like rama sene,shiva sena etc) in reality.If some one gets aroused seeing the attire ,he has to control.after all ,that is what differentiates between human and animal.

Whats wrong with Jeans?? I think its the top which matters!! Every Iranian girl wear jeans and they dress very modest. I commend BD girls as they always pick socially acceptable clothings even though there is no bar or any dress code whatsoever(thy usually dont cover their head though which is ok)

They wear mini skirts and tight dresses in Big Cities of India.Infact ,they are not targetted by radical forces(like rama sene,shiva sena etc) in reality.If some one gets aroused seeing the attire ,he has to control.after all ,that is what differentiates between human and animal.

As the girls can roam around in cities wearing those dresses then it is socially acceptable which is cool and the colleges should allow it as well. Every culture defines its own dress code. If the culture does not allow then you should not wear it.

jeans no jeans???
well they should be worried about drop out rate and ever decreasing attendance... these judgments should make the coffee shop owner happy.....
finally don't piss these teens

Last edited:

d006de37426f09635468efd3c4e3d382.jpg

Tuesday June 23, 2009, Lucknow

Following a hue and cry by social organisations and parents, Uttar Pradesh government on Tuesday said it had not imposed any ban on wearing of jeans by girls in colleges and those who have issued such orders would be dealt with strictly.

"The state government has not imposed any ban on wearing of jeans by girls. No dress code has been issued by the government in this regard," Secretary Higher Education Kamran Rizvi told reporters in Lucknow.

He said it had come to the notice of the government that office bearers of some non-government-aided colleges had held a meeting and issued orders banning wearing of jeans by girls.

"We have issued orders to all the district magistrates and colleges to ensure strict action against those trying to impose a dress code," Rizvi said, adding that strict legal action would be taken against those issuing such orders.

UP govt asks colleges to revoke jeans ban

The Law protects all!!!!!!
2377c1c93266427552d6e25122353700.gif

for people comparing India with some backward civilizations and questioning the authenticity of Indian Democracy, this is the befitting reply...:partay:

Back
Top Bottom