What's new

India welcomes US 'Asia pivot'

Neither the Indians or the Chinese would be interested in the presence of a foreign entity. The PRC isn't stupid enough to ignore the threat of such presence. While the Indians are going through such an economic transition ,they mightn't protest the US naval forces trolling at their backyard. China is strong enough to counter such containment and India has a great potential too. I'm sure both of them will reach an agreement sooner or later on this topic.

Look both of these giants denounce imperialism. In Arabic we say ;people who taste the injustice will never pass it over to the others.

@Mirza Jatt

They could work with China, they must learn to live with a powerful China. The alternative is they must become more powerful themselves.

US will one day leave Asia, how is China going to leave? Even if Chinese power stay the same it is still too much for these countries to handle.

what do you mean by they could work with china or learn to live with china ?? what if they dont want to deal with china ?? what if they want to have their own little peaceful space without any influence ?? dont they have the right to do so ?? You basically mean China will continue to bully them even if US is not here. Let me suggest this option..why not china leave them and alone or solve the things peacefully among them instead of threats and warnings every now and then ?? this will not only gain respect for china, the smaller nations will never feel the need of US in asia at the first place.

The smaller nations dont know how the US will behave in future,...but they definitely need to solve the problem that exists today because of the threats to their nations from china.

Last edited by a moderator:
what do you mean by they could work with china or learn to live with china ?? what if they dont want to deal with china ?? what if they want to have their own little peaceful space without any influence ?? dont they have the right to do so ?? You basically mean China will continue to bully them even if US is not here. Let me suggest this option..why not china leave them and alone or solve the things peacefully among them instead of threats and warnings every now and then ?? this will not only gain respect for china, the smaller nations will never feel the need of US in asia at the first place.

The smaller nations dont know how the US will behave in future,...but they definitely need to solve the problem that exists today because of the threats to their nations from china.

After WW2 china refused twice to receive payment from Japan, once from Chang kai shek, another time from Mao. This is to improve relationship with japan.

Today, they not only show us no respect, but started the island disputes by buying the disputed islands. Which they got during the first Sino Japanese war. We should have gotten it back after we beat Japan for good like the coalition against napoleon.

We the Chinese invest and help Philippines and Vietnam time and time again. They show us no respect and now this.

No, I am afraid power talks, good deeds are forgotten as soon as they are done, but power is forever and absolute.

Your suggestion is only works in an ideal world.

This is drinking poison to quench the thirst, India chinese military and to an extent is not so far away that India can't possibly win or get overran. However Americans can.

The lesser of two evils is China, China needs stability in the region, maybe she feels current instability is a must, but future stability is something she wants and needs. Same cannot be said for the US. A weak Asia is something that works for US.

Your argument that it's a warning to China, well who are you going to use to warn America?

India knows the true nature of US and so do the other Asian nations

But the growing might and wrong way of handling border disputes adopted by China has resulted in these nations feel being threatened by China

China's Concerned policies are equally responsible for this

woman....

someones like her are fascinated with masochism in deep....

woman....

someones like her are fascinated with masochism in deep....

It's highly possible they were damaging the ecosystem and this is also unacceptable in China.

It's nice to hear China takes such good care of the Phillipine's reef ecosystem when at home it fails so massively. :omghaha:

It's nice to hear China takes such good care of the Phillipine's reef ecosystem when at home it fails so massively. :omghaha:

somebody has to, after the American ship destroyed some of it.

After WW2 china refused twice to receive payment from Japan, once from Chang kai shek, another time from Mao. This is to improve relationship with japan.

Today, they not only show us no respect, but started the island disputes by buying the disputed islands. Which they got during the first Sino Japanese war. We should have gotten it back after we beat Japan for good like the coalition against napoleon.

We the Chinese invest and help Philippines and Vietnam time and time again. They show us no respect and now this.

No, I am afraid power talks, good deeds are forgotten as soon as they are done, but power is forever and absolute.

Your suggestion is only works in an ideal world.

no one says to act foolish or act unprofessional...not saying you be ultra soft on your neighbours..but every problem can be solved thgorugh peace talks (thats what chian keep saying to india, right ? ), then why show power to the smaller nations which are no match for you ?? India has almost all its neighbour whinig about india all the time....but we ignore it cause we know when you are the big country among smaller ones there will be complaints and you cant solv that.

secondly even if I agree to your words that those stuff work ony in an ideal world then, i dont blame the smaller countries not objecting to US presence as they are doing what they think is right for their safety..cause request and siggestions wont work in this world right ?

America has always wanted a military base in India so I think this time India will give it to them.

Back
Top Bottom