What's new

India not 'Enemy' in Bangla Wargames

Lol, India has always been the focus of threat and always will be. Does anyone think the army doctrine is going to change overnight? The military is far closer to China then it is to any other nation, in fact the army has closer links to the US, UK, Russia then it does to india. It's just a political neighbourly gesture, we will resume normalcy next year.

Mukti Bahini was fully trained, armed, & financed by India, they got constant supply from India, they were provided with intelligence, logistics, strategy, safe zone for regroup, and everything else that was needed to fight a war, yet we had to militarily intervene to make the PA surrender, so what was stopping us from occupying BD in 1971? If we could beat PA on both the fronts, we could have beaten Mukti Bahini also. And even today BD hardly has any credible force to provide any significant resistance. But what do we gain from such an occupation?

The reason we didn't occupy BD, not trying to occupy BD now, and don't have any plan to occupy BD in future is simple, we just don't want to do it. They wanted to stay separate, so did we, hardly anything has changed since partition, hence we should remain separated.

Spare me the history lesson mate, my post was just reaction to the stupidity in the other user's post, get off your high horse mate, the Mukti Bhani fought to get ''freedom'' from Pakistan, what do you think it would have done had India tried to occupy them once again, beating Mukti Bhani is n ot the question, the question is the cost of such a conflict, now coming to present times, the only reason I see an Indian incursion into BD is in the case of an Indo-China war in which the Chinese will most probably take advantage of the strategic bottleneck North of Bangladesh cutting off Indian supply lines to it's north eastern land, the Indians will either have to retake the land from the Chinese or consolidate another supply route through BD, the Bangladesi government will obviously want to remain neutral in such a conflict but the Indians will be forced to secure the supply line by force and in this case the Bangladeshis will have no option but to fight....

There was a time Awami dogs used to say BD didn't need an Army. If things goes on like this soon there'll be a time the rest of the BD people would begin to say we don't need an Army and the only good thing to say about the Army would be 'Shoinik roptani koria amra prochur boideshik mudra ay koria thaki'.

:omghaha:

Spare me the history lesson mate, my post was just reaction to the stupidity in the other user's post, get off your high horse mate, the Mukti Bhani fought to get ''freedom'' from Pakistan, what do you think it would have done had India tried to occupy them once again, beating Mukti Bhani is n ot the question, the question is the cost of such a conflict, now coming to present times, the only reason I see an Indian incursion into BD is in the case of an Indo-China war in which the Chinese will most probably take advantage of the strategic bottleneck North of Bangladesh cutting off Indian supply lines to it's north eastern land, the Indians will either have to retake the land from the Chinese or consolidate another supply route through BD, the Bangladesi government will obviously want to remain neutral in such a conflict but the Indians will be forced to secure the supply line by force and in this case the Bangladeshis will have no option but to fight....

Wonderful! So, in short you are agreeing that India will not invade Bangladesh to occupy her.

And you are also suggesting that Bangladesh is maintaining an army just because in case of a Sino-India war China might be successful to block the Shiliguri corridor and India will try to get an access to NE India through Bangladesh, And Bangladesh will remain neutral but fight India to prevent her from doing so. I suggest Bangladesh would condemn such a move by India in parliament and will convey to China her inability to militarily prevent India from doing it, and remain a truly neutral spectator to allow India & China to fight it out, why should Bangladesh bleed unnecessarily?

Dude, do you seriously think that if India wants to attack BD than BD army is in ANY POSITION to stand in it's way???? :D
If Israel can stand against Arab countries, then yes, we can also stand against India. If foreign threat comes you will find us United.

India never was the enemy.....India has just always been protective as a Big brother.......
we need to strengthen our trust and friendship....:)
Bangladesh always want a strong friendship with India. But, looks like Indian Government might not want friendship with us.

Bangladesh always want a strong friendship with India. But, looks like Indian Government might not want friendship with us.
I cannot say whose fault it is...but I certainly know that our future demands friendship and better relations....:tup:

Actually such a scenario is entirely plausible.

The only sensible statement from yu :D
I think its really better if BD sign some security alliance with us. Anyone attacks BD, its an attack on India :D

No security alliance needed, BD is virtually controlled by indian proxies. Sooner india get rid of BD army better it is for relation indian wants.

Back
Top Bottom