What's new

India, Saudi Arabia To Discuss Joint Weapon Projects

In event years we have had more ToT than I can fit in one post. Feel free to google "Saudi transfer of technology" the amount pf technology that is currently in our position and in such a short time have been called "technology transfer revolution" plus the fact that defense industry is getting record amount of funding and for the first tie ever our defense industry got a 3 billion dollars budget alone for R&D this year should tell you something not to mention right now countries are jumping to us for similar deals. I realize it doesn't compare to Russian or American military R&D funding but hey it is something not to be ignored.

Well, i don't really have an answer to that , since i don't know much about saudi defence industry. Though there was a thread recently about saudi arabian weapons.
Here you go.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/general-images-multimedia/156923-made-saudi-arabia.html
Now whether they actually did R&D or just paid money and got the technology is anyone's guess

I was waiting for the right time t post that. This year Saudi Arabia will hold local defense industry exhibition for the first time on its history in later months I expect many things to be unveiled then.

A toast for our new found friend. :cheers:

Saudi and India should cooperate in Joint Project with Russia, we both can learn from them. Presence of Russia in Saudi market seems to be too less.

why only weapons...:hitwall:i think whole world looking towards India as a potential buyer of weapons only..nothing else:bad:

First of all, funding our enemies military projects will relieve them of most of the burden for funding the project themselves, which they can allocate for other research. Secondly, Saudi cooperation is indirectly supporting our enemy, unless you think that those weapons you and your new ally will be producing won't be used against Pakistan in event of a war??

Not really, most of what we have you are not interested in, mostly due to the fact that since Pakistan has a small defense budget therefore we have less to offer in certain fields, unlike indian which is spending billions of R&D while at the same time purchasing 70% of its weapons from Western countries as well as Russia, they have access to the best tech unlike Pakistan.

You have a point, however this is only a speculation, we don't know the reality behind this "defense pact", so far the only thing keeping Pakistan and india from going at each others throats was the Strategic Balance, which india has upset by building up its Army, Navy, Air force, and strategic forces as well, add to that American and now Saudi joint cooperation.

Well, honestly tell me, what does Saudi have to offer to india when it comes to defense research and development that india doesn't already have?

An industrial base? But india already has that.

Scientists and engineers who are experts in the field of defense R&D? But india already has them in large numbers, on top of that israeli assistance, Russian assistance, French assistance, German assistance, they have the input from the best of the best the world has to offer, do you honestly think Saudis can provide indians input far better than those of Israelis, Russians, French, American, British, and Germans??

The only thing Saudis can offer is $$$ and oil, i'm not trying to be rude or racist or arrogant, yes Saudis have made a lot of strides in recent years, but india has been in this field for way to long, even NASA has a lot of indian scientists and experts, not to mention india can launch its own Sat into orbit. They even have their own jet program even though they have suffered a lot of setbacks but they have made improvements.

As much as i despise the indians, they sure are a shrewd and determined adversary.

Wake up ...you guys are just Indians alsono difference even though you may reside in Pakistan. India's biggest weakness is funding and we can learn a lot from SA as well in certain areas of expertise that they may have. Pakis always downplay them but I believe they have some world class capacity. For SA, its a win win, they get reliable partners and access to jointly develop products that will help build their scientific base.

I am sick and tired of people especially Pakistani portraying us Saudis are one step ahead of monkeys in mental capacity.

for all cry baby here.. Pakistan now should support nuclear Iran..once Iran get access to nuclear weapons..Pakistan's importance gonna shoot high for KSA coz of their Nuclear weapons.

As much as I hate to admit this here. But in reality I found more respect towards me and my country from Indian members than I got from Pakistani "brothers". It is really sad but this the truth of what I found.

Pakistanis are in a perpetual state of denial, blaming others for their problems.

They will progress and make friends when they stop blaming their supposed friends for their own created problems.

what weapons exactly?

plus there is a panic in the world diplomacy after Indo Iranian petroleum deal. KSA indeed does not want to loose it's oil export into India to Iran. But that is not going to happen, we need oil from both. And it is Good India welcomes every one for a long, prosperous and healthy friendly relations.

why only weapons...:hitwall:i think whole world looking towards India as a potential buyer of weapons only..nothing else:bad:

Right now Indians are going through a phase. It's only a matter of 3-4 years.

Back
Top Bottom