What's new

India Pakistan Partition BBC Special Presentation

Brother the difference between you and me is.
You like pastries, I like the whole damn cake and i like to want it.
Mughals had this cake lol :D

it will not happen again(muslim rule of whole subcontinent ) :P

Mughals had this cake lol :D

it will not happen again(muslim rule of whole subcontinent ) :P

History repeats itself.
Remember Muhammad bin Qasim, Sher shah Suri, Mehmod Ghaznavi.
To all indians: Its not a troll.
Just Chill Broz..

History repeats itself.
Just Chill Broz..
it was wars of sword during their age..now its war of technologies. now you cannot win wars with swords but you need to be powerful in technologies as well as resources

Tc guys, See you all later fighting in other threads...

History repeats itself.
Just Chill Broz..

don't go that deep in to history... just remember past few decades AKA post 1947... you will remember 1971, Kargil, US drones etc...

Just for you mikkix Its not a troll ;)

don't go that deep in to history... just remember past few decades AKA post 1947... you will remember 1971, Kargil, US drones etc...

Just for you mikkix Its not a troll ;)

Which Kargil? where Pakistan beat your @$$3$ & you ran to US?

Which Kargil?

Kargil... where brave Pakistani Soldiers died while performing their duty towards their nation and the GoP denied to take back there dead bodies stating that their army is not involved in it...

where Pakistan beat your @$$3$ & you ran to US?

do you want to say anything about 1971 too... how and whose @$$3$ are beaten...
or about US drones...how and whose @$$3$ are still beating up...

Stop posting lie, word Hindu had been derived from the river Sindhu, the word Hind came from Sind. Hindu Kush came after Sindhu river which flows from that HinduKush range. Sindhu river was dividing line between Middle East Afghanistan & Subcontinent & people from Middle East made the name Hindus meaning people across the river Sindhu.

Now I have seen it all; a Pakistani who thinks the Indus originates in the Hindukush.

Seems you have comprehending problems, i said that they talked in Urdu but they call it Hindi, later i learned that Hindi was similar to Urdu.

Best to understand what is being said before commenting on other people's comprehension abilities. You were talking about people from South India speaking Urdu & calling it Hindi, others pointed out that most S.Indians don't speak Hindi (urdu?) very much, so your point is based on erroneous assumptions in the first place.

The partition is easily one of the biggest blunders of humanity. A peaceful subcontinent is now a nuclear battleground with old brothers ready to slit each others throats. Its truly saddening that we cannot live as brothers again like we used too, it would be so nice to have that feeling again between us.

Ab jo ho gaya so ho gaya...us par rone se kya faayda?

Aage ki socho...itihaas badal nahi sakte par bhavishy to bana sakte hai naa..

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Ab jo ho gaya so ho gaya...us par rone se kya faayda?

Aage ki socho...itihaas badal nahi sakte par bhavishy to bana sakte hai naa..

I always try to read and assess the Partition as a total mess up (rather than good/bad thing) which is root cause for the current volatile political situation of the subcontinent from two angles.

1)Concept of partition
2)process of partition

I think Congress is responsible for first one and both All India Muslim League, British were responsible for the second.

Reasons for mess up (Concept of partition) : Not giving proper representation to Muslim Community.
The Congress Never made serious efforts to enlist the Muslim community in its struggle for Indian independence, which made part of the Indian muslim Community apprehensive; which led to the concept of partition to be born.

Reasons for mess up (Process of Partition) : Process of Partition was too quick for the then apprehensive people of the country.

Muslim league:
Leaders were not firm (confused ?) in their demands; whether to for Independent Country or For greater Autonomy for Muslim majorty Provinces in a united India (Even though Idea of seperate state for Muslims in India was hatched in 1930, picture was only clear to the people of the country only in Lahore Resolution during 1940 from where active campiagn for Pakistan was started. Still untill 1944 there were attempts by Jinnah and Gandhi to reach a single-state solution. !!).

(Hindus and the Muslims belong to two different religions, philosophies, social customs and literature.... To yoke together two such nations under a single state, one as a numerical minority and the other as a majority, must lead to growing discontent and final destruction of any fabric that may be so built up for the government of such a state....Jinnah At a League conference in Lahore in 1940). If this was his argument then why did he try for a separate country from the beginning itself ? why he still tried to negotiate for a greater autonomy in united India till 1944 ?

British:
The british after world war 2 were totally exhausted and wanted to get rid of the mess in subcontinent; by washing their hands as quickly as possible (As shown in documentory by OP). They failed to ensure smooth partition to take place by providing adequate time frame for migrants from both sides to cross the border under proper Law and order condition. After all it was their duty as they have ruled subcontinent and robbed wealth through excessive taxes and other means.

However if you analyse the results of partition today, I personally think concept of Partition itself was good for both India and Pakistan. It filtered out the people who thought that hindus and muslims cant live together, from Republic of India for good, and fulfilled the aspirations of Pakistanis who got seperate country according to their wish. But the scars made by partition process still haunts.

However time is the best healer for wounds created, and its better to forget the past and look forward for future. :cheers:

peaceful co-existence for centuries --well that's debatable. Except when the Mughals were in power there was a good semblance of inter-faith harmony and social progress
I almost fell down from my chair seeing that!! haha

Back
Top Bottom