What's new

“India is Seven Times less Relevant than China in the World Economy’

China is still a "developing country", and we are still behind much of the world in terms of development indicators.

However, it is nauseating to see the Indians who constantly try to look down on us, despite them being 40 years behind us.

Yet you enjoy showing development indicators of India
HDI rank india 134
HDI rank China 101

HDI rank of 101 for second largest economy in world is worst.

LoL, that coming from a bunch who are itching to have a go at the US with their Djinns and Jaadoo Jihadis. Take it easy. There is no bragging. The rich poor divide will always increase with growth before ultimately decreasing. If it is any consolation to you then rich poor divide in China too is increasing. And also, their poverty standard is less than 2 USD per day per capita. See, not so revering afterall :).

Stop trolling. In the article even "bric" is considered a complete nonsense.

Russia needs to forget India.

Insh'Allah Pakistan, China, and Russia will form a grand alliance.

LoL, you are trying hard on the party line from Beijing. I used to think that you are more humanist and liberal but you are a closet communist :)

Hahaha, you thought I was a humanist, then a liberal... now a closet Communist? :lol:

What a big swing in opinion. And all without having asked me my opinion on any specific matter. :P

Actually I'm none of the above. And I have no interest in boasting about China, only in showing Indians the reality about their own condition when they bash China.

You think we are the worst, then what about India who is 40 years behind us? :lol:

China has economy seven times larger than India, so it is indeed shameful to have some trillion dollar FDI and having HDI rank of 101.
As you say India has a very small economy compared to China, with huge population to cater with less amount of money.

Hahaha, you thought I was a humanist, then a liberal... now a closet Communist? :lol:

What a big swing in opinion. And all without having asked me my opinion on any specific matter. :P

Actually I'm none of the above. And I have no interest in boasting about China, only in showing Indians the reality about their own condition when they bash China.

All you do here is to spread your India hatred and then claim the opposite. Congrats on single handedly showing how arrogant and hateful Chinese can be.

Personally, I think it is better to create a sub-forum called india-bashing so that all of this type of articles can be grouped there.

I am really not sure this type of "I-am-better-than-you" article serving any purpose.

China is still a "developing country", and we are still behind much of the world in terms of development indicators.

However, it is nauseating to see the Indians who constantly try to look down on us, despite them being 40 years behind us.

And do you nauseate when you see the following. Afterall they are from your own country. Right? Or anyone disagreeing with the communist party ceases to be a human being? Let us see if you nauseate on this one.

WUKAN, China—Residents of this besieged southern village vowed to carry on protests this week and showed signs of settling in for a protracted standoff with Chinese authorities, even amid indications that the government has stepped up security efforts in the region.

On Sunday, residents from other villages donated bags of rice and other supplies to Wukan, according to locals. The village's main square was quiet Sunday night, but resident left benches and a stage set up for more rallies planned later this week. Leaders of the protest discussed other ideas on Sunday, including the potential for a march outside the village later in the week, though nothing was immediately planned.

Wukan—a fishing village of about 20,000 in southern China's relatively prosperous Guangdong province—has become a symbol of an uncertain year for China. Global economic softness and worries about inflation and housing prices have added to general unease, while a thriving Internet culture has given voice to criticism of how local and central governments conduct business.

People in Wukan over the weekend stressed that their concerns were over the conduct of local officials, with some even pleading for Beijing to intervene on their behalf. Many residents of Wukan and in its surrounding areas are calling for an investigation by Beijing into local government dealings, in particular involving the village Communist Party chief, Xue Chang, who has served in the position for about 40 years.

"Our ultimate wish is for the central government to investigate" alleged local corruption in Wukan, said one villager, who like many gave only a surname, Zhuang.

How the standoff plays out could offer an indication of how government leaders will handle unrest if China's economy slows further or if dissent grows louder.

Communist party officials in the face of rising protests, and the village—a collection of squat stone homes—has been essentially governing itself. Villagers have set up their own barricades to keep police out and have set up an impromptu media center where foreign reporters can get electricity. One local dealing with visitors carries the title "foreign minister."

With the local offices of the Communist party and the public security bureau—China's police—unoccupied, the atmosphere over the weekend was almost giddy. Youths wandered the streets, some carrying bottles of beer. Some residents are spending evenings gathered together watching movies on an outdoor screen; some have been setting off fireworks and others singing karaoke. Residents leave open the doors to their courtyard homes, where many sip tea in their living rooms.

Still, guards were settling in Sunday night to watch for any approaching security forces, while some locals in the village carried makeshift weapons.

Villagers on Sunday repeated their calls for the government to return the body of Xue Jinbo, who authorities say died of a heart attack while in custody but who many villagers believe was murdered. Reports of his death more than a week ago intensified already months-long protests over an alleged land grab by local officials. Residents said on Sunday that they will hold further protests in the middle of the week if Mr. Xue's body isn't returned.

Local government officials last week said they had halted the transaction that sparked the protest. At least four other protest leaders remain in police custody, according to residents.

The size and composition of the government security forces in surrounding Lufeng county was impossible to verify Sunday night. Still, locals said the security presence has been stepped up in the past few days.

On China's Twitter-like microblogging services, eyewitnesses said five sympathizers were removed by police in the nearby metropolis of Guangzhou for protesting in support of the Wukan uprising. The microblog posts were later deleted, as has been much of what has been reported about Wukan on the Chinese Internet.

Near the village's main square—which has served as the main meeting point for protests in recent days but which was quiet Sunday night—a portrait of Mr. Xue has been hung as a memory.

"First when this happened, I was so scared and I wanted to go to school instead of being trapped at home," said one high-school student. "But what my parents and relatives are doing is really brave."
Kid will go places. He knows the right things to nauseate on :)

Chinese Village Plans More Protests - WSJ.com

All you do here is to spread your India hatred and then claim the opposite.

Don't be a liar, you have been here long enough to know that I was originally friendly to the Indians here. :lol:

Now I am simply showing them the true facts about their country, in response to their lies about mine. Do you think that is unfair?

Personally, I think it is better to create a sub-forum called india-bashing so that all of this type of articles can be grouped there.

I am really not sure this type of "I-am-better-than-you" article serving any purpose.

Thanks, really I am thankful to you.
You are showing that not every chinese is like chinese dragon here, indeed thanks.

Does it really look like that I care for your opinion for whatever it is worth for your party's propaganda. And if you are really so keen to show the reality then take a look at your own people being mauled by your communist party. Indians are pretty comfortable in their skin. So you do not need to take any pains there. But hey, why do you care right? One country two systems? LoL, living in that system and you are looking out to show the reality to others :)

Oh my God, one more Di$k measuring contest in the forum.
Come on guys where are your senses when you indulge yourself in mud slinging contests.
There is no doubt that China is more economically prosperous than us(INDIA) and we see +ve in your growth, we are not at war with you to see your development as a hinderance to us. Infact some of the economic models used in China inspire us to do more for our economy.
So please sane members of the forum think twice before you involve yourself in some threat opend by fan boys to feed the hatred between us.

let them bash for few more years,meanwhile we should concentrate on our strengths and make people and our country powerfull enough so everybody has to think twice before commenting against her.We are going in the right direction.
Ignore everybody(trolls) just read there comments and enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom