What's new

India & Pakistan Ceasefire Violations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firing at LoC near Poonch, Pak fires at Indian posts

In yet another ceasefire violation, troops from Pakistani side started firing across the Line of Control (LoC) at the Indian side on Sunday morning. The firing started at 9 am.

In incident was reported in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir.

Three Indian posts which are under fire are Chajamal, Kranti and Koda.

More details are awaited
Firing at LoC near Poonch, Pak fires at Indian posts

balancing equations i guess...whatever RIP to the soldier may god his family strength

In the words of a BSF soldier I met once on a train - "We dont need to fire at them as we are not pushing anybody across the border".

Now we all know who is pushing people across the LoC to create mayhem on the other side. :coffee:

Well that is what BSF & Army guys are gonna tell you, as that is exactly what you guys need to hear.

But in their tales of truth, they might forget, how when they get drunk, they start cursing at their Pakistani counterparts and then get an answer in the forum of a bullet, which either escalates or cease fire comes into effect. Or even in their drunken rage they start firing too. Same goes for Army also.

I also remember how an Army captain told me that he went on a firing rampage which ended with a white flag being shown from the Indian side. The firing rampage started on the Indian day celebrating Holi, when an Indian drunk soldier started cursing and abusing the pakistani side and got a befitting reply.

Well that is what BSF & Army guys are gonna tell you, as that is exactly what you guys need to hear.

But in their tales of truth, they might forget, how when they get drunk, they start cursing at their Pakistani counterparts and then get an answer in the forum of a bullet, which either escalates or cease fire comes into effect. Or even in their drunken rage they start firing too. Same goes for Army also.

I also remember how an Army captain told me that he went on a firing rampage which ended with a white flag being shown from the Indian side. The firing rampage started on the Indian day celebrating Holi, when an Indian drunk soldier started cursing and abusing the pakistani side and got a befitting reply.

What you say could be true as well since stress levels would be high on the border. But what I was talking about was the general trend. Incidents like Holi would happen how many times? Once or twice a year? But providing covering fire to insurgents crossing the LoC would be responsible for about 99% of the firing incidents.

So in effect ur saying only the Indian army or BSH gets drunk,starts firing and the Rangers only retaliate.
C'mon whom r u kidding....?? We both know that neither the Rangers nor the BSF are saints and they routinely do these so that they do not forget how to pull their trigger.

And...forgot that some days before 2 BSF soldiers were killed by Pak firing.
Then also its Indians starting,now also its Indians starting. :disagree:

Cmon we know both know more than that.;)

Any ways RIP soldier....

What you say could be true as well since stress levels would be high on the border. But what I was talking about was the general trend. Incidents like Holi would happen how many times? Once or twice a year? But providing covering fire to insurgents crossing the LoC would be responsible for about 99% of the firing incidents.

Well the 99% percent figure is from your side.

And do remember infiltration doesn't happens with a burst of gunfire or with small arms fire, rather infiltration is most effective when heavy fire takes place, means artillery and mortars. With small arm fire you can only engage the forward visible positions, not the ones which are behind the first line of defensive posts, and we all know India has not a single line of defensive posts, rather its multi-tiered defensive positions.

Thus doing infiltration with engaging just the visible posts is no good nor is feasible nor is attempted.

So in effect ur saying only the Indian army or BSH gets drunk,starts firing and the Rangers only retaliate.
C'mon whom r u kidding....?? We both know that neither the Rangers nor the BSF are saints and they routinely do these so that they do not forget how to pull their trigger.

And...forgot that some days before 2 BSF soldiers were killed by Pak firing.
Then also its Indians starting,now also its Indians starting. :disagree:

Cmon we know both know more than that.;)

Any ways RIP soldier....

Before not fully understanding the context don't make up things which are not being discussed. Do check the thread where 2 BSF soldiers got killed, i specifically said no side is saint, nor it is one sided affair. Clapping is done with both hands.

Its always a mixed affair, both sides do the first trigger pull on different occasions.

And who starts first is also not known by us.

Your media will say it was Pakistanis first, ever heard Indian media saying it was India itself first, same for this side of the border,never says Pakistan fired the first shots.

Before not fully understanding the context don't make up things which are not being discussed. Do check the thread where 2 BSF soldiers got killed, i specifically said no side is saint, nor it is one sided affair. Clapping is done with both hands.

Its always a mixed affair, both sides do the first trigger pull on different occasions.

And who starts first is also not known by us.

Your media will say it was Pakistanis first, ever heard Indian media saying it was India itself first, same for this side of the border,never says Pakistan fired the first shots.

