What's new

India to buy 1500 drones in 4 years

you can use your real flag , tell me your address i will send you bread .

Just go through some of my posts and you will come to know my true location. BTW thanks for your kind concern but there are a lot of people who are waiting for.

It not necessary always things will go along-with your interests. Isn't it?

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

No, actually these drones are to make sure that Kargil type event does not happen again. They are also useful in checking whether infiltration is happening in border areas or whether the Chinese Army is massing troops across the border. They are also to monitor activities of the Maoists and other insurgents in the North east and to ensure that innocuous looking fishing trawlers loafing around the Orissa coast are not actually enemy surveillance ships monitoring our missile launches . All these will be done so that the soldiers on the borders living in extremely harsh, inhuman and primitive conditions and policemen fighting terrorists for peanuts can fight to keep our country safe and secure so that some cheap pseudo intellectuals can sit in their AC rooms and talk of exalted and nebulous concepts like human rights and poverty alleviation and world peace while eyeing foreign awards.

Yes I know, but we have a lot more responsiblities too where we are lacking. I am talking, keeping reasons of internal insecurity in our country. i.e. poverty, maost etc

Drones are an important facet in todays world of modern battle field. BUT 1500 DRONES? Don’t you think its being over done?:what:

Well not really, India is a HUGE nation with a HUGE military and a HUGE EEZ. I'd say 3-400 of these would be man-portable for J&K and Moaists with 6-700 being MALE UAVs for IA/IAF/IN/ICG/BSF/ITBP/CRPF whilst 100-150 will be NRUAV like FireScout for IN/ICG for use off ships (IA/IAF/CAPFs may also get 10-20 units each themselves) with IN/ICG also getting 80-150 HALE maritime UAVs like Global Hawk. With IA/CAPFs also getting 1-200 Micro-UAVs. ( SOFs will also be getting man-portable UAVs in this procurement)

Added to this list (but not in this procurement) is 100+ man-portable UAVs for NSG's SAG units and 500+ UAVs for various states/cities ( Punjab police have already Estes and sent out RFPs for numerous types of UAV for state police).

Does India's army exist or what?
Whenever there is a defence news about India, its always about flying machines...
Man what would you people do to counter Pak's army? You can't possibly kill every soldier on the ground without intelligence...

people concluded it in wrong manner..it may include small flying machines..nothing more..

and india is too big

Every Indian defence observer feels this; With the restricted tech like ICBMs,nuclear propulsion submarines,satellite launch technology...India has gained considerable development in those departments.

And yet with tech that you can buy off the shelf,we struggle like snails on a razor blade...even if it is something as trivial as motherflippin drones.Crazy eh?

Whenever there is a defence news about India, its always about flying machines...
Man what would you people do to counter Pak's army? You can't possibly kill every soldier on the ground without intelligence...

Of course it exists ( what a stupid question) but modern warfare has evolved as such these kind of platforms (drones, satellites etc) are needed and effective and many of these drones are FOR the IA so they are more deadly on the battlefield.

Yes Yes. Why not? we have enough money, we don't have bread but need not 1500 but 15000 drones so that we can get more pictures of people striving for food. :yahoo:

How many poor people have you helped?? Do you even live in India?? and be thankful that those "starving" children are atleast alive, had it not been for the army, their existence itself would have been doubtful

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

dropping bomb is faster and simpler... we are saving time of both our's and your's :D

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

aab kis larkee kee tasveer lagadi apnay?

aapney kis ladki ki lagai hai?? lol, usne toh muche bhi laga rakhi hai

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

Dhimmi media strikes again, so do our modern jingoes :lol:

please check this link "list of countries with no of active troops and troops in reserve"
List of countries by number of troops - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

india
Active Troops : 1,325,000
Reserve : 2,142,821
Paramilitary : 1,300,586
Total : 4,768,407

Pakistan
Active Troops : 617,000
Reserve : 513,000
Paramilitary : 304,000
Total : 1,434,000

we have more than 2 troops for ur every single one so don't worry about indian army i am sure that during conflict we will not be at the receiving end.

Drones are good against external enemies.

But drones should never be used to kill internal enemies, they will be counter productive.

It represents something like machine killing men and produces more anger.
I plead to not use drones against maoist and naxals.

LOL you make it sound like Indian military is a habitual shopper with itchy fingers.

Jokes aside, I think India should invest more on R&D and manufacturing. By building indigenous hardware and software benefit her people and economies in the longer term. It also give her an absolute independent foreign/defense policy without any outside influences at all.

Most of us know that but so many idiots rule India and more idiots vote for them.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Why the f-k did we upgrade mirages today on the news, when we could buy new Rafael..

We need Something Like Elbit Hermes 450,900 variant's in large Numbers for Recon

this is what ELBIT has offered us

One of the areas for future cooperation with local enterprises is Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS). We are offering our comprehensive line of unmanned aerial systems, ranging from the new Hermes 900 Medium-Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) system and to the combat proven, compact, man-portable Skylark 1LE, which can be operated on military, paramilitary and civilian applications.

Elbit Systems Seek MALE UAV Opportunities in India | Defense Update

Mostly we will go for Israeli UAV's because it is the only country that has Offered us variety of Unmanned systems and Major part of our UAV Strength are Israel made.Harpy,Harop - Target drones,Searcher Mk 1 and 2,IAI Eitan,IAI Heron and the ELBIT's drones i Mentioned.U.S have also offered us the "Global Hawk" HALE Uav.

Drones are the future of warfare, India is entering at the right time, Indigenous development programs are the key.

Back
Top Bottom