What's new

India Lifts Imports of Iran's Oil

Why is Iran important just bcs of oil..I would give more importance to KSA as they not only provide us with oil but also provides employment opportunities to thousands of Indians. If given a choice b/n Israel & Iran , I will gladly chose Israel as for me national security is more important.

a small thing...the exit of nato from afghanisstan is sure and we need iran to access our resources (mines) in afghanistan and support the afghan national army and northern alliance against the taliban in case the situation demands...

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

You don't have any idea about national interests.What Israel has for you except exporting its arms to you?Iran is your neighbor country,much larger than Israel,have more influence in region and much larger economy than Israel.If you cut ties with Iran,you will lose access to central Asian markets surrounded by hostile Pakistan,Iran and rival China.India has much larger trade with Iran than Israel.I don't even understand how you would choose Israel over Iran.

so when is iran exporting us phalcon, green pine radars, jv with barak/spyder sam, collaboration with spy satelites (RISAT) etc....

israel has so much that iran cannot offer....both countries are important to us....

but if it really comes to choosing one, god forbid, it is a no brainer that israel is much mroe important to indian interests than iran...

You don't have any idea about national interests.What Israel has for you except exporting its arms to you?Iran is your neighbor country,much larger than Israel,have more influence in region and much larger economy than Israel.If you cut ties with Iran,you will lose access to central Asian markets surrounded by hostile Pakistan,Iran and rival China.India has much larger trade with Iran than Israel.I don't even understand how you would choose Israel over Iran.

Economically : Iran
Strategically: Israel

let me ask u ask something: tomorrow if India has fighting war against Pakistan, would Iran support India or atleast stay nuetral?
coz Israel in 1999 provided us with ammunitions and high altitude warfare gear when the whole world(except french) were sanctioning us...

Apart from selling us arms, Israel has strong trade ties with India

From Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India%E2%80%93Israel_relations

Bilateral trade, which was at $200 million in 2001, grew to $4.1 billion by 2009, excluding defense trade. This includes manufacturing, satellite launch, agriculture and diamond industries. In 2008, PBEL, a joint venture of two Israeli real estate firms and an Indian developer, announced an investment of $1 billion in real estate projects in India. The plan is to build 10,000,000 square feet (930,000 m2) of world-class residential and business space in three cities.[50] A formal free trade agreement was on progress as of 2010 for a two way agreement that would give Indian industries access to the Israeli high technology sector, and Israel access to Indian domestic market.[51] This is a step ahead of the Preferential Trade Agreement (PTA) that a Joint Study Group (JSG) set up by the two countries had recommended to improve trade ties. It is estimated that bilateral trade would exceed $12 billion in 5 years with this trade agreement.

Also they stood by us in time of crises. What did Iran do? either you supported Pakistan (as in Shah times ) or didn't do anything. Even in future, if there is a Indo-Pak conflict there is a great chance that you will chose the Islamic side rather than the 'right' side. Iran has a large economy but Israel has a more technologically advanced economy. As for the influence, there is no doubt that Jews have more influence in this world than Persians..lets face it even neighbouring Arabs don't follow your lead.The only people listening to you are the Assad Regime, Hezbollah & Hamas.

With regards to CA, call me pessimist but until AF is in peace, nothing can come out of it and as it seems AF will never experience peace for a long time to come.

I have nothing against Iran, but you are bunch of smart people ruled by lunatic mullahs who one day will drag the country down to destruction.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

coz Israel in 1999 provided us with ammunitions and high altitude warfare gear when the whole world(except french) were sanctioning us...

Russians never sanctioned us.

Iran turns to India for wheat as palm oil dries up: Reuters

India's trade secretary says according to the report, " If the EU and the US both want to stop exports to that country, please tell me why I should follow suit? Why shouldn't I take up that business opportunity? If Europe and the US believe they wish to sanction exports of a large number of items to that country that is their choice. But for us we shall continue business"

Clearly India putting its interests ahead of the interests of the West. Cheers!

We are doing an excellent balancing job and following independent path, which is good.
But we have to be mindful of the fact that US is sole superpower and can influence a lot of our friendly nations.

We dont need to choose between Iran and Israel unless they themselves force us to do so. I dont think they would.

Indian PM Resists Pressure on Iran Sanctions

India's prime minister resisted pressure from the United States and the European Union to curtail its trade with Iran over the country's suspected nuclear weapons program, insisting Friday that diplomacy was the best way to deal with the concerns.

Washington and its allies want energy-starved India to curtail its dependence on Iranian oil, which New Delhi imports in immense quantities. Western countries believe Iran is using its oil revenues to develop nuclear weapons, but Tehran insists its nuclear program is purely for peaceful purposes.

"There have been problems with regard to Iran's nuclear program," Prime Minister Manmohan Singh told reporters after meeting with the president of the European Union. "We sincerely believe that this issue can be and should be resolved by giving maximum scope to diplomacy."

A very good move by India .

Indian PM Resists Pressure on Iran Sanctions - ABC News

Back
Top Bottom