What's new

India’s $1B Deal for Light Helos Faces Cancellation

Awsome i always hated this deal. I support its cancellation. I want hal luh to serve india not some foreign easy import.

Good, but our forces can't afford to wait and HAL can't offer a ready developed and mature helicopter anytime soon either. I really can't understand these kind of blind love for indigenous develoments, when our industry still hasn't finished a single of the new aircraft development successfully! LCA, IJT, Saras, UAVs trainers and so on, everything delayed, in trouble trough the development and so on.
What's even worse is, that any important IA deal is constantly killed by themselfs because of bribery issues. Can somebody tell me the last competition that was done and finished by IA, because I can't remember one that easily. When these guys will learn that they are playing with the nations security and even their own lifes, by spoiling these important deal for years?

even the prototype of HAL LUH is not in air...lolz

Good to see at least one that is thinking rationally!

At this rate, no country will ever trust us. This is the third time we're canceling this deal.

Next time we call a tender, the suppliers will expect MOD to finance all the demonstration which the MOD will do from OUR money.

Fcking losers. I just hate that worm Anthony. He and his mistress are pathetic and an embarrassment to the nation.

YES IT IS A DAMN EMBARRASSMENT!!! The world already sees us as incompetent to field competitions and trials, just like the see us only as a heavy for bribery. But not Antony is the embarrassment because he is doing his job right, it is the IA officer that might took the money!

I don't understand why tender needs to be cancelled at this point eventhough AgustaWestland is no longer part of the tendering process. The competition is only between Eurocopter and Russia's Kamov.

That's correct, I don't see a reason either, because that has nothing to do with the shortlisted helicopters and would only have to be investigated to see if AgustaWestland needs to be blacklisted from the Indian market and if similar happend in the VIP helicopter deal as well.

India has gone bankrupt. Not surprising considering their economy tanked and Russia is milking them for all they have left with the museum-piece carrier :rofl:

India has gone bankrupt. Not surprising considering their economy tanked and Russia is milking them for all they have left with the museum-piece carrier :rofl:

Oooo Lord of High IQ..please read the article to begin with.....

This article seems to be based on like 4 different narratives if 4 different completions- the LUH, VVIP helo, old LUH (cancelled one). He decision has not been made by the DAC and i certainly feel this deal could still go through.

Sorry ....nice try but .........the joke did not work ......

Chinese still need to learn a lot in the jokes department. Unfortunately humor is not your forte. Courtesy ...Hail Mao !!!

Dont get angry that an Indian chopper wasn't an option. The reason for this is because no such chopper exists. HAL's LUH is still a an idea and not even a single prototype exists.

India's defense cannot be held hostage to appeasing poorly run defense PSU's that produce obsolete equipment that will get people killed.

India developed the Dhruv.

India developed the LCA with composites and such.

I wonder why India cant develop a Light Utility Helicopter? I am a bit puzzled. Of course there is tons of technology involved, but cant we use our experience and come up with a goddamn helicopter?!!!

I wonder why India cant develop a Light Utility Helicopter? I am a bit puzzled. Of course there is tons of technology involved, but cant we use our experience and come up with a goddamn helicopter?!!!

National security cant wait till HAL develops such choppers... Chetak/cheetah life time is up.. Prototype will be ready only by 2013, and after that various performance tests etc.. Minimum might take 5-7 years... Life cant wait for these choppers...
Artillery, Tanks, now choppers are delayed by IA..

Dont get angry that an Indian chopper wasn't an option. The reason for this is because no such chopper exists. HAL's LUH is still a an idea and not even a single prototype exists.

India's defense cannot be held hostage to appeasing poorly run defense PSU's that produce obsolete equipment that will get people killed.

Chetak has a pretty decent history with regards to safety. Only recently have we heard abt crashes. They are old now. needs replacement, not PSU's fault. HAL LUH will fly next year. ofcourse testing will take time, till then may be army has to use dhruv, mi-17 and old chetaks.

Kindly do some search. Indian is already working on LUH and first ground test prototype will soon be available.

Hopefully this deal will be cancelled. Hal lch will definitely fly by 2013. Man this time I want Indian army to accept this machine.

you people have really nice brains if deal sign you guys dance for deal if cancel you congs for cancel :P

you people have really nice brains if deal sign you guys dance for deal if cancel you congs for cancel :P

Yes because we are in the middle of a shift from foreign to Indian. Helicopters and avionics are now being built in India then why go foreign. :p

Back
Top Bottom