What's new

India to be called 'Bharat' ?

May be we evolved to a higher form ! Please don't start flame wars. You could have answered it more sanely.

What I said is true...except if he is of Turkik or Arabic ancestry.

I dont know how to say it more sanely..

The minorities already dont have anything left to be hurt further so its not an issue i guess.

Janaji....it was a Muslim Dr Kalam who designed the Agni missiles to "hurt" you or anyone who dare mess with India.So pleaseeeee......

Last edited:
Bharata is a legendary emperor of India, referred in Hindu and Jain mythology.

He was the first to conquer all of Greater India, uniting it into a single entity which was named after him as Bhāratavarṣa. According to the Mahābhārata, Bharat's empire covered all of the Indian subcontinent, Bactria, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgistan, Turkmenistan, and Persia. The Republic of India is officially known as Bharat in Hindi.

EpicIndia.jpg

By the way, where is the name Bharat came from.

May be we evolved to a higher form ! Please don't start flame wars. You could have answered it more sanely.

with the type of lynching in sialkot which is very too common in pakistan, Isn't it more of a reverse evolution towards barbarianism?
Give it a thought !!

leave it guys,it not gonna happen

and @Jana about minorities,please stop writing Kafir on the chest of dead Hindus:rolleyes:

What I said is true...except if he is of Turkik or Arabic ancestry.

I dont know how to say it more sanely..

Janaji....it was a Muslim Dr Kalam who designed the Agni missiles to "hurt" you or anyone who dare mess with India.So pleaseeeee......

This kalam palam is as much muslim as sharukh khan or salman khan. Keeping idols in home and praising them invalidates your identity. Having a muslim name is one thing but practice makes you muslim not the name alone. On that scale even we fare equally nil so lets not make it a hindu vs muslim debate. That idealogy has been long dead ever since Jinnah went to his grave and Ghandi went to his pyre.

I thought it was Bharat already. By the way, where is the name Bharat came from.

yeah right!! What a joke....:lol:

long long age before you were born .......there was a great king called Baratha.....and you do not know about it because your history teachers claim that your history lasted from the time of mugals(since you dont know your roots before that)......but i would like to let you know that unlike yours ours was more ancient....

well back to Baratha.....
Bharata (Sanskrit: भरतः) is a legendary emperor of India, referred in Hindu and Jain mythology.
He was the first to conquer all of Greater India, uniting it into a single entity which was named after him as Bhāratavarṣa.[citation needed] According to the Mahābhārata[citation needed], Bharat's empire covered all of the Indian subcontinent, Bactria, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgistan, Turkmenistan, and Persia.[citation needed] The Republic of India is officially known as Bhā*** (भारत) in Hindi and Bhāratam (भारतम्) in Sanskrit after Bharata

Bharata (emperor) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

india is called Barath after him

Bharata was the name of the king who had conquered what is now India, Pakistan and almost all Bangladesh...His reign was knownas Bharat-varsh ....and hence the name Bharat.

It has no religious or any kinds conotations....

THat being said --its a stupid idea....India is the way to go ...

Erm, actually many people would think it does have religious connotation given that Bharata's reign is only documented in Hindu religious mythology books such as Ramayana and Mahabharata.

There aren't much or any historical evidence to prove such a king existed.

As for the change, I don't think it's gonna happen. But we can clearly see that the MP's have great amount of free time on their hands to think about such trivial things. Clearly according to them, there are no other problems in India, that they want to discuss such mundane and controversial issues.

This kalam palam is as much muslim as sharukh khan or salman khan. Keeping idols in home and praising them invalidates your identity. Having a muslim name is one thing but practice makes you muslim not the name alone. On that scale even we fare equally nil so lets not make it a hindu vs muslim debate. That idealogy has been long dead ever since Jinnah went to his grave and Ghandi went to his pyre.

Don't engage in mudslinging on our leaders... give respect you will get respect ..otherwise we can also do the same and more to your national icons and leaders.

religion, faith ,god are a person's private matter..mind your own business with regrds to it.

...you are bl**dy no one to judge ..who is a Muslim and who is not!!!

And strapping bombs and blowing yourself in crowded marketplaces makes your a true worshiper of Allah? Stop acting like the Taliban. What do you know about Mr. Kalam's personal life? He is one of our best presidents ever, and has done more for India's progress than most other leaders. Attacking others' level of faith betrays a sense of insecurity. And please spell Mahatma Gandhi's name correctly.

with the type of lynching in sialkot which is very too common in pakistan, Isn't it more of a reverse evolution towards barbarianism?
Give it a thought !!

I have no opinion on the Bharat thing but I just like to point out Evolution doesn't work like that. It doesn't have forwards and backwards.

guys can anyone open a new thread of "World trade center in Bangalore,INDIA"
source: Bangalore gets its World Trade Center | Projects | Construction News | ConstructionWeekOnline.in

Wrong thread, but i"ll post it in the members section.

ontopic

list of names of India.
Indoi - Greek

Hind- name in Arabic/Persian/Urdu

Hoddu - Hebrew

Aryavarta - name in Sanskrit.

Bharat - traditional/local name.

Tenjiku(meaning the heavenly center of the world) - Japanese.

Shendu - Chinese

finally

India - British / Latin / english.

From all the above names if you had to choose an official name that represents a country which in modern times is a pluralistic, multilingual, multiethnic ,multi-racial , secular and democratic.

India is the only one which qualifies if you don't want it be biased in anyway.

I"ve reposted my post from the thread

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-history/7961-motivations-behind-selecting-name-india-1947-a-21.html

So now we are aware why Bharat is not a good choice as it makes a subtle reference to a Hindu India,which will be name of our country when we declare ourselves as a Hindu state.Until then we"ll go along with India.

Last edited:
Changing its name to Bharat will show the world Indias true intentions are expansionist! This wouldnt be such a smart move, besides the word India is known throughout the world. Because of this name, India has monopoly over all events that took place in modern day Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal etc.

Changing its name to Bharat will show the world Indias true intentions are expansionist! This wouldnt be such a smart move, besides the word India is known throughout the world. Because of this name, India has monopoly over all events that took place in modern day Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal etc.

If changing names..gives us monopoly over other countries ..then I vote for changing the name to United Nations..that way we ll have the monopoly over the entire world..now that is truly expansionist.:azn:

Another congressi looking for some cheap publicity.........

India is fine, Bharat is used colloquially anyways, why force it?

Bharat reminds me of Mr. Bharat Kumar aka.... Manoj Kumar:D

I hope they don't decide to change Delhi's name, it is the last of 4 major cities to hold on to its original name, Calcutta, Madras and Bombay have already fallen prey to this name change non-sense.

I have no opinion on the Bharat thing but I just like to point out Evolution doesn't work like that. It doesn't have forwards and backwards.

I believe he was talking in terms of societal evolution, from a lawless barbaric society to one that adheres to laws.

I am sure you would at least concede that mob lynching in Sialkot wasn't a progressive step.

Back
Top Bottom