What's new

India to spend $3 billion for 3 more Talwar-class frigates

No, Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers, Mazagon Dock Ltd. can also build ships of large tonnage.

I dont know about the others, but CSL can build ships upto 1,10,000 DWT and repair ships up to 1,25,000 DWT Cochin Shipyard Limited.

The largest naval ship is the +40,000 ton Vikrant class carrier IAC-1 which under construction.

The pic you posted is from a visit to Cochin Harbour by IN warships. I dont know why they were docking at this site of the harbour.

Our ship industry is far away from where yours is, but we are learning more and more and are improving rapidly as well and are investing in newer technologies as we step ahead.
Broadsword: New yards, techniques, to speed up warship building

Thanks for info

BTW I heard that we built an 1,00,000 ton plus ships, is is true?

On Topic> we should wait till the deal gets finalized

P.S> We did

The yard has delivered two of India's largest double hull Aframax tankers each of 95,000 DWT .

The loaded weight will be off course above 1,00,000 tons

3 billion for 3 frigates?? If it's true then it is indeed very high.. But i seriously doubt 3 billion mark. It just could be some rough estimates or likewise.

3 billion for 3 frigates?? If it's true then it is indeed very high.. But i seriously doubt 3 billion mark. It just could be some rough estimates or likewise.

I bet the politicians are pocketing half of that, at least.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom