What's new

India Pakistan Partition BBC Special Presentation

i think this forum alone is proof (or a signal of sorts) that partition was a blessing :laugh:

moreover, you blame Congress while we credit Quaid e Azam Sahib. The people themselves wanted Partition, and its the people on the ground who matter.

ironically, the only Muslims against partition were the hardliner Deoband clergy ---who actually went AGAINST the Muslim League.......something that people like myself will never forgive them for.

These topics are discussed on PDF before, no need to discuss them again.

Had it not been faulty politics of congress which suck till today and are reason for the majority of problems in the political system, the partition would have never happened.

May the Nehru Family rot in hell.

As I said earlier, history is not your strong point & your biases are not valid historical references.

it was more to do with congress than jinnah who caused the partition. the chacha nehru had been the figure which has caused enough harm to india.

They let Lahore which was a Sikh city fall to them i cant forgive them for this

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

my grandad told me the stories of how Sikhs were butchered but in the end the brits have to take the blame

Last edited by a moderator:
i think this forum alone is proof (or a signal of sorts) that partition was a blessing :laugh:

moreover, you blame Congress while we credit Quaid e Azam Sahib. The people themselves wanted Partition, and its the people on the ground who matter.

ironically, the only Muslims against partition were the hardliner Deoband clergy ---who actually went AGAINST the Muslim League.......something that people like myself will never forgive them for.

The conflicts on this forum are more of political in nature and are the reason for what happened post 1947. People are hardly concerned who belongs to what? people are there from christian community in pakistan like raja who fight equally and there are members from india from muslim community like desiman who fight for india and pakistan rather than being hindus or muslims.

And above all most of them is BS and no one actually cares to be true. Religious fanatics apart from both sides and you know we have ample of them even on this forum (though they are my personal fav love pissing them off)

Ideologically in past 65 years and quite ironically the population has been grown to hate the other one on the grounds of being arch enemy and once you start doing that you dont need to be james bond to find out faults with the other side.

Just copy paste a chicken seekh kabab over and the same hindus and muslims would be on the same table with knife and fork who were fighting on the other thread. :D

actually it was Sikhs who massacred more Muslims....

as for Lahore, well -- every year Sikhs visit in HUGE numbers and are treated and received well.

many Sikhs still reside in Pakistani Punjab as well as in my native Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. They are patriotic citizens.

as for Lahore, well -- every year Sikhs visit in HUGE numbers and are treated and received well.

many Sikhs still reside in Pakistani Punjab as well as in my native Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. They are patriotic citizens.

Yeah you believe that we don't.

see thats the whole point. you say we were killed more and we say ours were killed more. there is no actual statistical data to proove that.

but the pain of each mother cannot be calculated if she lost a hindu son or a muslim son or a sikh son. it was the day when india burned a day when india cried.

see thats the whole point. you say we were killed more and we say ours were killed more. there is no actual statistical data to proove that.

well in the end, millions were killed....and then after our countries were formed we were already going to war over an issue that should have been resolved bi-laterally in a mature manner. The emotions and hatred were just too high i think. It's sad.

i think we can both agree that both sides saw massive bloodshed. Much of it was needless bloodshed, but on both sides people were either forced or ''inclined'' to basically leave their homes and belongings behind. In some cases, people didnt even have enough time to evacuate their homes; they were butchered and burned by mobs.

but the pain of each mother cannot be calculated if she lost a hindu son or a muslim son or a sikh son. it was the day when india burned a day when india cried.

India became india and Pakistan became Pakistan......forget the past, in this particular context it's quite useless at this point.

look towards the future and both nations should look towards finally living side by side as proper and civilized neighbours. If French and Germans could put aside their animosity and become regional powers, no reason why we cannot.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Forget it i aint gonna get into this now

why you gave up so easily? just be casual yaara, and explain what you meant

but I believe what my grandad told me and he lived in Pakistan b4 partition

Last edited by a moderator:

Not all Deoband people. Many relatives in my maternal side(mother's father side) are deoband & are very strong patriots of Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom