What's new

India & Pakistan Ceasefire Violations

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are happy that Pakistani Soldier died. Stay happy. But i got sad when the indian soldier died. Thats the different between you and me.

well contrary to your expectations i am not happy with his death and i guess death is not something that can make anyone happy.

well contrary to your expectations i am not happy with his death and i guess death is not something that can make anyone happy.
Oh really. Doesn't seem like that way. Your comments shows more like in a celebrating tone than a sad grief.

There is something seriously wrong , something fishy which wants to escalate tensions between Pakistan and India find it and remove it for peace.

Oh really. Doesn't seem like that way. Your comments shows more like in a celebrating tone than a sad grief.

Some times things become complicated the more your try to expound
believe me that was not my intention :agree:

any ways no hard feelings brother jai hind

Indian army’s firing claims Pak soldier's life: ISPR

ISLAMABAD, Jan 19 (APP): A Pakistan Army soldier embraced shahadat on Tuesday and another sustained injuries during Indian army’s unprovoked firing at Line of Control (LoC), says Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR).

According to ISPR, the firing incident occurred in Keller Sector near Rawlakot at 1330 hours. Pakistan launched protest with India on the incident and demanded immediate flag meeting.

hmmm.. looks like revenge from the Indian Army to me. Hope that this does not start tit for tat actions up and down the LoC. We need the cease fire to hold for regional peace.
India needs to start talking to Pak soon as well.

Shouldn't let your imagination get the better of you, things are tense out there and by merely looking the other way may surprise India this time.

over the years I have noticed that people of both countries don't really get to know the other side of a story...specially about these border skirmishes...
just a week back there were rockets fired from the Pakistani side..and now this...I mean the death wasn't reported in the Indian media....
there is gross misinformation in this department.

over the years I have noticed that people of both countries don't really get to know the other side of a story...specially about these border skirmishes...
just a week back there were rockets fired from the Pakistani side..and now this...I mean the death wasn't reported in the Indian media....
there is gross misinformation in this department.

The tragedy on your side is the unleashed media, instead of playing a positive role, it resorts to whipping up a frenzy. Even during the Mumbai attacks, while the firefight was still in progress, Indian Media was already pointing the finger of blame, such tactics work momentarily, but as we witness in the aftermath, all credibility goes out of the window.

The tragedy on your side is the unleashed media, instead of playing a positive role, it resorts to whipping up a frenzy. Even during the Mumbai attacks, while the firefight was still in progress, Indian Media was already pointing the finger of blame, such tactics work momentarily, but as we witness in the aftermath, all credibility goes out of the window.

well it seems that the Indian media was right after all, doesn't it?
I have seen the Pakistani media come up with fake stories too...I hope you admit that...
my point was that we need a way of cross-checking these demo news pieces from the media sources of both the countries...just so that things make more sense.

Pak troops violate ceasefire, fire at India

Jammu: Pakistani troops fired rockets and mortar shells into Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch district for over two hours on Saturday evening, army officers said.

A spokesman of the Indian Army's 16 Corps headquarters at Nagrota near here, said that Pakistani troops opened fire in Krishna Ghat sector in Mendhar along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch from 6.30 pm to 9 pm.

"This is a blatant case of ceasefire violation on the LoC," Brig. Gurdip Singh told reporters.

The ceasefire violation came a day after Pakistan accepted the Indian offer of talks, with foreign secretaries of the two countries scheduled to meet Feb 25.

Pak troops violate ceasefire, fire at India

Pak troops violate LoC truce

Jammu: A junior commissioned officer was injured as Pakistani troops pounded Indian posts with 15 rockets and opened indiscriminate machine gun fire along the Line of Control in Poonch district in the "biggest" ceasefire violation in Jammu and Kashmir.
You may also want to see.

There were 17 infiltration bids and nine truce violations along the border this year. The last ceasefire violation occurred on January 26 when Pakistani troops resorted to unprovoked firing in Kanachak sub-sector of Jammu.

Pakistani troops fired 15 under-barrel grenade launcher rockets on five Indian forward defence locations from its eight border posts along the LoC in Krishna Gati sub-sector of Poonch district at around 1815 hours last night, Brigadier General Staff, 16 Corps, Brig Gurdeep Singh told PTI today.

