What's new

India rejects TN resolution against Sri Lanka

It is a completely misleading to say that SL sided with Pakistan in 1971. One should remember that SL was a non-align country and we treated both India and Pakistan equally. There fore it was not regarded as supporting Pakistani war effort by SL decision makers. It was regarded as helping a fellow south Asian nation enrolled in a civil war. The fight between India and Pakistan as regarded as a issue with each respecting nations.

That makes zero sense. When you support a side in a war you no longer remain non aligned. Being non aligned means supporting neither sides.

Why is suddenly Indians talking large about China? This threat has always existed in one form or other - US in 1980s and now China. And see my response to Srinivas - SL is not a friendly country every since its independence.
India srilanka always had a average relationship because of the Tamil cause and Indian interests in it. Why do you think China increasing it's footprint on our neighbourhood will not endanger our security and interests in that region ? China was always there but not as strong or mighty as it is today.if India from the beginning supportd the simhala then they would have been an allay of India but we sacrificed that for the cause of Tamils in our neighbourhood, and rightly so but we can't go all out against lankan govt, we will loose the power to diplomatially control the srilankan govt to settle the Tamil issue and a military intervention is out of question, basically you can bend it but if you break it you and the concerned parties will be the loser.

Its their internal matter and no interference is required unless it affects Indians
Nationality and National interests should be above any kind of regionalism.

India srilanka always had a average relationship because of the Tamil cause and Indian interests in it. Why do you think China increasing it's footprint on our neighbourhood will not endanger our security and interests in that region ? if India from the beginning supportd the simiala then they would have been an allay me India but we sacrificed that for the cause of Tamils in our neighbourhood, and rightly so but we can't complete go all out against lankan govt, we will loose the power to diplomatially control the srilankan govt to settle the Tamil issue and a military intervention is out of question, basically you can bend it but if you break it you and the concerned parties will be the loser.

Expected response from a non-Tamil Indian - Lets agree to disagree and we will continue discussions in non-TN, SL threads.

Its their internal matter and no interference is required unless it affects Indians

And who defines the national interests and regional interests and what constitutes as one? - You need not answer it - it is more of a rhetorical question.

Expected response from a non-Tamil Indian - Lets agree to disagree and we will continue discussions in non-TN, SL threads.

And who defines the national interests and regional interests and what constitutes as one? - You need not answer it - it is more of a rhetorical question.

All I am saying is they are Lankans first then Tamils
This is the same reason why the whole Middle east is F****d up: people vouching for others in name of religion/language and eventually deteriorating relations with neighbors

This is the same reason why the whole Middle east is F****d up: people vouching for others in name of religion/language and eventually deteriorating relations with neighbors

either win Sri Lanka and lose Tamilnadu or vice versa , India's choice

I suggest taking some pain killers would help, Making stupid resolutions by a bunch of retired third class TN actors wont

am sorry dude. i didn't mentioned about srilanka's internal issue. i mentioned about only that TN fisherman's attacked by srilankan navy. in that resolution also i supported that point only. not about your internal matter. and i failed mentioned that in my previous post.

Non-tamil Indians have a valid question on why the TN bleeding hearts beats big for SL tamilians if only India has not interfered and hijacked SL tamil issue for its own benefit - not going to repeat the details as I have clearly stated what that is above in other posts - and now you can't wash off the hands when it is the tamilians who are handling all the fallouts and we tamilians in TN and SL were involved knee deep in the SL/TN politics for 1000s of years. Not going to let the issue drop now just because GOI had made a 180 degree turn.

Beyond that, I am not going to get into discussions on this topic.

India has raised enough voice and action where ever it is necessary, what Tamilnadu did with separate ezham resolution is a over kill and unnecessary, so govt of India did good by rejecting the resolution.

once again am sorry to you also. i failed to mention my point clearly in my previous post. that i supported for tamilnadu assembly resolution about tamil fishermen's not about there internal issue. just lack of time i just typed and moved. so its my mistake not typing my complete view.

either win Sri Lanka and lose Tamilnadu or vice versa , India's choice

India a country where skin color, language, food habits, dressing, culture change if you travel 500Kms
Despite of the vast diversity we are a single entity
You have no clue about India

India a country where skin color, language, food habits, dressing, culture change if you travel 500Kms Despite of the vast diversity we are a single entity
You have no clue about India

Good and thank the British for that, I mean the single entity called India !!

