What's new

India says no to Afghan arms plea

India should give money to Afghanistan to buy more weapons.

There is more than one reason why India is giving aid to Afghanistan in the first place, one of those reasons is to counter Pakistan's influence in the region. The second is to protect its assets in Afghanistan and develop a good relation with it's people, so much so that even if the current gov falls, India will still be welcomed in Afghanistan with open arms (this relates to countering Pakistan's influence).

Plenty of nations are giving non-lethal aid to Afghanistan, in fact, it's said that 80-90 percent of the government's yearly budget comes from foreign donors. Not to mention development investment too.

Anyways, giving military aid would be a terrible idea from an Indian defence perspective. It would raise alarm bells in Islamabad and might embolden ANA into fighting PA over the border between the two nations that the ANA don't recognize. In such a case, the ANA would try and drag India into the conflict, which India doesn't want to deal with. The ANA has already tried to pick a fight with PA over the border and drag the US into the fight, the border skirmish a while back proves as much, because we had Afghan politicians urging the US to help them fight against the PA. Thankfully, the PA showed extreme restraint and the US resisting ANA pressure at going to war with a nation with a powerful army and nuclear weapons, so the situation was calmed down.

india is the largest non military aid provider to afghan. yes india don't want to fight in afghan against PA. non-military aid will help to gain hearts and minds of afghan people. large number of afghan students are studying in india for free, this will increase positive attitude of afghans towards india.

I was referring to "imran khan moment", when he allowed the batsman after being bowled out to go and bat again as he started to whinge :rolleyes:

Sorry, my mistake I thought about his recent activity but he was very superior in cricket field but I unable to mean your phrase because I am still young & when he retired I was in my parents lap:D

does india have that kind of money to give away?

Every nation has their own standards according to their economy.
Like Indian defence budget more than pakistan budget & pakistan defence budget more than Afghanistan budget.

does india have that kind of money to give away?
Well, its called strategic investment, just like few countries give money to few organizations to cause trouble in our country while they don't have money for their own people.

Back
Top Bottom