What's new

India to be called 'Bharat' ?

wat's wrong with these politicians?? instead of working towards the kind of causes which would help the citizens of the country, they want to waste their time & tax payers money on something which would make absolutely no difference whatsoever in anyone's life. can't see any of them trying to bring constitutional ammendments in contesting the elections, such as banning anyone who has criminal charge slapped on them or people who are convicted in crimes.

long long age before you were born .......there was a great king called Baratha.....and you do not know about it because your history teachers claim that your history lasted from the time of mugals(since you dont know your roots before that)......but i would like to let you know that unlike yours ours was more ancient....

well back to Baratha.....
Bharata (Sanskrit: भरतः) is a legendary emperor of India, referred in Hindu and Jain mythology.
He was the first to conquer all of Greater India, uniting it into a single entity which was named after him as Bhāratavarṣa.[citation needed] According to the Mahābhārata[citation needed], Bharat's empire covered all of the Indian subcontinent, Bactria, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgistan, Turkmenistan, and Persia.[citation needed] The Republic of India is officially known as Bhā*** (भारत) in Hindi and Bhāratam (भारतम्) in Sanskrit after Bharata

Bharata (emperor) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

india is called Barath after him

Mahabarata is not a proven history book. It is Hindu religious book which is full of myth and make believe sotry. I do not think this should include in our history since it has no effect among us. I am trying to be straight here.

History in Bangladesh quiet different than in Bharat/India. I persoally did not know about this character. I thought name Bharat associted with hindu religon.

Mahabarata is not a proven history book. It is Hindu religious book which is full of myth and make believe sotry. I do not think this should include in our history since it has no effect among us. I am trying to be straight here.

History in Bangladesh quiet different than in Bharat/India. I persoally did not know about this character. I thought name Bharat associted with hindu religon.

Have you ever wonder where did "Bangladesh" came from ?:azn:

It came from the Bengal which always been a separate entity from present day India.

Poor history...:hitwall:

Etymologically, the word Bangladesh is derived from the cognate "Vanga" which was first mentioned in the Hindu scripture Aitareya Aranyaka (composed between 500 B C and 500 A D). Legend has it that Bengal was first colonized by Prince Vanga, the son of King Bali and Queen Sudeshna of the Lunar dynasty.

Bangladesh country information

Now time for a change.

It came from the Bengal which always been a separate entity from present day India.
Oh yeah. Thats why the British fought a battle in Bengal, Plassey to be exact, to establish their rule in India and set their capital in Calcutta till 1912.

this is what I call a "Bhookha-deshi" on steroids.............. apparently he got few minutes away from trying to sneak into India :D

Better luck next time bro!! am sure there is a rickshaw for you to pull in Kolkatta:lol:

Well, whats wrong with the name India? I dont like this stupid name changing business. Bloody politicians will try and get a mileage out of anything.

Duh...Geographical boudaries doesnt make you the owner of a culture...it is who practises the culture to-date that determines the owner.And as such we r the rightful owners for everything that took place in "present day "Pakistan till 712 AD (the year Bin Qasim landed in Sindh).

So you are telling me that since you are a Hindu somehow my history belongs to you? If we were to follow your logic, Iranians have no rights over ancient persian history since their culture and religion has changed :P? jeez, i wish there were an iranian here. Or even more funny Italians have no rights over Roman history?

I am a Kamboja(Kamboh) and proud to be it, look at that map that was posted before, youl see my ancestors right in the top left in modern afghanistan/pakistan. As far as i can see you are from Tamil Nadu and hence probably a Tamil, how on earth then are you "the rightful owners for everything that took place in present day Pakistan". How on earth does Kamboja history belong to you then? enlighten me please

So you are telling me that since you are a Hindu somehow my history belongs to you? If we were to follow your logic, Iranians have no rights over ancient persian history since their culture and religion has changed :P? jeez, i wish there were an iranian here. Or even more funny Italians have no rights over Roman history?

I am a Kamboja(Kamboh) and proud to be it, look at that map that was posted before, youl see my ancestors right in the top left in modern afghanistan/pakistan. As far as i can see you are from Tamil Nadu and hence probably a Tamil, how on earth then are you "the rightful owners for everything that took place in present day Pakistan". How on earth does Kamboja history belong to you then? enlighten me please

Good to know that you're a Kamboj. Kamboj are one of the ancient historic communities of Punjab, just like the Gakhars. I have a few Kamboj friends in Indian Punjab.

and what will the name change do ? have this been explained ?
I think it will further divide people on the name of religion

Its not going to Happen , even BJP wont agree to this
Simply becoz Bharat is allready the official name of India in HINDI
Even the indian government is called Bharat Sarkar in Hindi
India is the name of our country in English.
I dont think that broader legislators will agree to changing the official English name to Bharat
And Frankly , Congress High Command will not agree to this

1. Anyone who proposes that India's changing its name to Bharat would indicate expanionist intentions - that person must be working for the British Empire consciously or unconsciously.

2. Were Bharat to use its correct name, Bharat, then it would be signalling a rejection of the brutality, barbarism, usury and intent to loot of the British Empire.

3. About Pakistan:

(a) Pakistan was created as a result of the British Empire's strategy of divide, stoke disharmony and ongoing bloodshed, and quit.
(b) It is a true cliche that there have always been more Muslims on the southern (Bharati) side of LOC than north of it.
(c) In any case, government ought to be secular.
(d) Government for the general welfare - which is the only legitimate form of government - is of course founded in principles which are also found in the great monotheistic religions, which of course include Islam, Christianity and the Vedic current within Hinduism.
(e) Principles towards promotion of the general welfare are not found in the current of the Shiva-Shakti Cult within Hinduism which an illegitimate and evil orientation within Hinduism. This illegitimate and evil orientation has ancient roots and represents a corruption (probably deliberate) of the Vedic current. This is similar to Aristotle being the conscious enemy, as agent of the Persian Empire, of the Socratic and Platonic teachings in Athens.​

4. Pakistan's ISI has been heavily infiltrated by British Intelligence from almost the date dot. These infiltrators have ensured ongoing senseless, mutually destructive and bloody conflict with Bharat.

5. It is only the sovereign industrial nation state that represents and defends the general welfare of human beings individually and collectively. This has been the case since the 1648 Treaty of Westphalia, which is represented in its highest form in the American Constitution (though the USA under the Bushes and Obama has been largely ignoring its Constitution in official policy including foreign policy), but the concept dates back to Solon of Athens.

6. Pakistani nationalists and humanists should encourage the development of the national industrial potential for Pakistan, Bangladesh and India. This must include a mass-scale buildout of civilian nuclear energy capacity, as well as water projects such as the Brahmaputra River redirection project.

7. Ultimately, there can be no other moral direction for Pakistani nationalists and humanists than to reject British intent. The inexorable consequence of this has to be to agitate for Pakistan and Bangladesh to both be merged back into Bharat. This would promote the political conditions needed for the stability and prosperity of the entire subcontinental region, alongside the promotion of and respect for the language groups and cultural orientations of the subcontinent.

Back
Top Bottom