India srilanka always had a average relationship because of the Tamil cause and Indian interests in it. Why do you think China increasing it's footprint on our neighbourhood will not endanger our security and interests in that region ? China was always there but not as strong or mighty as it is today.if India from the beginning supportd the simhala then they would have been an allay of India but we sacrificed that for the cause of Tamils in our neighbourhood, and rightly so but we can't go all out against lankan govt, we will loose the power to diplomatially control the srilankan govt to settle the Tamil issue and a military intervention is out of question, basically you can bend it but if you break it you and the concerned parties will be the loser.

The merit in your argument is flawed. Why do you think are the British and the Americans or the Australians close allies? Because they have respected and tried to support the diaspora of their original population whenever needed.

The fact that the Lanka India relations are stressed due to the Tamil cause is correct. However, please understand that it is not a handicap that there are Tamils in Lanka. Actually this is an asset. India does not need to fight with Lanka for our Tamils but at the same time also not abandon the Tamils in Lanka. If Lanka wants to hold the Chinese card in India's face then no need to get so much flustered. Any country in the world can do it. Long term diplomatic relations are not based on mollycoddling. Neither is it a case of being the highest bidder. If the Lankans want bidders then better not participate. However, instead India should evaluate these matters economically. China nevers gives a free lunch. Neither should India. It there is going to be some sabre rattling then why not do so. The maritime boundary renegotiation will be a pretty good starting point. We need to suppor the Sri Lankan Tamils to come to the mainstream in Lanka over the period. That is the message that the Indian Tamils need. The histrionics aside, even the Tamils in India need that comforting approach from their country.

Good and thank the British for that, I mean the single entity called India !!

You can thank India for Singapore too. One look at your culture, your langauge and your king should be enough to evoke those feelings.

Non-tamil Indians have a valid question on why the TN bleeding hearts beats big for SL tamilians if only India has not interfered and hijacked SL tamil issue for its own benefit - not going to repeat the details as I have clearly stated what that is above in other posts - and now you can't wash off the hands when it is the tamilians who are handling all the fallouts and we tamilians in TN and SL were involved knee deep in the SL/TN politics for 1000s of years. Not going to let the issue drop now just because GOI had made a 180 degree turn.

Beyond that, I am not going to get into discussions on this topic.

You are correct, however the histrionics of the Dravidian parties is certanily not helping the Tamil cause too. This is more for local consumption and has no statesman like merit.

You are correct, however the histrionics of the Dravidian parties is certanily not helping the Tamil cause too. This is more for local consumption and has no statesman like merit.

+++++++++1

These parties are vying with each other to be seen as champions of tamil issue when they saw the non-political agitations by the students and the professionals.

The merit in your argument is flawed. Why do you think are the British and the Americans or the Australians close allies? Because they have respected and tried to support the diaspora of their original population whenever needed.

The fact that the Lanka India relations are stressed due to the Tamil cause is correct. However, please understand that it is not a handicap that there are Tamils in Lanka. Actually this is an asset. India does not need to fight with Lanka for our Tamils but at the same time also not abandon the Tamils in Lanka. If Lanka wants to hold the Chinese card in India's face then no need to get so much flustered. Any country in the world can do it. Long term diplomatic relations are not based on mollycoddling. Neither is it a case of being the highest bidder. If the Lankans want bidders then better not participate. However, instead India should evaluate these matters economically. China nevers gives a free lunch. Neither should India. It there is going to be some sabre rattling then why not do so. The maritime boundary renegotiation will be a pretty good starting point. We need to suppor the Sri Lankan Tamils to come to the mainstream in Lanka over the period. That is the message that the Indian Tamils need. The histrionics aside, even the Tamils in India need that comforting approach from their country.

You can thank India for Singapore too. One look at your culture, your langauge and your king should be enough to evoke those feelings.

nobody is opposing the idea that Tamils rights should be protected, only defence is about the measures and the stand we should take.
if Indian govt pass Tamil ezham resolution then forget a friendly srilanka and we lose control over them. China will reach out to srilanka with arms, money and srilanka will allow them greater use of their land and sea to China. Then what happens to Tamils cause, we sit here in India and passing resolutions after resolutions will not change any thing on the ground. only option them is UN and in UN China will definitely return the favour to srilanka by vetoing any move, so ?what then ?
other than that India will lose face if it support Tamil ezham and then take a different stand on self determination of Kashmir.
lastly Tamils in Lanka right now is a liability, they will become an asset once they get their rights, we will ensure it but slowly and steadily.

I don't know how Shiv Sena & MNS and you respond if they were Maratis.............I can point out 3 adds running on all national medias portraying southies a bunch of jokers................Munch, CentreFresh and latest Idea...............Are Shiv Sena & MNS working in National interest or for interest of region..................

Back
Top Bottom