What's new

India, Saudi Arabia To Discuss Joint Weapon Projects

Military exercise is completely different. Here we are discussing defence pact and potential joint-venture of weapons to be used against Pakistani interests. Read Jarha's post above.

Ofcourse this defence pact is not in Pakistan's interest. But is Pakistan in a position to tell Saudis what they can or can't do in pursuit of their independent foreign policy?

It will still be more like trade relationship than defence relationship. @Jarha is dreaming a little.

anyway, answer my first question first. who needs good pak-saudi relationship more, pakistan or KSA? and why?

I think both are interdependent. We have helped them and they have done so vice versa. By doing this KSA is provoking two countries. China and Pakistan.

Ofcourse this defence pact is not in Pakistan's interest. But is Pakistan in a position to tell Saudis what they can or can't do in pursuit of their independent foreign policy?

Not really but I think China and Pakistan hold some political weight together.

I think both are interdependent. We have helped them and they have done so vice versa. By doing this KSA is provoking two countries. China and Pakistan.

Not really but I think China and Pakistan hold some political weight together.

Stage 2 of argument.Enter the dragon !!! :woot:

Don't understand why you getting all worked up for.Don't you same guys laugh at Saudis on other threads for not even being able to produce a decent car ?

Well I think this agreement will not harm Pakistan materially but it will certainly hit their ego.

From the time of Islamic summit and Nuclear test('Islamic Bomb') , Pakistan was thinking itself leader of Islam or as Zaid Hamid says "Muslim ummah ki akhiri chattan" (last rock of Islamic world), This is a reality check for Pakistan being cornered in it's own game.

As I said earlier china itself does military exercises with India, and hopefully in coming years this cooperation will increase further. so don't think this deal with KSA will provoke anyone..not even pak..

KSA is just doing whats good for them. Can't dictate them, can we?

Well I think this agreement will not harm Pakistan materially but it will certainly hit their ego.

From the time of Islamic summit and Nuclear test('Islamic Bomb') , Pakistan was thinking itself leader of Islam or as Zaid Hamid says "Muslim ummah ki akhiri chattan" (last rock of Islamic world), This is a reality check for Pakistan being cornered in it's own game.

Most of us couldn't give a damn. I see the Saudis as an impediment to improving relations with neighbours like Iran. I want Pakistan and Saudis to move away from each other.

I am somewhat surprised that Saudis would choose Indians after all India is hardly known for its success stories with Arjun and Teja etc. Hopefully it will encourage Pakistan to move away from KSA influence and draw Iran and Pakistan closer

i don't think that's the right way to go about it my friend. Even if india grows closer to Saudi, Pakistan can still maintain it's usual relation with Saudi. Taking sides in diplomacy is not the right way to go about it.

I am somewhat surprised that Saudis would choose Indians after all India is hardly known for its success stories with Arjun and Teja etc. Hopefully it will encourage Pakistan to move away from KSA influence and draw Iran and Pakistan closer

We understand you are a bit touchy about your religious brothers but if KSA needed
Alkhali and jft they would contact the Chinese directly, no?

i don't think that's the right way to go about it my friend. Even if india grows closer to Saudi, Pakistan can still maintain it's usual relation with Saudi. Taking sides in diplomacy is not the right way to go about it.

Yea that may be so but I think that the Saudis are a blemish on this world. I mean give e a break a country named after one family whose foreign policy is concerned only with its own survival. I want Pakistan to move away from countries like Saudis

Unfortunately Iran has created own mess and so can not give you oil on differed payment. It will be disaster in offing if Pakistan move away from Saudi. there are only two 'friends' that Pakistan has , it's China and Saudi. Saudi will remain beneficial to Pakistan. it's not Zero sum game nor either choose India or Pakistan. Saudi can have good relation with both of two.

We understand you are a bit touchy about your religious brothers but if KSA needed
Alkhali and jft they would contact the Chinese directly, no?

Sorry to disappoint you mate I would be very happy if Saudis went away from Pakistan.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Unfortunately Iran has created own mess and so can not give you oil on differed payment. It will be disaster in offing if Pakistan move away from Saudi. there are only two 'friends' that Pakistan has , it's China and Saudi. Saudi will remain beneficial to Pakistan. it's not Zero sum game nor either choose India or Pakistan. Saudi can have good relation with both of two.

You reckon lol. But I do hope that our relations suffer with Saudis you guys are welcome to them

Yea that may be so but I think that the Saudis are a blemish on this world. I mean give e a break a country named after one family whose foreign policy is concerned only with its own survival. I want Pakistan to move away from countries like Saudis

Yes you may want from Pakistan whatever you wish , but I think Saudi from now own want a Pakistan with lesser animosity towards India.

Don't think Saudi will be pressures by Pakistan and China (especially) after what China did to the US proposed UNSC sanctions resolution on Iran.

Back
Top Bottom