What's new

India To Develop New Generation Main Battle Tank

It will take another 6 decades to develop then fail and then again involve russian,israel and germany to even get it into service.

Better buy em off the shelf frm russia in the future coz its FMBT u know!
No troll just gettin the record straight.
Peace

Another defence expert here :rolleyes:

ontopic
If this goes on well than it"ll be a great step for nullifying our dependence on foreign equipment.

@bomb dude Arjun has german design,german gun,german engine,israeli FCS,maybe even german transmission everything is imported same goes for 90% imported dhruv!

Its better u guys go do a JV with russia or someone..

AK-II will roll out of HIT in 2012 or 13.And as per reports it will be the worlds highest armed tank.

It will take another 6 decades to develop then fail and then again involve russian,israel and germany to even get it into service.

Better buy em off the shelf frm russia in the future coz its FMBT u know!
No troll just gettin the record straight.
Peace

See We are Humans, Its Human Tendency to Fail and Learn from failures, which is the second project on the same Lines which we have taken Up ever failed, Could You give me an Example??? Well I can Give You many Failures of many Countries but dint they Progress?? Or Did they stop seeing and Fearing there Failures...

A Man who fails is The Man Who Succeeds... Well Atleast we are not Worried about Our failures, We are Doing further research..

Seriously, there is nothing going to change upon Your Jealousy, You can Just satisfy Your thought but Not the Hunger Buddy....

Last edited:
GREAAATTT :victory: I hope if this project is approved then it goes well ........... and is not delayed .................:cheers:

is expected to cost about Rs 50 billion (about US$1 billion) for its development
So funding is not an issue now.
The new active armour protection system will be fitted with the FMBT to neutralise the incoming anti-tank shells or missiles for greatly improving its survivability.
Apart from this they I heard there are demands for the material of tank to be like the one which can safely carry the crew of the tank through any nuclear, biological or chemical infected zone. These features can be developed because Indian Labs have been working on these kind of stuff.
The FMBT's crew will get the real-time information about the battlefields including the friendly and hostile actions, and can take the simultaneous steps of the attack or defense, according to the chief.
I think we might need some help for this. But this is a very powerful feature, worth developing ourselves.
I even heard they are planning for a new engine which would be smaller in size than usual tank engine but will be able to provide the equivalent thrust.
For this we might need help.
Anyways whatever is the final decision, we should go for Russian help as they are the best in MBT business. We can even purchase russian T-95 project design or we could enter into FGFA kind of agreement with Russia as they have abandoned t-95 project because of lack of fund. This could save time because we really need to replace our 2,400 T-72 MBTs.
@ Rajput Warrior
I agree with you. With the capabilities defined for this tank we should go for a Russian JV.
Can you tell me what changes pakistan has made in AK II ???/ I mean feature difference between AK I and AK II. ???/ Thanks in advance....

oui oui oui russian or indian i dont care as long as i have the fmbt it just doesnt matter

oui oui oui russian or indian i dont care as long as i have the fmbt it just doesnt matter
I also agree with you. In the end their would be a production unit in India with TOT.

what happened to arjun??

This happen to Arjun Tank, 124 already ordered by Army and looking to order for more..!

Link:- Army to purchase more Arjun tanks

Arjun rolling out from factory..!

arjun-tank1.jpg

:smitten::smitten:

This happen to Arjun Tank, 124 already ordered by Army and looking to order for more..!

Link:- Army to purchase more Arjun tanks

Arjun rolling out from factory..!

arjun-tank1.jpg

:smitten::smitten:

88 Arjun inducted into the Indian Army and posted in Bikarner. 36 more are ready to join the force. 124 more ordered.

Arjun mk-2 will be ready for trial in 2012. Most of the technologies for it has been developed. IA expected to order 500+ of Arjun mk-2 until FMBT is mass produced.

what happened to arjun??
I heard the further development is going on and Arjun mkII is coming, may be mk III will also come.
What will be the difference between Arjun MK-1 and Arjun MK-2?
I read alot about it but i think wee should wait until it is made. Here are some new features about mkII :
According to reports there are around 90 changes to be made in the next prototype, 12 new technologies will be developed and incorporated in mk2 like-
1) automatic target locating, tracking and destruction
2) Tank Urban Survival Kit ( includes defensive aids like laser warning, IR jammer, and aerosol smoke grenade system)
3) Laser Warning Control System
4)NERA (non-explosive reactive armor)
Also as i have heard, Air-conditioning system for the crew will surely be there.

I think if India manages to develop these features than DRDO can scrap that FMBT project and whatever extra demands are there, they can be included in mkIII.

I heard the further development is going on and Arjun mkII is coming, may be mk III will also come.

I read alot about it but i think wee should wait until it is made. Here are some new features about mkII :
According to reports there are around 90 changes to be made in the next prototype, 12 new technologies will be developed and incorporated in mk2 like-
1) automatic target locating, tracking and destruction
2) Tank Urban Survival Kit ( includes defensive aids like laser warning, IR jammer, and aerosol smoke grenade system)
3) Laser Warning Control System
4)NERA (non-explosive reactive armor)
Also as i have heard, Air-conditioning system for the crew will surely be there.

I think if India manages to develop these features than DRDO can scrap that FMBT project and whatever extra demands are there, they can be included in mkIII.

In addition to these Arjun mk-2 will get....

1) New 1500 HP engine.
2) New thermal imaging panoramic sights
3) Two tonnes of ERA
4) Will be capable of firing ATGM

and much more...

Back
Top Bottom