What's new

India Pakistan Partition BBC Special Presentation

My Sister-in-Laws father is very bitter about independence - I try to explain to him - it had to happen - but he is a Punjabi nationalist from their side of Punjab, he cannot except that Punjab had to be divided.

just sometime everyone was living peacefully in lahore and suddenly everything falls apart .... bloody politicians and bloody british

Gotta blame Indian leaders too like Nehru they let it happen

it was more to do with congress than jinnah who caused the partition. the chacha nehru had been the figure which has caused enough harm to india.

I think it pretty much helped India. I could see no harm in the Partition. Infact I view it as the single most good thing to have happened to INdia in a long long time.

Ofcourses the deaths are a sad part and I am not disputing it though.

Whatever happened in past doen't matter lot,matter of the fact is that we can still unit, not as a one country but as a brothers..
We know that there r many problems going on between us but then brothers do have differences between them..
We fought 4 times but still can't live without each other and also with eachother:lol:...
Indo-Pak rocks...:wave:

Nehru and the Congress were totally responsible - they were power hungry and willing to sacrifice millions.

Thank you Mr.Nehru...among all your misgivings this is the one positive thing you did.

I don't care if my countrymen disagree with me. But, I wish the partition never happened. It will always be a horrible blotch in our otherwise glorious freedom struggle. I blame the congress and the British. Jinnah had no option.

I certainly,unequivocally,loudly,remorselessly DISAGREE with you.

Partition (not the killings) was the best thing to have happened to India in a long long time.

May the Nehru Family rot in hell.

Let them rot in the deepest caverns in hell..but Partition is something I will not hold them accountable to.

It was due to security measures, use your brain little bit.

read the thing it says something diffrent

The musical equipment of the Sikhs was thrown out and their entry to the gurdwara barred due to the efforts of the Dawat-e-Islami, a Barelvi proselytising group, The Express Tribune newspaper reported today.

Anyway i agree with the points made leave it behind now no point bringing up old wounds just look to build bridges and live like what the great saints Kabir taught how to

In the west and in india, it mainly the Punjabis that feel closest to us.

Partition was most logical thing happened in year 1947. Thank god ,yes thank god it happened while the British was still present.

To decision stay together would have been disastrous , resulting in multiple civil wars with far more destruction and many more fragmentation of the indian sub continent.

Thats cause we speak the same lingo and eat the same kinda food and everyone like a bit of bhangra whether in pak side or india side.

Who is the us ?

If its the Pakistani Punjabis you are mentioning..Duh

If its the others you are mentioning ..then no.

Sindhis feel more closer to Gujratis, the Pashtuns to Afghans, the Muhajirs to Lakhnavis and so on.

Thats cause we speak the same lingo and eat the same kinda food and everyone like a bit of bhangra whether in pak side or india side.

Yeah cos no-one can party like us Punjabi's :woot:

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Who is the us ?

If its the Pakistani Punjabis you are mentioning..Duh

If its the others you are mentioning ..then no.

Sindhis feel more closer to Gujratis, the Pashtuns to Afghans, the Muhajirs to Lakhnavis and so on.

Calm down sonny, I meant the indian Punjabi's that feel close to us, we have a right royal blowout.

Aisam-Bopanna-640x480.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

very silly to generalize....I'm Pakhtun, I dont necessarily feel closer to Afghans. If one is at his senses and has a feeling of nationhood then the ethnicity part shouldnt get in the way.

Nehru and Sardar Patel played their cards well and prevented the Jinnah's original demand for a weak central rule with separate Muslim representation by rejecting the cabinet mission .

Had cabinet missions conditions were accepted then Jinaah would have got away with much bigger Pakistan at a later date rather than the moth eaten pakistan(his own words) he was forced to accept.

Back
Top Bottom