What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Quite Amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol the moment Sancho and Prateek come to an agreement on the capabilities in the MRCA thread I will start a thread :D

what is the equivalent of the PIRATE on the Rafale ?

LOL, not going to happen, because he don't even read his own sources properly, that's why I have to correct him so often. ;)

PIRATE on EF => FSO on Rafale
DASS/ PRETOREAN on EF => SPECTRA on Rafale

But both systems are more capable on the Rafale, FSO incorporates a TV channel that gives Rafale pilots the advantage to visually identify enemy fighters at way longer range. That's the way they often are able to make the first BVR shot and that's said to be the way how they shot down the EFs during ATLC.
SPECTRA incorporates also interferometry techs, which allows Rafale pilots to geolocate enemy radars, be it from fighters, or ground threats. Combined with MICA IR and AASM, it gives the Rafale pilot the advantage to attack an enemy, without using the radar and giving away it's position.

cartoon.jpg

LOL, not going to happen, because he don't even read his own sources properly, that's why I have to correct him so often. ;)

PIRATE on EF => FSO on Rafale
DASS/ PRETOREAN on EF => SPECTRA on Rafale

But both systems are more capable on the Rafale, FSO incorporates a TV channel that gives Rafale pilots the advantage to visually identify enemy fighters at way longer range. That's the way they often are able to make the first BVR shot and that's said to be the way how they shot down the EFs during ATLC.
SPECTRA incorporates also interferometry techs, which allows Rafale pilots to geolocate enemy radars, be it from fighters, or ground threats. Combined with MICA IR and AASM, it gives the Rafale pilot the advantage to attack an enemy, without using the radar and giving away it's position.

I hate to agree but RAFALE indeed seems to have achieved better fusion of sensors..
However in case of EF- Since development is till on, So final product will turn out better than Rafale.

Any news on the virtual stealth of the rafale?? the active cancellation in the spectra suite?..... is it included in the package to india??? does it even work??

I hate to agree but RAFALE indeed seems to have achieved better fusion of sensors..
However in case of EF- Since development is till on, So final product will turn out better than Rafale.

It has less to do with the development stage, but with the development aims, the EF was developed as an air superiority fighter, that's why a big radar, high speed and maneuverability, or carrying many AAMs were prime factors (same as at the MKI!). Rafale on the other hand was developed to be as good as possible in all roles, that's why they compromised on radar size, but focused on passive detection features. That's why it carries less BVR missiles, but more fuel tanks and heavy weapons...

lol the moment Sancho and Prateek come to an agreement on the capabilities in the MRCA thread I will start a thread :D

The problem is EFT is a highly evolving platform and no one knows for sure if a particular capability that is promised is actually there on the platform or even if it is there in what phase it is in - integration or testing or live firing etc.

Same is the case with Rafale, though to a lesser extent.

@jha,Kaushik - what is the equivalent of the PIRATE on the Rafale ?

the Rafale utilises the THALES Front Sector Electro Optical System or the Optronique Secteure Frontal for both use in visual signatures as well as an internal IRST.all the core sensors of the rafale are confined in an Integrated Modular Avionics also called Multi Data Processing Unit which includes flight management,data fusion,man-machine interface

Back
Top Bottom