What's new

India test-fires ballistic missile interceptor

Ours will also be employing it. The current test involved lowest tier of interceptor called AAD that uses radar homing and is for 30Km altitude interception. PDV interceptor is for altitudes of 150 Km interception and will be employing dual-mode terminal seeker i.e., both the active radar seeker, plus an imaging infra-red seeker.

The third layer is planned to tackle low-flying cruise missiles, artillery projectiles and rockets in the line with the overall aim to achieve "near 100% kill or interception probability".

Cool.. entirely new info :woot:

Phase I -2014
Phase II - 2016
Phase III - before 2020

we can make air-defense destroyers with phase I & II + barak 8 ER (for regular cruise missile defense.) It will be a killer combo :taz:

Will this technology allow India to eventually make interceptors for it's ships?(destroyers, etc)

Would be nice to have miniaturized versions of the series on Indian ships.

Waiting for AD-1 and 2.

Will this technology allow India to eventually make interceptors for it's ships?(destroyers, etc)

Would be nice to have miniaturized versions of the series on Indian ships.

Waiting for AD-1 and 2.

India is already working with Israel on Barack8 and the propulsion technology of Barack 8 is provided by DRDO.

check the DRDO website in their products list.
never had heard that DRDO had developed MFCR.

It was the LRDE division that developed MFCR which is a AESA-based tracking radar, it was
tested in previously launches of the BMD missiles.

Cool.. entirely new info :woot:

Phase I -2014
Phase II - 2016
Phase III - before 2020

we can make air-defense destroyers with phase I & II + barak 8 ER (for regular cruise missile defense.) It will be a killer combo :taz:

Good for India. I do have a question here. If the internal ballistic interceptor program is going so well, why are you guys looking to buy the IronDome from Israel? Will that make two tiers or something else??

Good for India. I do have a question here. If the internal ballistic interceptor program is going so well, why are you guys looking to buy the IronDome from Israel? Will that make two tiers or something else??

TRISHUL: Iron Dome Under Indian Army’s Scanner

Iron Dome is for intercepting MBRLs, rocket artillery etc.

The BMD is for the full spectrum of ballistic missile threats ranging from SSM/SRBM to ICBM, which
will be covered in Stages-I/II/III.

Plus its not economical to launch a AAD for every cheap low-cost MBRL the enemy fires, an equally
low-cost system is needed that can be procured in large nos. like Iron Dome, which is for assisting
forces in live battlefield, unlike BMD which is deployed in defense of strategic targets.

Why even your US army were interested in it, dont you guys are known to have the best of everything?

Back
Top Bottom