What's new

Indian Cartoonist Aseem Trivedi to be tried For Treason,sedition

This guy knew the laws before he broke them,or atleast should have. You cannot turn around after the event and claim ignorance, that is on you. He broke the law, he should be punished just like if he took bribes or broke the speed limit. He is speaking out against other law-breakers whose crime is corruption but what is the difference between him and them? They both show the same disregard and contempt for the laws of the land. You cannot be selective in the laws you chose to follow.

He hasn't broken any laws and this will not stand in court. However this will be used to harass the guy because he dared to criticise the government. The system is being used to deter others from speaking their mind and is being used to enforce censorship.

The Politian are raping these symbol daily in front of public,
politian seeing **** in parliament thats really uplifting this symbol wow
corruption upto the neck,people are deprived of basic necessity like water,security,food,electricity school,restroom and unequality ,rich is getting more rich day by day these is F**king our constitution this poor guy is just expressing his frustration.:hitwall:
That really happened? :what:

That really happened? :what:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2098319/Indian-politicians-caught-watching-****-mobile-phone-state-parliament-debate.html

article-2098319-11A131F1000005DC-552_468x286.jpg

Keep your religious bulls**t out of this thread.

The question asked is a legitimate one. Thousands of books written against Islam got their reply in written form. But what one can do to the obscene mentality of Rushdi, tasleema Tasreen and those who burn Quran. TPerhaps you'd care to mind your language. I know India is a fertile land for Atheism just because an educated mind just can not withstand Hinduism. But you better be careful about other :)

Freedom of Speech is one thing, degrading the national symbols is another. These kind of people should be given life sentence so that they rot in jail forever.

Disagree, I looked at his cartoons, there is nothing bad he has made. Its not insulting the national symbol but actually it is a frustration of common man, this does not make any sense to me. We should have freedom of speech in India and this is nowhere close to act of treason.

It is tragedy of this country that if the politicians do all these scams they do not become traitors, even if they have sold their motherland for money, but a common man who protest against them becomes a traitor.

Learn to take criticism it improves you...

Mr Aseem Trivedi, We respect and share your anger and frustration but then there is a line which you need to draw for freedom of expression. Maqbool Fida Hussain crossed the religious line and you crossed nationalistic. Though I feel bad for you but you have to pay the price for misdeeds which you did.

And you think that coitus depictions on temples of Mathura didn't cross any such line.

You guys are bigots of the biggest order.

Ok, I accept I am bigot.. May be you simple and straight heart person enjoy Danish Cartoon as lovingly as these cartoons.

So the powers-that-be dont want the people to know of the rot that they have allowed to develop within the system and would fake an indignation if it exposes them. :disagree:

And you think that coitus depictions on temples of Mathura didn't cross any such line.

You guys are bigots of the biggest order.

It is best approach to not comment when you do not understand the subject. The temples in Khajarahoo does not represent religious symbols. There is a temple for Rajnikant also, that does not mean he is god or part of religion. Unlike muslims, we have no problem is someone calls a place temple which does not have religious god.

And a pathan comes to the party without knowing the difference between an apsaras and a Goddess :disagree:

Indian politicians caught watching **** on mobile phone during state parliament debate | Mail Online

article-2098319-11A131F1000005DC-552_468x286.jpg
Did they get any punishment or backlash from the citizens or the government?

Ok, I accept I am bigot.. May be you simple and straight heart person enjoy Danish Cartoon as lovingly as these cartoons.

You have a valid point here. I am sorry for what I said.

Mr Hussain (Late) should have respected the religious feelings of peoples of his own country.

And a pathan comes to the party without knowing the difference between an apsaras and a Goddess :disagree:

I apologize for what I said.

It is best approach to not comment when you do not understand the subject. The temples in Khajarahoo does not represent religious symbols. There is a temple for Rajnikant also, that does not mean he is god or part of religion. Unlike muslims, we have no problem is someone calls a place temple which does not have religious god.

I agree. I have apologized and have deleted my post.

I wrote:
And then we Muslims are questioned why we are angry when lets say our Prophet's cartoons are made - when honestly there is no picture of him

When others provoke us with Burning the Quran and stuff like that...

As I have said in previous threads for us Muslims Islam is a way of life...We dedicate our life to it! We connect to it at every level from what to eat until how to behave!

We Muslims are linked by our shahadah, our prophet and by our Quran...and if you abuse any of these OBVIOUSLY we will feel pain and anger!

