What's new

India to buy American military equipment lying in Afghanistan?

“We have allies and friends in Uzbekistan and India who have very real security concerns and could put this equipment to good use.

Enough to Heat The Idea of India hold growing strong in Afghanistan (Unprofessional Trolling) :sniper:

That means US will stay for Five More Years in Afghanistan ....

On Topic It Makes Sense then To Give it Free They Should Earn Some From Giving it to those who have money to buy them :cheers:

We Indian are not beggar, We will pay for it if offered. even If USA gift it to Pakistan, Pakistan will not stop hating USA. (will they? I want a Pakistani claim)

Now the lawmaker to decide , do they want it to give to ingratitude Paksstan (from where these weapons may trasfer to terrorists) of Allies...

I p[ersonaly want a Humvee (without weapons) :P

May be he wanted to say that this guy who is advocating for India as an ally was an Afghan and Pak supporter before?

So what happen that he change his allegiance, wht Pakistan did?

What equipment ? As i remember they were offering ammos and humvees to Pakistan and we rejected the offer. I guess because these sort of weapons are already being smuggled via Quetta, Peshawar and Karach, the NATO supply routes on a daily basis.

This is one among them

m1114-hmmwv.jpg
M1114-humvee.jpg
m1114-990614-J-0000K-006.jpg

I don't think so. The really good stuff has been of will be taken out by the US. Some of the slightly decent stuff that the US can't afford to ship home but doesn't want to leave in the hands of the Afghans or Pakistani has already been scrapped in Afghanistan. The rest of the cr@ppy, decreped and useless equipment is on offer to the regional nations such as India,Pakistan and the Uzbeks.

There cannot be much "good" on offer to India.

This is one among them

m1114-hmmwv.jpg
M1114-humvee.jpg
m1114-990614-J-0000K-006.jpg

Bro what is India going to do with these? Before even going to Afghanistan these Humvees were outdated and every account I have seen on the subject has criticised the Humvees for their poor performance in operations. These behemoths are fuel hungry and are not going to suit the CT AOs of the North or NE with their narrow roads and built up areas. The IA is a proffesional military that creates requirements and then gets products that best meet these requirements. It is not a military that needs anyone's charity or slap-dash procurements here and there. The IA is not after second hand junk these days- they can afford new and the best.

En entire maintenance Eco system would have to be set up around these machines whcich currently doesn't exist in India.

+ @SpArK did you know that India is actually a partner in the project to replace the Humvees? Look up the JLTV program.

Last edited by a moderator:
u__890605439.jpg

Instead of scrapping excess American military equipment worth billions of dollars in Afghanistan before its planned troop withdrawal in 2014, the US should sell it to friendly countries like India and Uzbekistan, a top lawmaker has suggested.
Expressing shock over a recent article in ‘The Washington Post’ reporting that US has hired contract labourers to scrap precious military equipment in Afghanistan worth billions of dollars, New York Congressman Dana Rohrabacher has written in a letter to Secretary of State John Kerry that the United States should not waste perfectly good military equipment.

“We have allies and friends in Uzbekistan and India who have very real security concerns and could put this equipment to good use. They should buy the equipment and the training that goes along with it which should be profitable to us both.

It makes more sense for the American tax payer and serves our country’s interests by supporting nations who will come under increased threat from radical Islam after 2014,” Rohrabacher wrote in the letter yesterday.

“We must listen to our allies in the region. They have supported us for years in our fight against terrorism. It is insulting that we are now ignoring them in this way,” said Rohrabacher, Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Europe, Eurasia, and Emerging Threats.

“Such a spectacle only gives the public the impression that our withdrawal is being conducted in an irresponsible manner,” said Rohrabacher.

As the US military prepares to withdraw from Afghanistan,equipment deemed to be too costly to transport out of the country is being destroyed, according to media reports.It is reported that the Defence Department has “destroyed more than 170 million pounds worth of vehicles and other military equipment” so far, including mine-resistant armoured trucks.

The excess equipment being scrapped is so valuable, it was referred to as “gold dust” in a June 19, Washington Post article with some estimating its worth to be as high as USD 7 billion.

India to buy American military equipment lying in Afghanistan? | idrw.org

First go to School to learn to write good articles, it does not say India is buying. They have to offer us first, yes I agree some of the defensive material like Mine protected Vehicle makes sense to me.

American scrap heap rubbish.

LET IT ROT IN THE DESERT...

We have billions $$$$ to buy shinny new C17 C130 * RAFALES AND CARRIERS

Back
Top Bottom