What's new

India won't pay any fees for transshipment thru’ roads

1) Some NRIs are indeed. We're on the same page.
2) So lets wait for the next election. Let the truth be heard from the masses rather than arm-chair patriots sitting abroad
3) Sure, if you say so.

Who is NRI? :O

They are NRBs

NRI -> Non Resident Indians
NRB -> Non Resident Bangladeshi

Where is Bharat ka dost Iajdani now? He has always defend this transit and called me name when I, MBI, Idune, M_saint and other raised voice against this project. I want him to come and clarify his stance now and convince us how Bangladesh is benefiting from Bharati transit. I want an answer from any so called Bengali nationalists.

1. selling food for the truckers
2. Repairing the vehicles are a few to name

These are all your people faults. can't blame India for that! :coffee:

u are right ......we should have protected our borders.
if begalis are against their govt cant we be 1 once again . united pak:blink:
thats a stupid thought . but every thing is possible!!!

Not like that. We are not spinless. There are some problems:

-AL govt is an stooge of India but not others.
-We trust easily.
-Lack of foresee.
-Lack of future plan.
-Lack of counter stretegy.

With all these shortcomings whats the use of having a spine :D

Kidding bro

Not like that. We are not spinless. There are some problems:

-AL govt is an stooge of India but not others.
-We trust easily.
-Lack of foresee.
-Lack of future plan.
-Lack of counter stretegy.

You are talking like BNP made Bangladesh developed country before 2008 ? :lol:

And in ALs 2 year rule BD again become poor country ?? Is this a case ?? :woot:

FE Report

Shipping minister Shahjahan Khan said India will not pay any charges for using port and roads to transship its over dimensional consignment (ODC) right now.

He said India will however pay the charges as required under the river protocol.The minister said this today Tuesday during the signing ceremony of memorandum of understanding (MoU) to allow India to transship ODCs for its power project in Tripura through Bangladesh river and road routes.

The MoU signed between Roads and Highways Department (RHD) and Tripura Power Company (OTPC) at the Shipping Ministry's conference room will allow India to start construction of the Ashuganj-Akhaura road and renovation of Ashuganj port to facilitate the transshipment.RHD chief engineer Md Azizur Rahman and OTPC senior advisor RK Madan signed the MoU on behalf of their respective sides.

Shipping secretary Md Abdul Mannan Howlader and Communications secretary Mozzammel Haque Khan also spoke on the occasion.

Indian Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONDC) will transship a total of 92 ODCs including eight overweight consignments through Ashuganj-Akhaura road via Ashuganj port from 2012.

To do so, some renovation work of the port and construction and widening of the road at a cost of Tk 250 million under the Indian state credit will be needed.
The shipping minister said with the signing of MoU, both India and Bangladesh will be benefited as India will construct the 49 kilometre road widening it to 18 feet.

"This will make the roads fit to carry heavy consignment not only for them but also others who will use it in the future," said the minister.

He, however, told the journalists that the finance ministry and national board of revenue will decide on fixing any charges to India for transshipment in future.

The shipping minister said India has been paying Bangladesh service charge since long under the 1972 protocol.

The shipping secretary said the construction of the Ashuganj-Akhaura road will begin next month with a target to complete it by 2012.

He said India will carry entire work of the construction under the supervision of Bangladesh's RHD involving both India and Bangladesh contractors.

"The country will also fix up damage while carrying out the ODCs," he said adding that friendly relations between the two countries would be increased with the signing of MoU and future cooperation among each other.

This doesnt like a win-win commercial arrangement. But I guess for the BD posters its not good enough.I can only say that eventually they will come around.

ahooooooooooo!!!!!!:rofl:
u are very intelligent ......i would like to be ur frnd .

Dude i don't doubt Bengali's intelligence, plus it is their location between China and India which makes them important for both China and India, believe it or not if they start making their country secular and moderate and start working with rising economies it will benefit them.

You may have a laugh at Bengali future, but things continue like this for another 50 yrs Bengladesh would be way advance then Pakistan in near future.

u are right ......we should have protected our borders.
if begalis are against their govt cant we be 1 once again . united pak:blink:
thats a stupid thought . but every thing is possible!!!

In that case, India-pak-Bangladesh may also become once again, also not to forget some parts of Afghanistan too.

Once someone gets into power, they would never loose the hold of it, ignoring Race,Ethnicity or religion.

In that case, India-pak-Bangladesh may also become once again, also not to forget some parts of Afghanistan too.

Once someone gets into power, they would never loose the hold of it, ignoring Race,Ethnicity or religion.

Really scary thought

No, we have fenced the borders, they are here to stay for long long time.

This doesnt like a win-win commercial arrangement. But I guess for the BD posters its not good enough.I can only say that eventually they will come around.

surely this is not a win-win commercial arrangement. thats why Bangladeshis are criticising it

Before and after any deal between countries, respective govts should sell that deal two their own people. So in this case, the BD govt should tell it's own people why it was a good deal? Similarly GOI should tell people of India, why it is good for India.

Why does not BD public apply pressure on their own govt.

Regarding trade, both side benefit from it. We definitely welcome bangladeshi company investing in India. Whether you want Indian company in BD or not is to be decided by BD people/Govt.

There is never a total win- win situation for a small country dealing with a bigger one. It is always 60-40.
Same thing has happened between U.S. and pakistan for years and similar between Russia and India.

Back
Top Bottom