What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@ AU, how many F16s does PAF operate, and how many J17s are in service?
Enough to kick some serious butt of the enemy now! Go figure out the numbers yourself! :):guns:

Asian Union
I feel like you are giving too much credit to the Pakistani indigenous capability, our home made fighter success is largely a result of Chinese growth in aeronautics, they provided the avionics, designed the plane and our jf-17s carry Chinese armaments. Pakistans role is ever increasing but lets not compare with the LCA, whatever it is now, the IAF doesn't have the same urgency that the PAF does. India does not have the same fear of sanctions and lack of funds...they can easily scrap the whole program and buy all their planes from the outside if they so desired.

As for the topic at hand. Both Rafale and Eurofighter are superb aircraft, cant go wrong with either. I would think the Rafale fits the role of a multi role aircraft better. Having the Eurofighter will replicate many of the strengths of the su-30mki. None the less, either way, the IAF wins. The PAF also loved the two aircraft, and if we had the money back in the day, we most probably would have gone for them.

Affirmative, hadn't Pakistan "not" decided to have a "joint venture" with China and made Jf17 Thunders to operational level with 2 squardrons flying defending Pakistani Air Space, Pakistan condition would have been what is now "Indias", unable to have LCAs or Tejas in squadron levels - spending huge sums to buy western aircrafts.

Spending billions is better or spending enough to home-make comparable aircrafts. I know it bode well for Pakistan long-term, the MMRCA decision.:azn:

Such is the difference between us. Hope you're happy with the Rafales.
Such the Difference between a Real SuperPower and a Wannabe...:lol:

India wished they could build their own MMRCA to counter J-20...:P

let them have their Rafale, its a 4th gen fighter, Nothing compared to the latest tech J-20...:china:

Enough to kick some serious butt of the enemy now! Go figure out the numbers yourself! :):guns:

does that mean loosing a third of PAF planes like last time?

The reason I asked was since you were railing on us for getting a full TOT euro plane while you guys have more F-16s (compared to jf17s) without TOT.
A look at the mirror will do wonders to your arguments

Affirmative, hadn't Pakistan "not" decided to have a "joint venture" with China and made Jf17 Thunders to operational level with 2 squardrons flying defending Pakistani Air Space, Pakistan condition would have been what is now "Indias", unable to have LCAs or Tejas in squadron levels - spending huge sums to buy western aircrafts.

What's 'Pakistani' in the JF-17?

India scraps Gripen from its jet shortlist - The Economic Times

STOCKHOLM: India has scrapped Saab's Gripen from its fighter jet shortlist in its drive to modernise its armed forces, the Swedish aircraft builder said on Wednesday.

"Today defence and security company Saab AB has received information from the Indian ministry of defence that Gripen has not been shortlisted for the Indian Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) programme," the company said in a statement.

India is planning to replace its fleet of 26 ageing MiG 21 Soviet-era jets to the tune of some 11 billion euros ($16 billion). Other than Saab, it is also considering France's Dassault, Russia's MiG, America's Boeing and Lockheed Martin , Europe's EADS , Britain's BAE Systems and Italy's Finmeccanica as possible suppliers.

"We have received this decision and will closely monitor the future process and provide additional information if requested by the Indian ministry of defence," SAAB chief executive officer Haakan Buskhe said. He insisted the Gripen was a world class fighter, and that India was being offered a "very competitive price".

The Gripen is already in service in the air forces of Sweden, the Czech Republic, Hungary, South Africa and Thailand, the company said. The jet was first deployed operationally in the current NATO strikes on targets aligned to Libyan leader Moamer Kadhafi .

Dont mind either the sexy omni-role Rafale or the EF either one will be just fine

I disagree.
The Rafale, right now is actually in FULL service! including advancement of tactics.
These MMRCA contracts are going hand in hand with the Tejas program. How? well, let me use an example

Tejas program being part of the larger deal with MMRCA means Tejas as of now is a flop, by that I would like to point a few points:

- It has been years and years since LCA and Tejas have been in "indigenous" development.

- Without MMRCA, India still can get complete knowledge and engine ToT for Tejas and LCA. This shows lack of confidence and a weakness in your jets with MMRCA.

- Would you be willing to spend billions on buying foreign tech or rather spend lesser in your own tech and produce at home, while spend the rest eliminating the poor millions of Indians from slums.

TOT(transfer of technology) doesnot allow you complete transfer of equipment, materials, designs etc etc...you are still dependant on the seller for a long long time as in the case of Su 30 MKIs. The spare parts are still arriving from Russia and the cost of plane is still the market value as sold to other countries although TOT has happened.

Rafale has defects, and all knows about it, rather I would ask you how many buyers are there for the over-priced Rafale jets?

does that mean loosing a third of PAF planes like last time?

The reason I asked was since you were railing on us for getting a full TOT euro plane while you guys have more F-16s (compared to jf17s) without TOT.
A look at the mirror will do wonders to your arguments
What about you, you have "NONE" as compared to our JF17s ? And Jf17 numbers by end year would be 42. There is no envy of India getting Rafale or EFs but I was rather pointing out that your Tejas and LCA have failed completed with no operational squadrons and so goes that "indigenous" Indian tag.

Secondly, Rafale jet a rejected jet with or without Tot with such price is a "BAD" decision, I would still go for Gripen - NG, F-18s or F-15 the Silent Eagle(stealth) version. EF with anyone of my mentioned planes is far deadly combination than Rafale & EF.

Anyways GOOD LUCK with your purchases.

What's 'Pakistani' in the JF-17?
Enough Pakistani in it, to make India fell on its knees in the coming war. And we donot require to buy Rafales and EuroFighters, Su30s for that matter.:chilli:

Tejas program being part of the larger deal with MMRCA means Tejas as of now is a flop, by that I would like to point a few points:

- It has been years and years since LCA and Tejas have been in "indigenous" development.

- Without MMRCA, India still can get complete knowledge and engine ToT for Tejas and LCA. This shows lack of confidence and a weakness in your jets with MMRCA.

- Would you be willing to spend billions on buying foreign tech or rather spend lesser in your own tech and produce at home, while spend the rest eliminating the poor millions of Indians from slums.

TOT(transfer of technology) doesnot allow you complete transfer of equipment, materials, designs etc etc...you are still dependant on the seller for a long long time as in the case of Su 30 MKIs. The spare parts are still arriving from Russia and the cost of plane is still the market value as sold to other countries although TOT has happened.

Rafale has defects, and all knows about it, rather I would ask you how many buyers are there for the over-priced Rafale jets?

What are you blabbering about? Get your thoughts in order and then come up with a coherent post.
First you club LCA program with MMRCA - when LCA has nothing to do with it. LCA and MMRCA are very two different platforms/requirements for IAF.
Secondly, without as much as doing a little research, you are convinced that LCA is a failure (your criteria being?) and then go on to blabber about how indigenous programs are better than buying foreign stuff.
Then you again blabber like the village dimwit about Su-30MKI's production when you have no idea about HAL's manufacturing capabilities.
And lastly, you yap about Rafale's defects. What do you know about them? DO you even know how an aircraft flies? FYI, the best pilots dont fly the MKI, they are assigned to the Mirage. If there's any light burning upstairs, that should give you some information/idea.

Hate...:lol: I actualy Pity the 800 million of illiterate Indians your goverment don't feed just to buy weapons instead of build them

Fellow don worry...we know well how to deal with all those... In the same time we have to deal with neighbor also... So this is Just for them… In case If need some more then we will order some Chinese…

Enough Pakistani in it, to make India fell on its knees in the coming war. And we donot require to buy Rafales and EuroFighters, Su30s for that matter.:chilli:

the coming war?? deal with the one you already have on your hands boy.
yes you do not require rafaels and eurofighters, you need electricity to power the fan above your head first.

India scraps Gripen from its jet shortlist - The Economic Times
The Gripen is already in service in the air forces of Sweden, the Czech Republic, Hungary, South Africa and Thailand, the company said. The jet was first deployed operationally in the current NATO strikes on targets aligned to Libyan leader Moamer Kadhafi .

Thankyou for the link mr Indian, to finally prove my point, Rafale with no customers and a Gripen NG with " 5 " customers. You do the math, who wins, hands down. EF and Gripen NG, the better choice, FAIL IAF, FAIL India again! :):cheers:

Hate...:lol: I actualy Pity the 800 million of illiterate Indians your goverment don't feed just to buy weapons instead of build them

Haha! Pity pity. Those 800 million Indians are "less important" than the super cool Rafales and EuroFighters. :devil::chilli::rofl:

:china::pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom