What's new

Indian chopper forced to land in Olding, Pakistan, after violating airspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the matter is closed and this post must also be locked .... 34 pages of comments are more than enough :)

Agreed with you

BTW,there are very few threads in this forum,which ends on a good note between the Indians and the Pakistanis,I guess this is one of those rare kinds.....

guys i dont know the authanticity of this news yet and have to go through the whole thread too but plz guys dont start a war on somthing not confirmed. any as this is a cheeta heli as many say than it is bound to be some kind of emergency cus with that kind of load on board i dont think a recon or spec op was going on if weather made it turn towards Pak lands then it was bound to be intercepted and bought down i hope the hospatility op pakistany army is intact and they send these men home merry with their machine believe me we dont need that kind of tech we r already operating much more complex machines.

then jus do it and see the repeat of 1971.

Over a helicopter that was inside the Pakistani airspace? Highly unlikely.
Pakistan should dismantle the thing and have India come and pick up their men and the wreckage.

The following comments are from an Army officer who has served in that area and given a brief about what would have happened.

From Kargil to Sakardu straight crow flight is about 20 to 30 miles. A helicopter flying from Kargil entering Pakistani space at about 7 miles will come in Olding “that’s where it was intercepted”.
River Shingu flows from Kargil and meets the Indus after words and is used as a marker for flying and travelling on ground. Kharmung comes much later where the helicopter was forced landed.

He has told me that there was a similar incident where another Indian helicopter “actually” made the landing on the Olding helipad and when the crew started to come out they realised their mistake and got back in fast and tried to make a run for it but were overpowered by the Pakistanis and a short struggle ensured until the area crew was subdued during which the helicopter which almost left the ground titled to one side and its one rotor blade hit the ground but there was no serious damage. The Indian crew was also handed back after the flagstaff meeting.

It is the mosquito looking heli.We call it Lama they call it Cheetah and it carries upto 4 people.

Therefore I suggest India implement disaster stress management for all those effected by the Mumbai Attacks and still suffering from the effects.
The most common symptoms of stress include irritability, anger, fatigue, loss of appetite, sleeplessness, nightmares, sadness, depression, headaches, nausea, hyperactivity, lack of concentration, and increased alcohol and drug abuse.

We have taken care of the above

Pakistan must act on these elements, otherwise its non-existent credibility will remain that way.

Pakistan has to take care of the above

the GoP sure does not know them

now they do but no action yet!

As an Indian this is how it is. As a Pakistani it will be different for you but unless there is a convergence of views this mistrust will continue.

we can discuss this endlessly lets get back to the thread.

Excellent.

wow! these indians sure are getting bold. they are all big and bad now that they work for the westerners again. they thought they could get away with violating pakistan airspace, but were met by the pakistan airforce and forced to take their helicopter down and taken POW. pakistan message here is clear: "we are ready for you and will not hesitate". pakistan means business and i dont think this is any kind of business deal india really want with pakistan.

i hope pakistan do not just hand these prisoners back easily. make india apologize if these lives mean anything at all to them.. pakistan has the upper-hand in this situation- where india is the intruder/invader and pakistan is the defender so has the right to do as they wish to the enemy prisoner. teach india a lesson.

I think thread should be close now. The matter is already solved by both parties.. Crew with helicopter safely back to India...

wow! these indians sure are getting bold. they are all big and bad now that they work for the westerners again. they thought they could get away with violating pakistan airspace, but were met by the pakistan airforce and forced to take their helicopter down and taken POW. pakistan message here is clear: "we are ready for you and will not hesitate". pakistan means business and i dont think this is any kind of business deal india really want with pakistan.

i hope pakistan do not just hand these prisoners back easily. make india apologize if these lives mean anything at all to them.. pakistan has the upper-hand in this situation- where india is the intruder/invader and pakistan is the defender so has the right to do as they wish to the enemy prisoner. teach india a lesson.

Another Chinese..another stupid post!!! Why don't you question yourself on the grandiose and pompus statement that any attack on Pak is an attack on China? There is not even a whimper from your side on drone attacks on Pak. This has got nothing to do with China..stay away

As for this episode, Kudos to PAF for going about this so professionally. For most people in Ind and Pak, this is an excellent example of sane heads existing between the two countries.

Another Chinese..another stupid post!!! Why don't you question yourself on the grandiose and pompus statement that any attack on Pak is an attack on China? There is not even a whimper from your side on drone attacks on Pak. This has got nothing to do with China..stay away

As for this episode, Kudos to PAF for going about this so professionally. For most people in Ind and Pak, this is an excellent example of sane heads existing between the two countries.

When it comes to the AF.. there are saner heads.. the Navy also held that distinction .. till a few years ago.

Think once before posting. Don't ruin the thread. yeah do you forget how many times you intruded into our land. you people having superiority complex alot. how many times you people violated air.. Don't start flame. Pakistan and seeking good relation, your kind of people always think about personal ego satisfaction.

When it comes to the AF.. there are saner heads.. the Navy also held that distinction .. till a few years ago.

PAF is very professional unit. The navy episode was just one ship and considering they were just one unit outside their own permieter.. it may pardonable. What I particularly liked about this episode was the maturity of the media which may have been strongly advised by the two countries. In the end its this maturity that is needed for our region(China included). There may well be some reports that may come out later but what matters is how it was handled. There should be no doubt that PAK did its part very well and hope India remembers this and carries it forward.

point is made,

the Indians have acknowledged their mistake and the crew has flown back after the DGMOs had a meeting. after debriefing the crew flew back safely to India and must now be under investigation how it happened if it was not planned already. Professional armies don’t act like mobsters and terrorists, the Indians were on official duty and under the service of their country, the Pakistanis didn’t find anything sinister and sent them back after establishing the “link” with their Indian counter parts.
Notice the word link, my dear Indian friends, we keep links with everyone because that’s the way to resolve things peacefully. When some of you will decide to take shot at us when some thread will contain the magic words Haqqanis then thick what I said here. Links are meant to resolve issues peacefully. Flagstaff meetings and even a dialog in a neutral country is not possible unless there is some mechanism available to have indirect links established with the opposing party. (ok enough of Haqqanis but remember what I said)

some people appeared shocked earlier when I suggested if it was a dry run for something more sinister (like a dry run for copycat American Abbotabad operation).. lets face it we are not best of friends and have deployed over a million soldiers along our borders. one can always fly an unarmed feeble helicopter for recon and try to get away with it and would have a readymade story in case it is caught whereas its harder to explain if the aircraft is a fighter jet or a gunship.

In any case, Indians know better now and if it really was a “suss” out mission to check out air defences and response they know better. Imagine the type of comments we would have had on this thread, had that helicopter flown up to Sakardu and managed to fly back into India, then instead of all the thanks we are getting we would have been getting all the mocking remarks that we couldn’t detect the stealth Americans and now couldn’t even detect an ordinary Indian helicopter.

As for now, it’s the best possible outcome and can have a domino effect on easing the tensions along the borders from Kashmir to down south Sindh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom