What's new

India to outpace China in 2011: WB

Minimalist

BANNED
Reaction score
India to outpace China in 2011: WB

15267_pace.jpg

New Delhi: India will outpace China in 2011 to become the fastest growing economies, according to the latest World Bank forecast.

World Bank, in its 2011 growth outlook, has tipped China’s GDP to grow at 8.5 percent marginally below its projection of 8.6 percent for India, paving way for India to become the fastest-growing economy in the world.

China Q3 growth rate has slipped to 9.6 percent, its slowest pace in 12 months.

A research report by Morgan Stanley had said India could overtake China’s growth rate by 2013 and expected it to be notably ahead from 2015 onwards.

India to become fastest growing economies by 2011: WB

------------------------------------

To all Indian and Chinese firends :cheers: Let's grow together.

I'm more worried about the poorest, the tribals etc., people who do not have access to even the most basic things of life.

The poorest of the poor is whom we should focus upon.

Also, staying at the top is much more difficult than reaching there. My two cents.

To all Indian and Chinese firends :cheers: Let's grow together.

That's the great thing about global trade. We can ALL benefit from it... it's not a zero-sum game. :tup:

As a side-note I'd like to point out that growing 8.5% at China's current economic size is still enormous growth.

In real terms (not in percentage terms), the amount of growth would still be increasing.

EDIT: I know the CCP is trying to "cool down" the Chinese economy to prevent overheating, but I don't think it will fall by that much. I think it's more accurate to say that the Indian rate of growth will surpass the Chinese one in 2013, not in 2011.

Last edited:
I'm more worried about the poorest, the tribals etc., people who do not have access to even the most basic things of life.

The poorest of the poor is whom we should focus upon.

Also, staying at the top is much more difficult than reaching there. My two cents.

I agree... I think the govt should start focusing more on the rural sectors along with developing the urban India. Despite a fast growing economy, the rural sector is growing at a much slower rate than the rest of India and in a way we are creating a larger gap which would be hard to bridge. A growing gap between rural and urban sectors will move more and more people from a primarily agrarian economy which maybe hard to turn around at some point.

My two cents with you .... 4 cents now!

good to see it , but we have to go very far , this is just the start.

we have long way to go.........we still lack in infrastructure.....poverty, corruption are some other problems...we have to face them....and one thing I Tell u is for sure in next 10 - 20 years INDIA will be one of the world powers....a RESPECTED NATION

India has been long predicted to outpace China for, at least, 10 years. Will this time it comes true? We'll see.

Yes, been like that...

But this time its World Bank (which is not any tom dick or harry) report which carries the weight.

Lest you forget, outpace here means rate of growth higher than China.

its a good news
but i dont think india can maintain d growth rate advantage over china even if it happens
china has a strong manufacturing sector and india has lot to do to improve its production capabilities
then only v can maintain a double digit rate

India has been long predicted to outpace China for, at least, 10 years. Will this time it comes true? We'll see.

We did not predicted it,WB did,so it is none of our cocerns and not our mistake.

So dont give stress to ur brain and just allow it to cool,just like China is cooling its economy

b/w i saw some pictures of the asian games city
hu its fantastic
congrats china

on topic
china is been having a high growth rate for more than two decades
so v should not get disheartened when v see their growth
just b happy dat v r catching up to them

if v didnt have the bloody british raj v could have been much better
and even better of if they hadnt left us with such rotten netas

Back
Top Bottom