What's new

India launches plan for underground ammunition dumps along borders with Pak

When they discovered Pakistan made a tunnel along LOC, there was criticism from Indian Government and Army, however, interestingly later on they announced that they would also do the same. This is height of hypocrisy :whistle:

When they discovered Pakistan made a tunnel along LOC, there was criticism from India but later on they announced that they would also do the same. This is height of hypocrisy :whistle:

That was a cross border tunnel to facilitate incursions for smuggling/cross border terrorism...these tunnels are on our side to store ammunition

There is something called Intelligence gethering an survilance through which much more than such facts can be gathered. One of objectives of such NEWS is to Convey a message in Case of Battle, our "FOP" have Independent Supply line and will work as an Independet Army... For a Layman it would mean an Independent Battle "Platoon".

TAGRA RAHO

I also thought that could be the case but Im weary based on our country's previous handling of such issues. But times are changing and India could have made serious efforts to change how it handled and leaked info. Good for them if its so!

Image of underground Ammunition Dump

images

The underground shelters will make it difficult for the enemy to detect and destroy our ammunition dumps. Both China and the US store most of their ammunition in tunnels, caves and other underground shelters,'' said a source.

Yea but China nor the US announce what the fuk they are doing. Why do make such announcements we are so clueless on fight and prepare for war. Chanakya is flipping out.

GOI announces things which they want to be known.

Far more important things remain hidden from media light.

Finally someone with some strategic sense. These info release is exactly for psychological purpose. It makes enemy to think twice and they may have to prepare strategy considering if it is done or not.

Deception is key to make enemy confused and deter any adventure.

completely agreed

Image of underground Ammunition Dump

images

GOI announces things which they want to be known.

Far more important things remain hidden from media light.

Nah not true all the time. Even ppl in the gov;t have pointed out "loose lips sink ships."

Yea but China nor the US announce what the fuk they are doing. Why do make such announcements we are so clueless on fight and prepare for war. Chanakya is flipping out.
Why do always spout idiotic tripe? If the Chinese and Americans have underground ammo dumps that are so secret, then how the heck do we know that they have constructed these?

Projects of such magnitude cannot be kept secret. It's better we let the enemy know that we have plenty of ammo for not only defence but offensive action too, which translates into viable and effective deterrence.

Why do always spout idiotic tripe? If the Chinese and Americans have underground ammo dumps that are so secret, then how the heck do we know that they have constructed these?

Projects of such magnitude cannot be kept secret. It's better we let the enemy know that we have plenty of ammo for not only defence but offensive action too, which translates into viable and effective deterrence.

Knowing that they built ammo depots and suggesting where they are located are two completely different things. I hope you can understand the difference? In this day and age saying ammo dumps are located 100-200 miles along the border and even stating certain states, allow another nation to use its resources to locate our dumps via remote sensing. Some are stating its so far in from the border, no military can mobilize that quickly in such a short amount of time. Well, these ammo depots can be targeted by missiles. So what if its underground, its still a target for multiple weapons of various magnititudes. Yeah and such projects can be kept in the dark. If I state China does so, then some will crib its a communist country and India is a vibrant open democracy. Please. The US has always been able to keep a lot of projects secret. It only comes out when the Gov't gives the approval to do so. In some instances, espionage can be a factor. There are many instances I can point out.

As for the second statement, I already conceded that was a thought that passed my mind regarding deterence/disinformation. In fact if you cared to read the post after the one you quoted, I stated it clearly. However, you chose to copy this one only. Gee, I wonder why? :coffee:

Ammo dumps don;t deter anyone but I guess after Kargil, we sort of have to make it known we can fight a sustained conflict. Telling everybody you are building a mountain strike force (instead of talking about it), transforming border security into an effective solution that works, demolishing villages, towns, cities damn near the border tells everyone you are serious about your security.

Ask yourself....all this damn time we never made full use of the Andaman Nicobar Islands. Even as a bloody kid, my grandfathr questioned why we were not transforming it into a base? Only now we are.

Back
Top Bottom