What's new

India must help pakistan : Shashi Tharoor ( The geography of hope )

It oly happens when muslims are offended... so ur statement is partially correct

factually incorrect.

ex: 1. politically charged up movies based on true events, others containing social taboos like incest, assassination of national leaders are also banned
2. Da vinci code -christian community

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Tharoor's statements are always and entirely predictable.

Never mind Pakistan, just worry about helping yourselves first. India can use all the 'help' Indians can muster.

I completely agree.

The question is- does India need that much freedom? there is a thin line between freedom and madness. although I respect your opinion but I dont think India could and should sustain that much freedom. I can easily see that your thoughts are good, in reality they wont be.. once you give total freedom you cannot argue about wrong and right.. sometimes the arguments gets really funny. I would rather see my country disciplined and less "free" than being turned into a hippie land

1st statement -pathetic!
2nd statement- utter nonsense and you know it.
3rd statement - Both pathetic and loser-ish.
4th statement- clearly, not many Indians take that view unless you belong to : religious denominations that easily get offended and talk about BS like blasphemy or socially conservative, cultural protectionist right wing group.

Even hindutva people are pro-freedom of speech no if ,not but.

Well, are we allowed to say things like this? From a Chinese member in the mainland:

I'm not saying China has great freedom of speech, that is one area that we can work on in the future. But it is usually exaggerated to ridiculous levels, whereas the truth is that we can pretty much say whatever we want as long as we are not forming a large-scale political movement to topple the government.
cross1993
Your quote abusing or expressing displeasure about your 'regime', not the government isn't really a prime example of freedom of expression brother.
had you quoted things like:
.........why is communist party the only party?
......why does the regime decide what i can search on the internet?
................does being anti party (NOT it's Premier) necessarily anti china and why are people getting jailed for their opinions.
.............why does the regime think it 'needs' to censor things and propaganda machines?
it would be an example of Freedom of expression.

However your action of quoting some random Chinese guy expressing his displeasure about the premier of communist party as a example of freedom of speech in china is really funny and actually indicates the situation in your society which you conveniently disguise as a need to be disciplined while citing the history of civil wars in china. it might suit to your taste but ends never justify means.

More delusion of grandeur from Shashi Tharoor, the chief delusionist himself.

The Man has done his work in handling conflicts such as Bosnian war, so i'd take bit more than preconceived notions regarding him

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Never mind Pakistan, just worry about helping yourselves first. India can use all the 'help' Indians can muster.

Completely agree on the bolded part, greater part of India's problems are where only India can help herself.

For all of you china fan boys

understand that your claims of India/Indians bragging about democracy, pluralism, freedom are ridiculous.

Democracy is an absolute necessity NOT choice we made.
Indian psyche which is really a collective psyche of various ethno-lingual groups united with commitment to the values of pluralism and freedom ,cannot tolerate anything other than democracy however flawed it is.

Chinese and our beloved neighbors bringing up the nonsense of 300 million over and over again as if the number is increasing from an absolute zero because of our wrong doings as a nation. the Numbers as you know are in decline with the increase in literacy and social inclusion programs. Its' just a matter of time. 'efficiency' isn't an argument. societies should take time to transform. anything unnatural would have undesirable consequences. besides we don't have regimes , we have governments. They are by nature less efficient.

That's the thing with truth. It is always consistent and entirely predictable.

And truth is bitter.

He is worrying about Pakistan only because of the negative impact it can have on India in the "eventuality".

We don't care if Pakistan is Islamic or a "fort of Islam" or any other label it chooses.

Our only issue is with the 26/11 and other terrorists coming from there and the issues it's instability could cause here.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

"Bagal ma churri aur mu ma ram ram" :lol:

Good, you retain some connection to that golden past that was snatched from you.

In fact Balmiki achieved Nirvana by repeating "mara mara".

Remembering God's name always helps in this Kaliyug when the sins and false ideologies are so much prevailing in the world. ;)

Sure.. you may continue to keep the hate and celebrate Pakistani deaths..but then again.. radioactive therapy has never been good in the long term...perhaps both nations need it.

Shekhar Gupta of Indian Express argued last year that India has "a stake in Pakistan’s survival and moderation as a democratic state" and warns against "utterly unconcealed sense of delight" about the daily carnage in Pakistan. Gupta cautioned against the prevailing "smugness" in his country and adds, "This is not just the mood of the mobs here. Even the “intelligentsia”, the TV talking heads, opinion page columnists, government spokespersons, all have the same smug air of “I-told-you-so” and “so-what-else-did-they-expect” satisfaction. And they ask the same patronizing question: hell, can Pakistan be saved?"

Gupta concluded his piece by saying, "Time has therefore come to nuance our policy as well as national mood and psychology, to not merely reopen communication with Pakistan but to also make moves, offers, anything that will enhance the power and credibility of its government which, with all its faults, is still the most moderate of all forces in that region. Finally, time has also come to set in place some kind of diplomatic standard operating procedures in case more terror attacks take place because a third round of coercive diplomacy may spin out of control. We have to now demonstrate a stake in Pakistan’s survival and moderation as a democratic state. Just bombing somebody there in anger won’t work, because people who are targeting us are also targeting the rest of the modern world, from Chicago to Copenhagen."

Haq's Musings: India's Sane Voice Warns Against Smugness

Sure.. you may continue to keep the hate and celebrate Pakistani deaths..but then again.. radioactive therapy has never been good in the long term...perhaps both nations need it.

Both nations defintely need peace.

However, isn't it amazing that even though the Pakistani deaths are occurring purely due to your internal issues, by your own terrorists and being inspired by an ideology that is again yours, you still find a way to blame India or Indians for this?

Even if the Kashmir issue is resolved, as long as we remain two different nations, we'll always find excuses to fight with each other. The only way to peace would be in my opinion be some kind of unification.

Listen, India must help Pakistan remove these from their roads.

873135d1346996466-indian-bikes-vs-pakistani-bikes-cd70bike_new1_13g_pakwheels-com-.jpg

Back
Top Bottom