Hence, we are emotionally attached to it JUST like you feel about the guy who drew those cartoons about a national symbol!

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/member...i-tried-treason-sedition-2.html#ixzz25vHqG6Do
I gave u a logical explanation. if u posted genuinely then this is the answer if u are here to troll, then tell me how u felt about danish cartoons?? i understood the pain of muslims then i never posted about freedom of speech and i understand the point behind that. I feel the same now so when i didn't poke my nose then, then don't poke ur nose now.

All I asked is why were we questioned for our anger towards the different stuff which I have mentioned such as the burning of the Quran day and yes also include the Danish cartoons. I am not sure many understood me: I gave that example for the following reason:

Those who felt the pain due to their emotional attachment with their land/ symbol and found what the artist did was not very nice....THAT is how we Muslims felt about the Danish cartoons...

That is what i said...I tried to relate and all I got was bombardment about people saying it is not about religion and some foul words following...

I never insulted it...Just showed or should I said tried to relate...The only incidence i could relate to where I felt seriously angered about freedom of expression to a similar degree to those who did with this cartoonist was on that Danish cartoonist occasion!

Parliament is only a building dude its not a place of worship.Ashoka Chakra would have not been respected so much by the people whom Ashoka ruled as much as we are respecting it.

We should stop getting emotional for materialistic things..They were made or designed by a human being and not a God...same goes for Mahatma Gandhi who was a great leader but not GOD.

We have to get somethings right here...The worst thing in India is everything is given the status of a God from a road side Babaji to a building.

Who knows 50 years from now there might be a great revolution by a man and he becomes the Father of nation and his watch becomes the national symbol?..Who knows??..and people in 2150 will be like..Gandhi who?

I am not concerned about the depiction of parliament, it was apt but i feel sad about bharat mata's depiction and the three lions one. I accept that India suffers from Hero worship syndrome and should be gone but there is line one shouldn't cross, this is what i feel.

Aseem chaturvedi foreigner...?The truth is that people dont want to look into his pics they are just like gandhi ji ke teen nalaik bandar.People can tolerate the beizzati of national symbols by there chosen representatives and govt. servants but wont even speak a word against them coz these people wield the power of lathi to make any dissent against them go quite. but same people will feel outrage when a cartoonist depicts truth though his cartoons.

Is it a comprehension problem, i didn't say he was a foreigner i asked what if a foreigner had done these cartoons the reaction would be??

Insulting the national flag is a crime, but he has not done that. Making caricatures of national symbols is neither treason nor sedition. Even insulting the national flag is not treason.

This is a minor issue, treason should be the loot that is going on, but as per current lawys its not, and you failing to see the irony in the same looters accusing a disgusted artist of treason is actually tragic.

I'm proud of my nation and its symbols, I also never drink and drive, pay my taxes, do not litter the streets, always stand in queues. And I'm disgusted at the way a huuuge gang of thugs is taking the nation for a ride.

To me the nation, let alone the symbols are faaaar less important than what the nation really delivers its people. This may sound bitter to you but to me the nation state called India is less important than a single honest Indian. India is but a means to an end, not an end in itself.

Touchy blind angry nationalism is for failed states.

Every body has their own interpretation and should be respected as we are living in a democracy, i feel the same anguish about my country's state due to few people playing kabaddi with future of country.

I am a middle class person with medium income not some rich guy, work hard for my living and suffer as any other common Indian things u stated.

Where did u find touchy blind nationalism in my post? have i said this is treason? this is disrespecting our national symbol particularly bharat mata.

Your statement is perfectly understandable about means to an end.

Still there is a line one shouldn't cross.

Disagree, I looked at his cartoons, there is nothing bad he has made. Its not insulting the national symbol but actually it is a frustration of common man, this does not make any sense to me. We should have freedom of speech in India and this is nowhere close to act of treason.

It is tragedy of this country that if the politicians do all these scams they do not become traitors, even if they have sold their motherland for money, but a common man who protest against them becomes a traitor.

Learn to take criticism it improves you...

I myself criticize the government and hate the congress for its pseudo secular nature and have come to understand that BJP isn't an angel.

I respect freedom of speech and believe in democratic values, i agree this is not treason but the depiction of bharat mata is what pains that picture is something i will never bear with.

Criticism should be constructive not derogatory, i can't wear national flag on my undies for free thinking.

Back
Top Bottom