What's new

India will suffer for what it did in Kashmir: Arundhati

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Forces (including police forces) need an audit and monitoring agencies. Why limit the discussion till Kashmir every ordinary Indian feel harrassed by their mode of working.

Kashmiries were fooled by Pakistan as on their support they resorted to violence and in process a lot of death happened.

Now the militancy has become a money spinning business for ruling class and bureaucracy of Kashmir. A lot of money is going to Kahmir is being gulped by various agents e.g. terrorist agencies, bureaucrats and ofcourse politicians and lot of money is spent on their police and para military forces.

If the valley was normal then development could be faster and the cash spent would have been much lower but it is not in interest of many internal actors and one external actor that is Pakistan's army

offtopic-
sometimes i think arundhati is right.
indian government is buying weapons to use them on it's own people.
see indian government didn't had balls to attack pak in 2008 and 2002 but when it comes to suppress some civil movements they use there full force.they even beat old and kids.
on topic-
kashmir is integral part of india and will remain till eternity no matter what arundhati says:P

Aundhati Roy is a Lunatic - No one Listens to here in "INDIA".

"Roy’s novel became the biggest-selling book by a nonexpatriate Indian author."

aweeen kesi ke kitaab best selling nahe ban jati putar ... jab dunya pharti aur sunti hey aglay ko tab banti hey LOL

You would be surprised to know that more actions are taken against those who break laws.

But thing is this prolonged situation in Kashmir has taken its toll on Indian Army soldiers.

There is no war zone or conflict zone in the world where hostilities for such a long time doesn't have war crimes. Whether it was WW 2, Vietnam War, Iraq war, Afghan War or even this.

I am totally in support of punishing the guilty soldiers but i also want Government to take more measures for psychological stability of soldiers. If you don't know about it, watch few documentaries on PTSD and War Torn Soldiers.

@haviZsultan Problem with these so called neutral writers is that they see only pain of people, not of Soldiers.

What I hate about my country is that whenever a Soldier or Policemen dies. no one cares as they are supposed to die for their country and society, but if one innocent person gets killed, people go crazy.

This in-sensitiveness towards our soldiers in our society is the problem. No one ever asked or pointed out to Indian govt. that they should invest heavily in Psychological well being of our soldiers.

This is why I hate these writers. Aren't these soldiers deserve same human rights like common man ?

I am against War crimes, but I am against society to help our soldiers psychologically and for once, speak for their rights.

I agree with you.

BTW few years ago I heard that TVs are made available on may Indian posts on border and soldiers there were allowed to watch sas-bahu serials.

That was good measure. don't know whether that measure is still in effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
offtopic- sometimes i think arundhati is right.indian government is buying weapons to use them on it's own people.see indian government didn't had balls to attack pak in 2008 and 2002 but when it comes to suppress some civil movements they use there full force.they even beat old and kids.on topic-kashmir is integral part of india and will remain till eternity no matter what arundhati says:P
Its not about balls, its about Priority. India buy weapons to deter any aggression. Without visible security, you can't have economic growth.

One of the major reason to descalate the situation was that world noticed what we wanted to say and we backed off as hostility creates less stable envrionment for Economic development.

A group of industrialists went to Indian Govt. telling them that stop using Nuclear word. It affects business. Look at China, they could have solved all their problems with military might but they know war will affect their economic growth.

Remember, in this century, your best weapon will be your Economy, not just your Nukes and Rafales.

Its not about balls, its about Priority. India buy weapons to deter any aggression. Without visible security, you can't have economic growth.

One of the major reason to descalate the situation was that world noticed what we wanted to say and we backed off as hostility creates less stable envrionment for Economic development.

A group of industrialists went to Indian Govt. telling them that stop using Nuclear word. It affects business. Look at China, they could have solved all their problems with military might but they know war will affect their economic growth.

Remember, in this century, your best weapon will be your Economy, not just your Nukes and Rafales.

what about beating babas,senior citizens and college going youth????

aR_zps8c271601.jpg

:partay:

I agree with you.BTW few years ago I heard that TVs are made available on may Indian posts on border and soldiers there were allowed to watch sas-bahu serials.That was good measure. don't know whether that measure is still in effect.
Suicide incidents and war crimes are alarming signs of weakness among the soldiers.

Depression is infectious. That's why we need better rotation policy, more psychiatrists deployment and better support structure for not only the soldiers and ex soldiers but also for the families of the soldiers, both alive and dead.

One of the major worries that affect soldier in longer period of time is thought about his family and their well being. As long as more steps are made to ensure their families' well being and our own society try to take care of them as duty to our nation, our soldiers will have less stress.

For this we need, awareness campaigns to make people more helping towards soldiers' families just like we try to aware them about helping poor and illiterate.

what about beating babas,senior citizens and college going youth????
See, now you are trying to raise more question which isn't related to defense. Here I am talking strictly to tell you about why we need to buy weapons and also try to deescalate any hostile situation.

Because if that happens, our economy will suffer, and now you are asking about babas, senior citizens and youth being beaten, you will talk more about death of civilians, economic downturn resulting in unemployment, more poverty and more social instability. This will fuel more unrest and provide fodder to internal insurgencies.

Right now you are questioning what is Moral and Immoral, but if we go to war, we will be talking about Survival of more number of people.

Try to inculcate other aspects too when you study something. Otherwise you might degrade the situation rather than improving it.

If you want more discussion on it, open another thread. I will explain in detail.

no dude she aint a poor lady well she is a drama queen actually her new book is round the corner so shes trying to creat some controversy as they say ...Dikh rahee hai tabhee to bik rahee hai ;)

no dude she aint a poor lady well she is a drama queen actually her new book is round the corner so shes trying to creat some controversy as they say ...Dikh rahee hai tabhee to bik rahee hai ;)

couple days back she was praised widely for raising loc issue and nailing points on guests.. romance didn't last longer eh!

I agree with you.

BTW few years ago I heard that TVs are made available on may Indian posts on border and soldiers there were allowed to watch sas-bahu serials.

That was good measure. don't know whether that measure is still in effect.
Most Indian company sized posts have satellite TVs, but can be seen only with generator sets as the forward posts have no electricity.

Many satellite phones are available too, at battalion HQ level and above and at some transit camps where towers aren't available for mobile phone communications.

See, now you are trying to raise more question which isn't related to defense. Here I am talking strictly to tell you about why we need to buy weapons and also try to deescalate any hostile situation.

Because if that happens, our economy will suffer, and now you are asking about babas, senior citizens and youth being beaten, you will talk more about death of civilians, economic downturn resulting in unemployment, more poverty and more social instability. This will fuel more unrest and provide fodder to internal insurgencies.

Right now you are questioning what is Moral and Immoral, but if we go to war, we will be talking about Survival of more number of people.

Try to inculcate other aspects too when you study something. Otherwise you might degrade the situation rather than improving it.

If you want more discussion on it, open another thread. I will explain in detail.
please look at my first post i clearly wrote offtopic.

you replied an offtopic post.
if you want to continue discussing offtopic i can explain what exactly i wrote in my first post.
:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom