What's new

India welcomes US 'Asia pivot'

Going by their past records these neocon idiots will turn western Pacific into what Middle East is now.

There's a saying in China when the lips are gone so will the teeth.

India supporting US in Asia to contain China seems fine on the surface, but what happens when you want them to leave?

China, while seeming aggressive, is the only force in Asia capable of driving the US out, because of its military, but most importantly economy.

US is an outside force, they can do what they want and if **** hits the fan, they can leave. We are asians, if things don't turn out good we are screwed.

Vietnam, Philippines have a short memory, I hope India is not the same way, especially since India is in no danger what so ever.

That's the thing

The aggressive nature of Chinese polices and it's way of handling border disputes are prime reason why many Asian nations have welcomed Asia Pivot

In other words, this 'welcome' is warning to China by India, regarding the incursion and stance China has taken

That's the thing

The aggressive nature of Chinese polices and it's way of handling border disputes are prime reason why many Asian nations have welcomed Asia Pivot

In other words, this 'welcome' is warning to China by India, regarding the incursion and stance China has taken

This is drinking poison to quench the thirst, India chinese military and to an extent is not so far away that India can't possibly win or get overran. However Americans can.

The lesser of two evils is China, China needs stability in the region, maybe she feels current instability is a must, but future stability is something she wants and needs. Same cannot be said for the US. A weak Asia is something that works for US.

Your argument that it's a warning to China, well who are you going to use to warn America?

India supporting US in Asia to contain China seems fine on the surface, but what happens when you want them to leave?

China, while seeming aggressive, is the only force in Asia capable of driving the US out, because of its military, but most importantly economy.

US is an outside force, they can do what they want and if **** hits the fan, they can leave. We are asians, if things don't turn out good we are screwed.

Vietnam, Philippines have a short memory, I hope India is not the same way, especially since India is in no danger what so ever.

nobody needs war. the aggressive stance of china with its asian neighbors will result in such eventualities.its the path china has chosen.and aisa is not just india they're no where near india..as u rightly said there are other depressed countries u have to worry about india is the least of ur concerns.

This pivot is not only aimed at China. It's also aimed at containing India in the long term. Whatever the US does in Asia, is aimed at keeping any Asian challenger to its hegemony.
India will find out what a ruthless power the United States really is. When India becomes a big economic power and is close to surpassing American power, watch the US form alliances with India's neighbours to contain India.

the point is india is always wary of u.s so we tried to maintain as limited interests with it apart from trade.there is a reason why we dont rely only on u.s's tech in our defence too.we dont trust them.but when china's rise is agressive we have to take care of our interests.this is not a peaceful rise.

The US couldn't leave East Asia even if we wanted to.

pacific-territories.jpg

That shows our Pacific territories, kind of makes you think again on why its called an American lake doesn't it? ;)

India's region is a whole different story, but they don't want deep commitments so its fine.

This is drinking poison to quench the thirst, India chinese military and to an extent is not so far away that India can't possibly win or get overran. However Americans can.

The lesser of two evils is China, China needs stability in the region, maybe she feels current instability is a must, but future stability is something she wants and needs. Same cannot be said for the US. A weak Asia is something that works for US.

Your argument that it's a warning to China, well who are you going to use to warn America?

just take a look at the chinese claims... as china gaining power they are bullying small neighbor on daily basis.... and you guys trying to make it fun... most of chinese seeing that thing as great.... so other countries will prefer to contain or stop that bullying by grouping another power... most of countries moving towards US is due to chinese bullying... nothing more that that...

we hold our cards according to the time and situation.while china dont want to go peacefully with its neighbors..ultimately this is what happens.it'll be singled out.u dont expect india to remain the same always do u??we learnt our lessons and our pace of morderenising our defence forces is increased.we have lesser problems at our door steps.though we sonot have an absolute friendship with our neighbors things can be made well with a good diplomacy including pakistan.and even if the things are worse we dont have much issues with our neighbors.ur govt must learn that diplomacy is better than force and they must take their neighbors along with them.power thriumps only when its used with responsibility

The most India attempted to do in past to keep USA out of Indian Ocean was support LTTE in Lanka and rely on Soviets.

India can do neither of the above but adapt, as China is leaving India little choice.

The US and India and all the rest want stability now though, not stability after China has gotten what it wants from the chaos.

Whats your opinion, chinese policies are pushing stability? Don't you think their policymakers are making a mistake somewhere?

Not surprised. Check out this Indian's argument, "I mean wait a second, wait a second...I mean wait a second, wait a second". :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats your opinion, chinese policies are pushing stability? Don't you think their policymakers are making a mistake somewhere?

That's on the cards yes, would any country want instability over stability? No, but there are times when it is a necessity. Pakistan and India has fought a couple of times, does this mean India is looking for instability? No, but at that time, there is no other choice.

That's beside my point anyways.

My question is, who is going to warn America when China "falls?" Once you open the door for America, they won't want to leave. If nothing else, it at least makes your country look like a pawn of America and does wonders for your prestige.

I don't buy this keeping sea lanes open crap, first, only Americans are stupid enough to buy our cheapest made crap that even we don't buy. Only Americans are stupid enough to invest in Chinese ponzi schemes when we don't even do it, only American tourists are stupid enough to get ripped off five times a day in China when it is apparent to every Chinese and other tourists what's happening, and only Americans are desperate enough to marry our ugly, old divorced woman when our men would rather be gay than do that.

So looking at these facts we can see that China' wants the seas open, I mean who else are we going to rip off? India? Not likely.

That's on the cards yes, would any country want instability over stability? No, but there are times when it is a necessity. Pakistan and India has fought a couple of times, does this mean India is looking for instability? No, but at that time, there is no other choice.

That's beside my point anyways.

My question is, who is going to warn America when China "falls?" Once you open the door for America, they won't want to leave. If nothing else, it at least makes your country look like a pawn of America and does wonders for your prestige.

I don't buy this keeping sea lanes open crap, first, only Americans are stupid enough to buy our cheapest made crap that even we don't buy. Only Americans are stupid enough to invest in Chinese ponzi schemes when we don't even do it, only American tourists are stupid enough to get ripped off five times a day in China when it is apparent to every Chinese and other tourists what's happening, and only Americans are desperate enough to marry our ugly, old divorced woman when our men would rather be gay than do that.

So looking at these facts we can see that China' wants the seas open, I mean who else are we going to rip off? India? Not likely.

Not sure I fully follow your post. Just to make my point clear, I KNOW what US is selling here, but the smaller nations around - why is china making provocations? Take the current issue at Ladakh - the LAC is loosely demarcated and forces of both countries have patrolled some parts for many decades, why would china suddenly put up tents there - in a completely deserted area, if not to provoke?

And India is a giant compared to the other smaller nations around china, why is china provoking others and forcing the door open for USA???

Like a prostitute, enticing Mafia bosses to the region. Repulsive.

A prostitute sells itself..US doesn't have a base in India not a single operating unit in India forget a base.lwe are inviting them to play with you,why should we have a problem?:D

Not sure I fully follow your post. Just to make my point clear, I KNOW what US is selling here, but the smaller nations around - why is china making provocations? Take the current issue at Ladakh - the LAC is loosely demarcated and forces of both countries have patrolled some parts for many decades, why would china suddenly put up tents there - in a completely deserted area, if not to provoke?

And India is a giant compared to the other smaller nations around china, why is china provoking others and forcing the door open for USA???

I think I read a story that China wants to have a open channel for Indian Chinese on these border issues, but Indians had either reservations, or couldn't come up with a decision.

Maybe the Chinese government took it the wrong way and thinks Indians purposely did this because of designs on Chinese controlled territory.

Wild guess.

As to the others, If the Philippines and Vietnam had been Bangladesh and Sri lanka, would India sit still and do nothing? You guys complain when we arm Pakistan, but the US' weapons are much more potent and it's forces can more than reach China.

You say we surround India? We don't have any military bases, while US has dozens in Japan and Korea alone.

You guys say that we provoked India, the US is moving B2s and F-22s to Korea, don't tell me those are needed in a Korean war, maybe B-2s , but F-22?

So you can see why we don't want America in Asia, but more importantly, China's present is India's tomorrow.

We are claiming the seas, one because it is profitable, two and perhaps most importantly, if it's not under Chinese authority, don't pretend it won't be under America's.

We would rather **** off all these smaller nations, than to get America in our backyard.

@anon45
Guam has always been in Asia, and Hawaii always close, if China had still been weak, would the US still use 60% of force in Asia? If not, then what is this move in response to if not China? You are not going to say pirates are you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom