What's new

India rejects trilateral security pact with Australia, US

India not aware of proposed security pact with Australia, U.S.

(Reuters) - India is not aware of a proposal to enter into a security pact with the United States and Australia, the foreign ministry said on Thursday, pouring cold water on statements made by Australia's foreign minister.

Australian Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd said in an interview with the Australian Financial Review newspaper on Wednesday that he backed the creation of a trilateral security deal and that the response from the Indian government had been "positive".

"We have seen media reports about the comments attributed to the Australian Foreign Minister Mr. Kevin Rudd on a possible three-way economic and security pact with the U.S. and India. We are not aware of any such proposal," India's foreign ministry spokesman said in a statement on its website.

Talk of such a pact could fuel China's worries of being fenced in by wary neighbors.

It was unclear why Rudd, a Mandarin-speaking Sinophile, would risk irritating Australia's top trade partner China which is already nervous that U.S. President Barack Obama's latest diplomatic push into the Asia-Pacific is part of broader U.S. policy to encircle it.

But Rudd earlier this month said Australia's security arrangements with the United States were not "snap-frozen in time," and while China wanted to see the elimination of U.S. alliances in East Asia, Australia disagreed.

Indian defense analyst Uday Bhaskar has said India was unlikely to enter into such a pact, partly out of reluctance to risk riling China, and partly because of its long history of keeping out of such arrangements.

India not aware of proposed security pact with Australia, U.S. | Reuters

Not even close. :lol: Also, read this article from the Economist:

Comparing India and China: Chasing the dragon | The Economist

According to the Economist, India is 40 years behind China in terms of social indicators. :azn:

And now your growth rate is slowing down to 6.9% with double-digit inflation too.

I know that article from you only, you have posting same graph for last one year in hundreds of threads.

Meanwhile what about the big number 150000000 poor people.
Where do you hide all these people, none of china's photos show poverty.
Thats an incredible job by ccp to hide these people in remote interior of country.

India accepts poverty is huge problem and working on it.
But china assumes especially you speak as if all the people in chinese earn thousands of dollars each day and rridicule india as well as africa.

I feel exactly the same way about Indians here. :azn:

There is not one single Indian member here who I have found to be reasonable or fair. They all consider themselves to be better than their neighbours, yet according to the UN Human development report they still haven't even been able to beat Africa. That is the difference between their perceptions and reality.

@chinese Dragon, you have hit the nail on the head. Indians have this attitude of superiority viz a viz the rest of the World. Let me explain the reason behind this arrogance. If you look deeply at the Indian Hindu philosophy of the caste system, you will find the answer for this arrogance. The highest caste of Brahmins think they are better than other caste and this hierarchy runs its gamut through the structure of the Caste system. That is the root cause of Hindu arrogance because from their birth they are raised with this arrogant attitude that they are better than others.

P.S. It is not my intention to be mean but I am approaching this from an academic perspective in trying to explain arrogant Indian attitudes.

@chinese Dragon, you have hit the nail on the head. Indians have this attitude of superiority viz a viz the rest of the World. Let me explain the reason behind this arrogance. If you look deeply at the Indian Hindu philosophy of the caste system, you will find the answer for this arrogance. The highest caste of Brahmins think they are better than other caste and this hierarchy runs its gamut through the structure of the Caste system. That is the root cause of Hindu arrogance because from their birth they are raised with this arrogant attitude that they are better than others.

P.S. It is not my intention to be mean but I am approaching this from an academic perspective in trying to explain arrogant Indian attitudes.

That kind of makes sense actually. :azn: Their mentality has been traditionally been based in the caste system, so their hateful attitude towards both of us should not come as a surprise.

After all, Chinese and Pakistanis are not Hindus. :lol:

And to study this you came to India along with Chinese Dragon...
Common guyz dont cook khyali Pulao..

India has Allies ?

Please share the news with us because the curiosity is killing me.

ya atleast we dont have "Allies" like the US which comes to your own country and bombs the crap out of you while you sit and watch. India's allies have benefited India immensely in the past, India's position in the world is a testament to that.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

This decision shows India's spine, we make our own decisions and stick by them. Proud of my country :) Jai Hind

there is no caste system in hinduism...it is a bad manipulation that has caught hinduism like a parasite.....muslims should not speak about caste system because islam is just few thousand years old and there are 72 sects already...let your religion get as old as hinduism..

What the hell is the matter with the ozzies?

Poking there noses in every place nowadays.
Because they've got a massive inferiority complex! No one seems to listen to them. They are so far 'down under' somewhere in the Southern hemisphere that they're completely off the world's radar screens!

So now, they think it's high time they need to be heard if not seen! The yakitty yak with the proverbial Australian accent has thus commenced. :argh:

What is called for is cordial relations, and good cooperation. No need for a formal alliance.

As for China - they have to choose what kind of relations they want to have with India. As of today their priority is to support Pakistan. India will obviously have to be prepared for any worst case scenario.

venu309 said:
But I've yet to come across a Chinese member who has any of the qualities I mentioned earlier. You just cannot hold a decent debate with them, because they are arrogant & abusive.

I feel exactly the same way about Indians here. :azn:
There is not one single Indian member here who I have found to be reasonable or fair.
Actually, there is a familiar pattern among everyone, to look into the posts made by members of other country and ignore the ones made by members of their own country/ or they just laugh it out. Hence such comments come out. It would be foolish to make such pattern matching on people of an entire country.
There is one topic in this forum on Sino-Indian war which was mostly discussed between Joe Shearer(India) and CardSharp(China) and it was such a wonderful one to read about. I think, even Chinese Dragon made some few points in it. I think after that his account seems to have got hacked by some aggressive person and he is still to get his account back :). So please refrain from making such intelligent comments on entire nationality.
On Topic, this is a very good stand by India to remain non-aligned. We got to maintain the relations with Russia.

Gokul.

There is one topic in this forum on Sino-Indian war which was mostly discussed between Joe Shearer(India) and CardSharp(China) and it was such a wonderful one to read about. I think, even Chinese Dragon made some few points in it. I think after that his account seems to have got hacked by some aggressive person and he is still to get his account back :). So please refrain from making such intelligent comments on entire nationality.

LOL, ask Cardsharp then. He knows me. :azn:

And he knows exactly why I am no longer friendly to Indians on here.

btw, you sound too much like greyboy2 :)

You can request IP checks all day long, they don't cost anything for the moderators. :lol:

You will see that we are most likely in different corners of the world, since I think greyboy was an overseas Chinese living in America.

Back
Top Bottom