It was followed by the heavy firing by machine guns on the forward posts, he said adding "the heavy and indiscriminate firing continued for two hours".

The rockets missed the intended target and exploded near the posts, he said adding that one JCO Subedar PC Thakur of 17 Mahar Regiment was wounded and taken to a hospital.

Indian troops fired from small arms weapons and intermittent exchanges ended early today, he said.

"It was for the first time such a large number of rockets were fired and also several Pakistani posts were involved in the firing with heavy weapons," Brig Gurdeep said.

"This is biggest ceasefire violation so far. We will lodge a strong protest with our Pakistani counterparts at a flag meeting today," he said.

The aim of the firing by Pakistani troops was to give cover to infiltrating militants, officials said adding, however, their objective was not successful as all the border posts were alerted.

"Pakistani forward posts were instrumental in facilitating infiltration into Indian territory," BSF DIG S Sagwan had said earlier.

Information from various security agencies involved in security grid in Jammu and Kashmir has put figure of infiltration attempts at 433 in 2009, which is 91 attempts more than 2008.

As per the police figures, 342 infiltration attempts were made from across the border in 2008, while 2007 and 2006 reported 535 and 573 such attempts along LoC and IB in Jammu and Kashmir, where over 100 militants managed to sneak in.

The BSF had said infiltration attempts along the border is up and measures have been taken by security forces to foil these bids as it is an area of concern at a time when violence has gone down in Jammu and Kashmir.

Addressing the chief ministers' conference on Internal Security in New Delhi earlier this month, prime minister Manmohan Singh had said though there has been a marked decline in the number of terrorist incidents from 2008 to 2009 in Jammu and Kashmir, infiltration levels have shown an increase in the same period and "recently there have been some incidents which are disturbing."

Pak troops violate LoC truce - dnaindia.com

Pak troops violate ceasefire along border yet again

STAFF WRITER 21:4 HRS IST

Jammu, Feb 13 (PTI) In yet another ceasefire violation, Pakistani troops tonight fired rockets on Indian posts along the Line of Control in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir, a senior army officer said.

Pakistani troops from a forward post fired several rockets on three Indian posts along the LoC in Krishnaghati area of Poonch sector from 1815 hrs today, the officer told PTI.

The three posts targeted included Kranti, Kranti 1 and Kripan posts along the LoC, he said, adding, the rocket attacks were followed by heavy machine gun fire.

The rockets exploded away from the posts prompting Indian troops to fire in retaliation which resulted in an exchange of fire that is still on, the officer said.

This is a clear violation of the ceasefire as firing and rockets came from the Pakistani posts, he said.

fullstory

@ Asim

1. If Pakistani troops fired at India, i think it is related to this section.

2. I have posted many news reports above.

3. The links are also posted for reference.

:angry: bsf indiscriminate firing martyrs a Pakistani Ranger....ISPR .........STRONG PROTEST by Rangers and demand a flag meeting.

MOD EDIT:

Pakistan soldier killed in Kashmir border firing: military

Sunday, 23 May, 2010
font-size small font-size largefont-sizeprint email share
India’s Border Security Force (BSF) soldiers patrol the fenced border with Pakistan near Jammu. –Reuters (File Photo)
World
India says fired at by Pakistan guards
India says fired at by Pakistan guards

ISLAMABAD: A Pakistani soldier was killed on Sunday in firing allegedly by Indian troops at the border between the South Asian rivals in disputed Kashmir, the military said.

“A Pakistan army soldier embraced shahadat (martyrdom) due to unprovoked firing by Indians ... at Battal sector in Rawlakot,” it said in a statement.

“Pakistan has lodged a strong protest with Indians and demanded an immediate flag meeting, however intermittent firing is continuing at Battal sector,” it added.

Nuclear-armed India and Pakistan have fought three wars, two over Kashmir.

They each hold part of the Himalayan region but claim it in full.

Violence has sharply declined in Kashmir since they launched a peace process in 2004.

The insurgency on the Indian side of Kashmir has left more than 43,000 people dead since it erupted in 1989. –AFP

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | Pakistan soldier killed in Kashmir border firing: military

Last edited by a moderator:
Similar news is running, here, says Rangers opened fire on us and BSF retaliated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom