Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have sympathy with Americans ;)

708383c4-4ff3-46c5-b322-6ada9f618c43.jpg

Euro Fighter with Indian tricolor in IAF
4037738115_d0a0a6ea4e.jpg

this is the best combination :yahoo:

Is it not performing well ? Or are you in French bashing mood ?

It is performing all right..Its just our dependency on them (even though its a JV ) which i dont like..And no I am not in French bashing mood.
I am just not comfortable with their arrogant attitude..

Terrible news for "Russia", the strategic partner "America" and "Sweden" !!!

EuroFighter is a good choice by India but French Rafale with possibly no customers, damn bad, India didnot made a good choice and sheer waste of money. Gripen NG would have been a far better choice,

Pakistan should be atleast part happy with Indias choice of "Rafale" and part worried about "EF", to be frank honest about it.

The above mentioned strategic partners have been given multi billion dollars defense deals apart from this tender, so there is absolutely no diplomatic failure on our part, its a Win Win situation for all....

can anyone imagine and tell how would be the reply and coments of our advesaries in PDF if india shortlisted F-16 and gripen by chance ::::: ;)

Lets keep it out of topic for some time...

was there not an article posted here-- speaking to the French aircraft that was not able to sell to anyone other than the French- had a huge investment from the French govt- infact it was teetering on its govt not being able to keep it propped up anymore ?

You want us to sell an aircraft which only the puppies of US buy and for which we have to sign endless **MAs like EUMA,CISMOA,CEMA,REEMA,KAREEMA etc and for which we have to hitch our wagons permanently with the US wagon to ensure reliable supply of spares and not face sanctions ?

NO.

How come some idiots are rooting for Rafale simply because it looks good? Are you guys idiots? Choose a plane based on a multitude of factors, technology just being one. I hope we look at aircraft where we get to improve our existing aircraft industry.

Take a look at the MRCA thread and learn the capablilites of Rafale before loudmouthing here.

A bird (Rafale) in hand is worth two (EFT) in the bush -

The above mentioned strategic partners have been given multi billion dollars defense deals apart from this tender, so there is absolutely no diplomatic failure on our part, its a Win Win situation for all....

yeah i can understand your point, EF seems a deadly jet but Rafale with everyone evaluating it and rejecting it. Its overpriced and just a okay jet to be honest. Pakistan should be kinda happy for it in a way.

Inside talk is Pakistanis were thinking Gripen NG to be more deadly than the Rafale jets.

L1 (cheapest bidder) should win.

So, which is cheapest, the Rafale or the Typhoon? I don't know.
what say you???

When we take the reported figures to account, the Rafale with around $80 millions flyaway cost per unit, while the EF fits between $90 and 100+ millions. Given the fact that the Rafale operational cost were aimed at Mirage 2000 level and they purposly rejected too many features that requires more maintenance (fixed instead of retractable refuelling probe, no air brake...) and the commonality IAF has with Mirage 2000s, the Rafale should be cheaper to operate as well. Especially when we take the official reports about EFs cost increases in the RAF to account, which showed that everything went beyond the initial planing.

yeah i can understand your point, EF seems a deadly jet but Rafale with everyone evaluating it and rejecting it. Its overpriced and just a okay jet to be honest. Pakistan should be kinda happy for it in a way.

Inside talk is Pakistanis were thinking Gripen NG to be more deadly than the Rafale jets.

Keep on inside talking.... like J10 is better then f22.

kesey??.....Kaala jadu chalaya hei kya??....Remember Lowest L1 Bidder of teh shortlisted, Goes to Rafale:)

lowest bidder fidder choro. India ko EFT chahiye. :meeting:

Its the future. Huge options for upgrades. Four country partnership. Many other buyers. Technologically best. I do not think there is any lowest bidder. IAF said that those must meet the requirements and should be better than others and the money is constant $10.4 billion. Now you meet the IAF requirements and then proof better than other qualified fighters.

OT Tuskers gone for 74...

Ishant Sharma is BACK.. A Flawless performance by him..

What do you think of this..?

777 Howies,C-17s, P-8I,C-130 J - US happy

PAKFA mega deal,Mig-29 Upg, Brahmos hypersonic version, Addl MKIs ,Akula subs - Russia happy.

Barak,ELTA Radars, other Avionics - Israel happy

Additional Scorpene,Mirage upg +P-75I + FREMM - France happy

Eurofighter Typhoon as MRCA- EU Happy...

Much more realistic, above all bests of the bests in India.

JF-17 will be wasted if Gripen is chosen by PAF.

Back
Top Bottom