Thanx for clarification......Ur first post sounded like its always the BSF which pulls the trigger first.
And i just wanted to set it right....

Interesting point. An Indian soldier (BSF/Army) gets drunk and starts abusing Pakistani soldiers/rangers and they respond by shooting bullets? The Indian soldier (according to your story) has atleast the excuse of being drunk. What is the excuse for the Pakistani behaviour? Don't they know any abuses to hurl back? Can't believe that after having been on this forum for some time? And why do you think firing live ammunition when some one intoxicated is cursing you is a "befitting" reply?

Pakistan soldier killed in Kashmir border firing: military

ISLAMABAD: A Pakistani soldier was killed on Sunday in firing allegedly by Indian troops at the border between the South Asian rivals in disputed Kashmir, the military said.
“A Pakistan army soldier embraced shahadat (martyrdom) due to unprovoked firing by Indians ... at Battal sector in Rawlakot,” it said in a statement.

“Pakistan has lodged a strong protest with Indians and demanded an immediate flag meeting, however intermittent firing is continuing at Battal sector,” it added.

Nuclear-armed India and Pakistan have fought three wars, two over Kashmir.

They each hold part of the Himalayan region but claim it in full.

Violence has sharply declined in Kashmir since they launched a peace process in 2004.

The insurgency on the Indian side of Kashmir has left more than 43,000 people dead since it erupted in 1989. –AFP

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/dawn-content-library/dawn/news/pakistan/22-pakistan-soldier-killed-in-kashmir-border-firing-military-aj-03

Interesting point. An Indian soldier (BSF/Army) gets drunk and starts abusing Pakistani soldiers/rangers and they respond by shooting bullets? The Indian soldier (according to your story) has atleast the excuse of being drunk. What is the excuse for the Pakistani behaviour? Don't they know any abuses to hurl back? Can't believe that after having been on this forum for some time? And why do you think firing live ammunition when some one intoxicated is cursing you is a "befitting" reply?

The behavior of Pakistani soldier is correct, if drunkenness is the behavior being shown by the other side. As in uniform drunkenness isn't allowed nor should be done, and then abusing, cursing is something which everyone replies to. Can anyone stand the mother or sister abuses ?? Not many can.

And those who mount those positions are in different state of mind compared to us, as they loose friends and comrades and consider each other enemies from their hearts, thus there is no one out there to moderate them or ban them from their posts. They carry live ammo and fire when their temper going over the boiling point.

Cursing once or twice is tolerable, but when you keep on going for dozens of minutes, then bullet is the only reply to stop such things. Its not that one curse and one bullet. They wait for quiet sometime and then fire order is given.

And don't take this seriously, as this is part of the game over there on the border. Hate and Love. The same captain that I am talking about even had tea breaks, lunch and dinner with his Indian counterpart, and you know who the Indian counterpart was, he was a JCO of the IA, not an officer. Due to this factor the IA soldiers had great respect for this same officer as an officer giving them such treatment meant a lot for them especially from the opposing side. This is military tradition, to give respect to each other and it happens a lot out there on the LOC as many posts are on the same peak or hardly 5-10 meters apart, thus such exchanges take place, but when things go high, same men become enemies too and fire.

So do not take such things on the heart, they are a reality and are being shared for knowledge as many of us don't know what goes on over that LOC.

Anyway, such deaths on both sides of the border are unfortunate and hope in future they do not happen.

In the words of a BSF soldier I met once on a train - "We dont need to fire at them as we are not pushing anybody across the border".

Now we all know who is pushing people across the LoC to create mayhem on the other side. :coffee:

oh really?? this video is a must see for people like you then i guess here go enjoy!

:sniper: thank you DEEPAK KAPOOR!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pak troops open fire on six forward posts in Poonch

Jammu, May 23 (PTI) In yet another ceasefire violation, Pakistani troops today opened fire on six Indian forward posts in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir.

Pakistani troops violated ceasefire by indulging in small arms firing on six Indian posts from 0905 hrs today along the Line of Control in Krishnaghati area, 210 kms from here, Brigadier Gurdeep Singh, 16 Corps, said.

He said that firing was continuing intermittently after Indian troops retaliated.

There was no casualty on the Indian side, the Brigadier General Staff (BGS) said.

Pakistani troops had also violated ceasefire in Krishnaghati sector on May 1 following which army had lodged a strong protest with the Pakistan Army.

In Islamabad, the military claimed that a Pakistani soldier was killed in the firing and demanded an immediate flag meeting to discuss the issue.

fullstory

Our soldier died and you guys are saying we opened fire.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom